The Official 2012 NBA Finals Thread: MIA vs. OKC

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesy has finally seen the light..

LeBron finally SHOWED me and everyone else the light. Before this, he just hadn't proven it yet. Now he has.

This is what I have been talking about for years.. And what makes it even more better is that all the Lakers fans cant stand that LeBron is getting over the same way the Lakers have been for decades.. Lakers have been poching great players since I can remember.. And they are pissed that these three men decided to form this team.. Lakers fans are mad because they have been riding the golden goose of gifts from Stern for far too long and its over now..

this is completely agree with.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesy has finally seen the light.. This is what I have been talking about for years.. And what makes it even more better is that all the Lakers fans cant stand that LeBron is getting over the same way the Lakers have been for decades.. Lakers have been poching great players since I can remember.. And they are pissed that these three men decided to form this team.. Lakers fans are mad because they have been riding the golden goose of gifts from Stern for far too long and its over now..

All hail the King! Greatest player in the NBA today..

personally I don't care that he changed teams. That didn't bug me at all what bugged me was the whole circus to announce it and then the way they all acted at said circus.

The guy last night telling Chalmers not to wave at the crowd showed a lot of class, the guy who did the announcement on tv the way he did it showed a lot of immaturity. It probably took a lot of public complaint about that announcement to show LeBron the error of his ways.

I don't hate him at all, great player, I just hated the way he handed that situation.

It's bad enough when 18 year old HS kids go hollywood to announce their college decision but LeBron was 25 years old at the time. And yes I know he raised money for charity by doing it and I'm glad he did, just felt he didn't handle how he made the announcement well.

he's clearly matured.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
game two was crucial. if some calls went OKC's way, some made f/t's, we are looking at a whole different finals.

ijs, the refs took the thunder out of the games early in the first half. causing them to play a lesser degree of defense. seems like that was the MO of the series and the NBA. ijs...

there were a lot of crap calls, fantom fouls, etc. Compare the Spurs/Thunder series to the finals series. The spurs/thunder series was pretty fair in calls as both teams were ALLOWED to play and stay aggressive., these finals though i dont think so.

okc wins game two, atleast they'd have another game back home if Heat won 3 straight. that's a problem with the 2-3-2 format.

Props to LBJ, he made shots, got his team involved, and was unstoppable. i ain't mad at him for the bunk calls the refs gave to the thunder.

Wade, guy is annoying with all his carries. He benefited the most from these weak calls imo. Overrated, yes i'm calling him overrated.

Bosh finally seemed healthy and had some quickness and hop back in his step. Perkins was abused by him.

Harden, sack up man. He proved that he can't make shots and is passive in big moments. Was severly dissapointed in his play.

If OKC could have done one thing better on offense, it was sharing and moving the ball.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... those were his numbers for the entire series Donald. He had 26, 13 and 11 last night. That's a triple double.

Whatev. I didn't watch the second half. Whoopdee doo. Good job LeBron. Still hate you.

LOL again... are you really going to try to make the argument that a guy who averages 7 dimes a game ISN'T a team player? that's ridiculous.

Cleveland sure doesn't find him a team player. :shrug:

which is Donald? Is Wade busted or LeBron ride his coattails. It's kind of stupid to say someone rode something that was busted to a title. Dude carried that team with a busted Wade and without Bosh for a healthy chunk of the playoffs. He rode Wade to the end? Funny... you mean like Kobe rode his stable of footers to the end as he tried to shoot them out of a game 7 going 6-24? That's riding people's jock. Not putting up a triple double and having the best finals anyone's seen in a decade.

He left Cleveland to join Wade's team. He rode Wade to a finals, and lost. Wade is breaking before our eyes, but he got ridiculous performances from Chalmers, Battier and Miller (in game 5) to support him.

Kobe, despite 6-24, was nails in that game 7 fourth quarter in the most important area of the game..rebounding. He shot like crap, but he boarded like a beast in a series where boards were paramount. He outrebounded his 7 footers. That's not riding anything. It's doing what's needed. That's what LeBron did too, but he left Cleveland to ride coat tails, and I dislike that, personally.

you're so cute when you're angry. your posts are gonna be awesome for the next couple years when LeBron keeps winning and the Lakers keep imploding.

LeBron won't keep winning, and the Lakeshow will never implode. Well, Jim Buss is an idiot, so maybe not. Whatevs, I can't complain for years with the recent title wins. It's like a ten year no-worry policy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatev. I didn't watch the second half. Whoopdee doo. Good job LeBron. Still hate you.

I have to say you're being pretty unreasonable about the player if not the man. I'll never be a Lebron fan but I probably am unduly influenced by the self crowning and the over-the-top ESPN adulation. But, dismissing his game the way you do is the kind of thing only a die-hard fan can do. Nobody else could look at Lebron's play without marveling at what the guy can do.

Steve

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleveland sure doesn't find him a team player. :shrug:

I wonder why? They had a team? Other players there? He single handedly took that crap ass team to the Finals.. He had no support..

The Cavs owner is a lunatic..

Lets see Kobe or Magic or Shaq or Kareem or Wilt do what he did on that team.. Alone.. Some tried and failed just like King James did.. Till they joined they Lakers..

Lakers fans be pissing me off.. Getting titles handed to you and you think you have the right to critisize..

Just **** already with your contradictory hate for LeBron James..

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Donald just **** and QFT, again. first the MWP elbow talk, now this LeBron talk.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I wonder why? They had a team? Other players there? He single handedly took that crap ass team to the Finals.. He had no support..

The Cavs owner is a lunatic..

Lets see Kobe or Magic or Shaq or Kareem or Wilt do what he did on that team.. Alone.. Some tried and failed just like King James did.. Till they joined they Lakers..

Lakers fans be pissing me off.. Getting titles handed to you and you think you have the right to critisize..

Just **** already with your contradictory hate for LeBron James..

Gee - you're responding to a false & bitter premise

He was a good teamate in cleveland - guy finished top 10 in the league in assists in 5 of his seasons there despite throwing the ball to a collection of hot garbage .... he put a lot of guys in a position to look good and get paid

In fact, he was probably too good at making those around him look better - to the point where people started to over-value guys like varejao, mo williams, etc

He flat carried that franchise for 7 years and guys loved to play with him ...

He's always been a great teamate with a good approach to how the game should be played ........ his problem has always been breaking the structure & being assertive and putting himself in good positions

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
There is sooo many >Lebrons right now, 5 off the top of my head. You probably got it right though, best players ever are Lebron and Lopez.

Lopez wouldn't even be in the Top 5 halftime sideshow attractions in the NBA.

As for James - I really can't think of five players in the league right now that would be better than LeBron. As a matter of fact, after the Finals, it's hard to make an argument that any active player in this league is more productive. I entertained the argument that Durant might have more skill, but after the series, I realized he needs to get stronger and be more physical on defense.

If you can't give LeBron his due credit for being the best player on the planet right now, you have to at least acknowledge he is the most versatile player in the NBA. But when his career is all said and done, his name will be mentioned with the greatest players in the NBA, ever. At this juncture, you cannot tell the story of the league without acknowledging the LeBron dichotomy. It is not far fetched to believe that he is comparable to Jordan, Magic, Oscar Robertson, etc., despite what people here believe. Is that to say James is any better? Not necessarily. But after last night, the argument has true validity and he has the opportunity to add to his impending legacy with 10+ years left in his career.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee - you're responding to a false & bitter premise

He was a good teamate in cleveland - guy finished top 10 in the league in assists in 5 of his seasons there despite throwing the ball to a collection of hot garbage .... he put a lot of guys in a position to look good and get paid

In fact, he was probably too good at making those around him look better - to the point where people started to over-value guys like varejao, mo williams, etc

He flat carried that franchise for 7 years and guys loved to play with him ...

He's always been a great teamate with a good approach to how the game should be played ........ his problem has always been breaking the structure & being assertive and putting himself in good positions

This is what I was trying to say.. May have worded it badly..

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, get used to him winning. No team in the East is going to challenge Miami for a while, even if Wade's legs do fall off. He appears to have figured out how to balance when to facilitate and when to take over.

What Miami's players did doesnt really phase me, it happens, guys want to play together they were free agents, they got together. For the Lakers fans to cry about this manufactured team is a crock, the next time the LA Lakers build a title winner from the ground up will be the first time. What annoys me more, as a fan, is to see a trash fan base like Miami stumble into a possible dynasty.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
game two was crucial. if some calls went OKC's way, some made f/t's, we are looking at a whole different finals.

ijs, the refs took the thunder out of the games early in the first half. causing them to play a lesser degree of defense. seems like that was the MO of the series and the NBA. ijs...

there were a lot of crap calls, fantom fouls, etc. Compare the Spurs/Thunder series to the finals series. The spurs/thunder series was pretty fair in calls as both teams were ALLOWED to play and stay aggressive., these finals though i dont think so.

okc wins game two, atleast they'd have another game back home if Heat won 3 straight. that's a problem with the 2-3-2 format.

Props to LBJ, he made shots, got his team involved, and was unstoppable. i ain't mad at him for the bunk calls the refs gave to the thunder.

Wade, guy is annoying with all his carries. He benefited the most from these weak calls imo. Overrated, yes i'm calling him overrated.

Bosh finally seemed healthy and had some quickness and hop back in his step. Perkins was abused by him.

Harden, sack up man. He proved that he can't make shots and is passive in big moments. Was severly dissapointed in his play.

If OKC could have done one thing better on offense, it was sharing and moving the ball.

Wade is still REALLY good on coming from nowhere to block shots he had 2-3 again last night.

But the carries and the walks are nuts. There was one play last night my pet peeve play the guy curls under the lane and comes out towards halfcourt so he's catching the ball moving away from the basket. He took at least 6 steps from when he caught the ball to whenhe dribbled. His momentum took him back then he turned and then he started forward and he still hadn't dribbled. It's insane, the defender is at a massive disadvantage.

Even on the play where Westbrook cut him off in the backcourt and he took the pass from Chalmers and then lost the ball, he took at least 4 steps on that one because he was surprised Westbrook was there, the Thunder got the ball anyways but that was a walk.

Just takes some of the fun of the game away from me it's a hell of a lot easier to make great driving shots if you can take extra steps.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's not advice. some people are just dense.

Don't talk about yourself like that. Whining and moaning is less interesting than people who don't agree with you, though, so you should really try that.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Yeah, hard to criticize the Heat from LA, when the Lakers have 9 championships with 3 of the 5 best centers of all time--none of whom was drafted by the Lakers. Two of them forced trades and one signed as a free agent, no different than Lebron. The Lakers have benefited more than anyone in the league from player-initiated movement.

None of the above is against the rules, though.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's all the rest I have to say on that. Suck up ESPN's chin dribble if you want, but I'm with these complete haters. And I love it. LOVE IT.d

"He and his Miami boyfriends, well they might win a ring. But even if they do, well it don't mean a thing. It's just as simple as this....LeBron James is a bitch."

Yep. Yep.

BTW. That's a ring. Singular. Good god, the deepthroating at ESPN has already started. ugh...LeBron James is a bitch. and I'm a PROUD hater of that egotistical douche****.

"You call yourself 'Chosen One', you're humble indeed"
That might be the best line of the entire song, and primarily the reason I dislike him so much. I guarantee it is why my wife hates the guy. There is just a certain arrogance beyond arrogance that allows one to not only embrace the chosen one idea but to tattoo it on your body. Ugh. Chosen for what, may I ask, ****face?

And by the by, if Kobe had left the Lakers for the bulls or clippers back when he was flirting that crap, he'd be dead to me. I am about the franchise. Which is one of the main reasons I really detest hometown LeBron who ditched his city, state, and franchise to try for a ring. I probably would have admired the guy if he actually brought an effing title to cleveland. No doubt...I would have put him high on the greatness ladder for that. But he douched his city...hard. Oh, and cheese, he's effing boring, bro.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kobe whined and b****ched about the Lakers FO & demanded a trade.....Lakers trade for Pau Gasol.

LeBron tells the FO to improve the team or he's gone....Cavs trade for the 63 year old Shaq and 49 year old Jamison.

Anyone who hates on LeBron is an idiot. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Kobe whined and b****ched about the Lakers FO & demanded a trade.....Lakers trade for Pau Gasol.

LeBron tells the FO to improve the team or he's gone....Cavs trade for the 63 year old Shaq and 49 year old Jamison.

Anyone who hates on LeBron is an idiot. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

No, that's an opinion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's all the rest I have to say on that. Suck up ESPN's chin dribble if you want, but I'm with these complete haters. And I love it. LOVE IT.d

"He and his Miami boyfriends, well they might win a ring. But even if they do, well it don't mean a thing. It's just as simple as this....LeBron James is a bitch."

Yep. Yep.

BTW. That's a ring. Singular. Good god, the deepthroating at ESPN has already started. ugh...LeBron James is a bitch. and I'm a PROUD hater of that egotistical douche****.

That might be the best line of the entire song, and primarily the reason I dislike him so much. I guarantee it is why my wife hates the guy. There is just a certain arrogance beyond arrogance that allows one to not only embrace the chosen one idea but to tattoo it on your body. Ugh. Chosen for what, may I ask, ****face?

And by the by, if Kobe had left the Lakers for the bulls or clippers back when he was flirting that crap, he'd be dead to me. I am about the franchise. Which is one of the main reasons I really detest hometown LeBron who ditched his city, state, and franchise to try for a ring.

this is the lamest thing in the world. The guy was took one of the worst franchise in all of sports and made them relevant... BY HIMSELF. He had complete and utter IDIOTS running his team who made horrific decision after decision, putting nothing but trash around him. I'm sure you would have loved it if he stayed there because he NEVER would have won and he knew it. Larry Hughes is their big free agent target when Joe Johnson was avaliable?! An older than dirt Ben Wallace/Wally Szecerbiak is the answer at the trading deadline? A 38 year-old Shaq? Sorry. Just because you're born in squalor, doesn't mean someone should have to live their whole lives in it and if you anyone would, you're high as a kite.

He gave that city 27 years of his life, he gave the franchise 8 years of his career and the best they could ever do was pair him with Mo Williams. Yeah, he had every right to **** of dodge. it was either that or never win a damn thing. NO ONE wins an NBA title alone and that's what LeBron would have had to do if he stayed in Cleveland because they had a bunch of buffoons in their FO.

them's the facts and you know it Donald.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard