The offseason - The reality. The plan. And what would you do?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're a solid rushing offence with a higher per carry average to the left

Help me out... who is on the left side of the 0-line?

Hump had the worst run blocking grade of his career this season

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has anyone reported more?

No idea. But you cant have it both ways. You can't say PFF is a joke and then stand on their 2 sacks allowed.

Because according to them our starting 5 only gave up 13 sacks all year. Which is a joke. We had 50 sacks.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No idea. But you cant have it both ways. You can't say PFF is a joke and then stand on their 2 sacks allowed.

Because according to them our starting 5 only gave up 13 sacks all year. Which is a joke. We had 50 sacks.

Unless some other reporting agency is saying he gave up more than two sacks, it's simply the agreed upon consensus.

You're the one, ad nauseam, making the dubious case that we should drop DJ for a draft pick and some 37/38 year old or some similar brain fantasy supported by nothing more than animus and conjecture.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
None of that is what I said.

I said we had to change scheme to accommodate the O line. In other words Kliff had to abandon what he wanted to do for what a the O line could cope with.

Do you think this O line is good?
Kliff identified that what he wanted to do wasn't working and then tried something slightly different. It wasn't just the line, Kyler being a rookie and us not having dynamic WRs also contributed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let's be clear here. Those people arguing that we should extend Hump answer this very simple question.

Do you think this O line is good?
I think this line is ok. I don't think it gets better by subtracting pieces. That is where we differ. I think this team can survive paying 14 mil for average production at LT when we have a bottom 5 RT as well. As long as we also use the #8 pick on a player who can win the RT battle with Murray and play LT if Humphries injuries re-occur.

I think...

LT - Humphries @ 14mil / #8 pick
LG - Pugh / Cole
C - Shipley / Gaillard
RG - Sweezy / Cole
RT - #8 pick / Murray

is better than

LT - #8 pick / Miles
LG - Pugh / Cole
C - Shipley / Gaillard
RG - Sweezy / Cole
RT - Murray / ???

every day of the week.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
With our first in house signing of Fitz. I think that they will bring in a prominant free agent DL, WILL, and possibly a RT to start and push Justin Murray to a primary b/u role. Those positions should be the focus in FA. There are many DL choices in FA, as has been pointed out. With 35m in cap money after in house signings it should be doable.

I think that Humphries and Drake will both get done, but more sure on Humphries there. Drake will need to be realistic and both may need to have incentive deals agreed to. If not there are options there (franchise and draft). If they franchise Humphries he won't be happy with that, knowing g they're renting him till the T they'd then HAVE to draft will be taking over the following year. That's the reality of the situation.

I believe their preferred path to draft, is where I believe it is solidly pointing to a developing #1 WR now. I think they'll draft another WILL in the middle rounds (3-5) and develop them behind a FA signing.

I think the draft can shake out with :

1- WR ~ Jeudy, Lamb
2 - IOL ~ Humphreys, Biadasz, Nick Harris, Trey Smith, Muti
or T ~ Austin Jackson,Wanogho, Niang, Trey Adams
3- OL (from above), (LB) SAM OLB or WILL ILB or BPA
Bradlee Anae, Zach Baun, Malik Harrison,
~ Richard LaCounte III (S), Antoine Winfield (S), Zach Moss (RB)
4- BPA ~ Bryce Hall (CB),
Jonatan Greenard (LB), Patrick Queen (LB), Troy Dye (LB), Hakeem Davis-Gaither (LB), Jordyn Brooks (LB)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just had my favorite draft on the generator at thedraftnetwork

1 - Tristan Wirfs - OT - Iowa(of course)
2 - Travis Etienne - RB - Clemson
3 - Harrison Bryant - TE - Florida Atlantic
4 - Jordan Elliott - DL - Missouri
6 - Denzel Mims - WR - Baylor
7 - Akeem Davis-Gatiher - LB - App St.

Love it so much. Especially as I think Bryant is going to be another mid-round TE people look at in a couple years and wonder why he fell so far.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless some other reporting agency is saying he gave up more than two sacks, it's simply the agreed upon consensus.

You're the one, ad nauseam, making the dubious case that we should drop DJ for a draft pick and some 37/38 year old or some similar brain fantasy supported by nothing more than animus and conjecture.

I've never once said we should take a 37 / 38 year old because we shouldn't.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Enough about Hump.

Who do you guys like at ILB? That's almost certainly going to come from Free Agency as the draft is weak.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Corey Littleton from the Rams at about 7-10 million per year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Schobert or Martinez pique my interest. I can't envision spending for Littleton.

I'm fine with Van Noy. I'm gonna be honest, 3-4 ILB is probably the position I'm the worst at understanding, but from what I read, Schobert's got coverage skills, and we need someone to handle the TE. Seems like the best fit to patch up our issues there, if we really don't feel Simmons is going to be available.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Schobert or Martinez pique my interest. I can't envision spending for Littleton.

I'm fine with Van Noy. I'm gonna be honest, 3-4 ILB is probably the position I'm the worst at understanding, but from what I read, Schobert's got coverage skills, and we need someone to handle the TE. Seems like the best fit to patch up our issues there, if we really don't feel Simmons is going to be available.

I fear Schobert is going to get 10m+ too. Young, Pro bowl, coverage skills.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I fear Schobert is going to get 10m+ too. Young, Pro bowl, coverage skills.
I agree. I'm just hoping we could get him for a little bit less than Littleton.

I also didn't want to answer with "just sign whoever" when my overall knowledge about the position isn't up to snuff here.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score

Martinez is good in coverage also but offers little in the run game I like Schobert more but may be to expensive. Littleton is the prize but expensive. There are a couple ILB I like in the draft but I would want to see some 40 times and agility drills before I'm sold on them because they may not be fast or athletic enough to be anything more then 2 down lbs and st. players

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we pony up for one defensive FA, would it be for a Pass rusher or LB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For ILB, I think the Cardinals bring in a vet and draft a mid round guy.

I just cant see why it would be smart to invest over $16 million at ILB. Hicks was actually pretty good last year, not great but solid. Add another solid guy and the defense will be fine at ILB.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For ILB, I think the Cardinals bring in a vet and draft a mid round guy.

I just cant see why it would be smart to invest over $16 million at ILB. Hicks was actually pretty good last year, not great but solid. Add another solid guy and the defense will be fine at ILB.

I agree. I don't see them bringing in a top guy like Littleton or Schobert. It's going to be a complimentary piece for Hicks on the cheap. I still the Trevathan is most likely because he offers everything Keim is looking for when looking for value (Age, coming off injury, in decline but still talented). Or a journeyman like Jon Bostic or a guy that's never been able to put it together but can do a job like Reggie Ragland.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose