The Official "What's for Dinner" Thread!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
later tonight my niece is making Chile Rellenos for dinner.

My niece was going to culinary school but she had to drop out because she is epileptic. So she does most of the cooking.

I just baby sit her baby while she’s cooking

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a poutine mashup yesterday using fresh potatoes, Japanese curry instead of the brown gravy, (Made some of the brown gravy too for everyone else) cut up blocks of cheese and leftover pulled pork from the 4th of July.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpeg
    IMG_2520.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 6

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a poutine mashup yesterday using fresh potatoes, Japanese curry instead of the brown gravy, (Made some of the brown gravy too for everyone else) cut up blocks of cheese and leftover pulled pork from the 4th of July.

Pretty creative usage of the curry. What's the verdict?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had spaghetti along with whole grain bread for dinner tonight. My daughter made it. It was delicious.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife made chili with mashed potatoes mixed in and we had the "best chips on the planet" (aka Juanita's/Juantonio’s) on the side.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife made chili with mashed potatoes mixed in and we had the "best chips on the planet" (aka Juanita's/Juantonio’s) on the side.
I'd put any tortilla chips in the world (that you can get regularly from the grocery store) against My Nana's. I was sad when they stopped selling them here in Colorado. Most times I go back to AZ, I stock up.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my wife's favorite last night. Kare-kare (Traditional Filipino Oxtail stew) which was based off her moms recipe and that I have adapted and perfected over the years. Main ingredients are Oxtail, BokChoy, Cabbage, Green Beans and Peanut Butter. Pressure cooked the oxtail till it is fall off the bone tender. Served over rice with Bagoong (spicy fermented shrimp paste) to taste.

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Smoked a tri-tip in a blackberry-chipotle glaze today. Love this this way. Bumped the internal temp up to 135 over my normal 130 and it came out better! The little bit of extra heat made it a little more tender and flavorful. Glad I gave it a try after reading that the cut works better at it.