THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We really got the better of Fulham and deserved the win, but Schwartzer was amazing. Eh, a point's a point, but still, three points would have been better. Oh well.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan says the squad were "shocked" and "upset" to learn that Chris Hughton had been sacked and has praised the outgoing manager for his contribution.

Odd

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pardew's first press conference at St James' Park was full of questions about his future at the club, but he maintained that he "wanted to be tough on the length of the contract and try and give myself as much stability with a club that hasn't had much stability with managers."
Chris Hughton was sacked with the Magpies 12th in the table and Pardew, who mispronounced Hughton's name and referred to Newcastle as a town rather than a city, said: "It is difficult because it is fairly obvious the players had respect for Chris Hughton. The fact he has gone has caused somewhat of a stir, people are upset and I can understand that.
''I'm privileged to be sitting here and looking forward to a tough job. But it's difficult because it's fairly obvious the players and fans had tremendous respect for Chris and the fact he's gone has caused something of a stir.''
"The problem I am going to have initially is the players. I have got to make sure I get my message across with clarity, quickly, without them carrying any resentment towards me at this juncture when they are doing particularly well.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=851049&sec=england&cc=5901

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like it. It'd be like Seattle firing Carrol and hiring McDaniels, and saying they did it because they want a coach with experience. ???

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Damn, that's a lot of fish pies.

Hard not to want Newcastle to do well, they're kicking ass this year.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ah, no worries...Carroll is out for us right now...maybe we only win 1-0 :D

Wow, I was almost spot on! What a cracking match. I feel quite disappointed not to get the full 3, but if you had asked me we'd draw 1-1 at Sunderland without one of the best young strikers in the Premiership, I'd have taken it hands down. Sunderland really had nothing going for them, but we inexplicably kept pressing forward. I kept yelling at them to get back behind the ball, but they wouldn't listen lol

Ah well...you're welcome, Sundy pukes :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I was almost spot on! What a cracking match. I feel quite disappointed not to get the full 3, but if you had asked me we'd draw 1-1 at Sunderland without one of the best young strikers in the Premiership, I'd have taken it hands down. Sunderland really had nothing going for them, but we inexplicably kept pressing forward. I kept yelling at them to get back behind the ball, but they wouldn't listen lol

Ah well...you're welcome, Sundy pukes :D
Okay, we get it. Carroll was out. You don't have to keep posting about it.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Ugh, sorry Stout.

sorry! this could set them up for years to come. 30odd million could be 4 or 5 top top playes and turn them into a top 10 team and give them something to build on.

Some fans are going potty here as you dont want to lose your best players but its too much to turn down. Sad thing for you lot was he put in a transfer request.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry! this could set them up for years to come. 30odd million could be 4 or 5 top top playes and turn them into a top 10 team and give them something to build on.

Some fans are going potty here as you dont want to lose your best players but its too much to turn down. Sad thing for you lot was he put in a transfer request.

I am thinking that money gets pocketed by ownership. What top players will go there?

English on tour

Reaction score
I am thinking that money gets pocketed by ownership. What top players will go there?

well lets hope they dont.

The are safe for this year though and if they can put the money back in then it could set them up.

...on a plus side it will be safer for my wife to go out for drink in town without that women beating peasant lurking about :trout:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good player, but is he really worth 35 million pounds? That's 56 million dollars today. My God.

Holy crap. And now Liverpool is getting 45 million pounds from Chelsea for Torres. What a rip off.

Last edited:

English on tour

Reaction score
Good player, but is he really worth 35 million pounds? That's 56 million dollars today. My God.

Holy crap. And now Liverpool is getting 45 million pounds from Chelsea for Torres. What a rip off.

i think its 50 for Torres....but the Carroll one is just crazy! at this rate i must be worth about £100k :lol:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson