The Official Derek Anderson Dump Thread

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For me, its not pinning the blame of this loss on Anderson, but rather looking at the overall body of work and moving forward.

I was naive to think that Whis and Miller could make a dollar out of a nickel after we released Leinart. I dont see many wins in our future with him behind center, especially if our defense is going to take days off like it did last season.

Today was a team loss, but it also showed that Anderson is simply not a good QB

Don't get me wrong, he was terrible. Everyone was terrible.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the thread title. DA probably is the worst starting QB in the league. The only thing that would move him out of that slot is if Leinart is elevated to starter sometime this season.

Steve

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
He campaigns for DD to get a huge payday, Dansby walks and has the game saving tackle today, and Boldin looked awesome the first game.

I like Whiz as a coach a lot but our FO needs to run the personell show, he won the Matt vs DA round but with that I think he put the first public hole in his credibility but as others point out if you really look at his personell ideas and moves, if you assume it was his ideas, wow, he's not very good at it.

That's bad because our FO isn't very good either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He campaigns for DD to get a huge payday, Dansby walks and has the game saving tackle today, and Boldin looked awesome the first game.

I like Whiz as a coach a lot but our FO needs to run the personell show, he won the Matt vs DA round but with that I think he put the first public hole in his credibility but as others point out if you really look at his personell ideas and moves, if you assume it was his ideas, wow, he's not very good at it.

That's bad because our FO isn't very good either.

Of all of these, the only thing that Whis can take credit for is supporting the resigning of Dockett which was a good move. The rest...you can't say either way.

Two points of note.
1-Dansby didn't have the game saving tackle, Vontae Davis had the game saving assist. If you watch the goal line play, AP spins off Dansby's tackle only to get slammed into the ground by Vontae Davis. Dansby filled the hole, but wasn't able to finish.

2-Boldin had a good game because he a great receiver, and the Ravens best option. Boldin's issues were never production related, they were age, durability, and financial. Don't kid yourself, letting Boldin go was the right football move even if it still hurts my heart to see him gone.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Of all of these, the only thing that Whis can take credit for is supporting the resigning of Dockett which was a good move. The rest...you can't say either way.

Two points of note.
1-Dansby didn't have the game saving tackle, Vontae Davis had the game saving assist. If you watch the goal line play, AP spins off Dansby's tackle only to get slammed into the ground by Vontae Davis. Dansby filled the hole, but wasn't able to finish.

2-Boldin had a good game because he a great receiver, and the Ravens best option. Boldin's issues were never production related, they were age, durability, and financial. Don't kid yourself, letting Boldin go was the right football move even if it still hurts my heart to see him gone.
Chopper, just keep playing devil's advocate. It may help soften the blow. But when the season is over and we have 5 wins, will you still be riding Whisenhunt's magic carpet ride?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys are crazy!!!!!

Anderson has had no help whatsoever. The line sucks, the schemes suck and his receivers are getting no separation. Quite honestly he has done pretty well considering the circumstances. Warner was no better when he first got here. Considering his amazing athletic ability, I'm sure DA could be even better than Warner with just a little bit of seasoning and help from his teammates.

OK, I was just trying to piss everyone off :) Can we please bring in Hall already. I vote that Whiz just admits his mistake and sends our 6th or 7th rounder next year to Houston for the guy we just cut.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
The line has been crappy yea, but Anderson is awful. We'll lose this game if he stays in. Hall, please!!!!!!! Even Skelton..:mulli:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we, as a board, just accept this as fact? Are we all in agreement already?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team will be lucky to be 4-6 through the first 10 with Anderson in there.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
He freakin's sucks. Leinart sucks too.
The sun rises in the east
The sun sets in the west
The sky is blue.. well, its actually black... but that is an illusion like our two wins have been illusions

This team is bad in all facets of the game.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After three game I am not impressed with our offense and his leadership so far.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
DA does'nt have the skills to get better.He cannot read defenses,nor can he make his reads from reciever to reciever in half an hour.Too many recievers getting thrown at totally covered with horrible passes while other recievers are running so free even shane could complete the pass very easily.Its embarrassing to watch our guys running that free with no look from a guy that tall.SHAME on Whiz if he sticks with this very unskilled person.LETS MOVE ONWARD.PLEASE!!!

Last edited:

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DA does'nt have the skills to get better.He cannot read defenses,nor can he make his reads from reciever to reciever in half an hour.Toomany recievers getting thrown at totally covered with horrible passes while other recievers are running so free even shane could complete the pass very easily.Its embarrassing to watch our guys running that free with no look from a guy that tall.SHAME on Whiz if he sticks with this very unskilled person.LETS MOVE ONWARD.PLEASE!!!

I agree. You can't coach or fix stupid.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Let's see if Whiz continues to stick with this ******... if he does, its either his ego or his head needs to be examined

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard