The Official 'What's for Breakfast' Thread?

Do You Still Eat Breakfast?

• Total voters

AZZenny

Reaction score
Separate two eggs. whip the whites with a pinch of salt and sugar until very soft peaks form, then fold in the broken yolks. spread mixture in a very well buttered 7-8" frying pan, put on a lid, and cook over med heat for a minute or two, then remove cover. When the fluffy top is getting very warm but is not cooked, layer on about 1/2 to 2/3rds cup sliced, sweetened berries (zapped in a microwave for about 20-30 sec. to warm them very slightly -- this is perfect for berries that were sliced a couple days ago and just are starting to lose their freshness). When the bottom of the omelet is golden and the top is still soft, fold it over and serve. (You can fluff a little powdered sugar or raw sugar on it if you want it sweeter.)

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Went to Denny's so I had some breakfast food for the first time in a LONG time. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, pancakes, coffee...yum

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Separate two eggs. whip the whites with a pinch of salt and sugar until very soft peaks form, then fold in the broken yolks. spread mixture in a very well buttered 7-8" frying pan, put on a lid, and cook over med heat for a minute or two, then remove cover. When the fluffy top is getting very warm but is not cooked, layer on about 1/2 to 2/3rds cup sliced, sweetened berries (zapped in a microwave for about 20-30 sec. to warm them very slightly -- this is perfect for berries that were sliced a couple days ago and just are starting to lose their freshness). When the bottom of the omelet is golden and the top is still soft, fold it over and serve. (You can fluff a little powdered sugar or raw sugar on it if you want it sweeter.)
Interesting. I'll have to try that sometime.

Went to Denny's so I had some breakfast food for the first time in a LONG time. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, pancakes, coffee...yum
:nono:

:D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some weird blood sugar thing going one lately. If I eat lots of carbs in the morning, I am constantly hungry throughout the day.

If I eat the right amount of protein in the morning, I am good for much longer.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was some good stuff. It's been way too long since I've had those breakfast meats. Should have gotten some country fried steak too.
:)

I have some weird blood sugar thing going one lately. If I eat lots of carbs in the morning, I am constantly hungry throughout the day.

That's not particularly weird...it's what I would expect to happen.

Unless you're saying it's weird because you never used to be that way.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gotcha. May want to have that checked out? Could be a sign of something (what, I don't know).

You're going to get chlamydia.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Hmm. May have to try that. The slightly sour aspect of regular yogurt is the main reason I don't eat it that often.

I am totally hooked on greek yogurt - don't buy the other stuff anymore.

It's a lot thicker and creamier (more like sour cream). I get the fat-free Fage and just drizzle some honey over it, sometimes drop in some chopped nuts, yum!