The NBA is rigged

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I sort of feel like throwing one, AFAIC we may well be a broken nose and a badly sprained ankle away from even making the finals. A week or two ago we had good reason to believe we might win it all. But now? Unless CP3 bounces back and plays some of his best ball ever we could be in trouble.

Well the Clips only won one game so far. However last game was a disaster I admit that but the Clippers still have to win the next game to make this a series.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The refs didn’t make CP3 and Booker shoot 10-40.

10-40!

The referees have made booker shoot like crap for two games. His shooting is affected by what the defenders get away with.

I don’t know what their motivation is for making all of these ******* calls but that doesn’t change the fact that they are making ******* calls.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it's true that
The referees have made booker shoot like crap for two games. His shooting is affected by what the defenders get away with.

they didn't "make" booker shoot like crap but they played a part in his performance

we know that often this season, and in a few playoff loses like the last, book is triggered by a bad call (usually in the 3rd quarter). He picks up a few quick frustration fouls and has to sit

the worst part is, that at a time when the suns need to be motivated/inspired to rally from behind, they are usually deflated.

the clips know they can get inside booker's head. it starts with manhandling, followed by a bad call

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? That's a stupid foul, not a dirty play. I was shaking my head. It hurt the team.

Take the Clippers out of the equation for a moment. That's a tackle in football.

And then Beverley touches Crowder's head. Any other player in this situation would have ended up in a fight. Crowder showed a lot of restraint.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think the league is rigged and I generally don’t complain about the refs because once you start quibbling there are always counter examples and exceptions. But I think two things DO happen:

1) Series get extended by questionable calls or call imbalances. Sometimes this may not even be intentional: refs are human, they get caught up in momentum and make-up calls.

2) Stars get favorable treatment, and big markets tend to have more stars or longtime stars.

Teams have overcome the above and hopefully these Suns will be one of them. I just want the refs to keep dirty plays and dirty players under control.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The real issue is, even if the Suns overcome the crap the Clippers are being allowed to get away with, there's a very good chance they are going into the finals a bruised and battered team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real issue is, even if the Suns overcome the crap the Clippers are being allowed to get away with, there's a very good chance they are going into the finals a bruised and battered team.

Yeah if Booker is struggling and Payne is out or limited, we've lost a significant part of what makes this team special. It could easily cost us a championship. And it doesn't soften the blow even a little bit to know that injuries have already taken out the Nets, Lakers, Philadelphia, Denver and LAC.

The Clippers, like us, still have a chance to win it all even with a key injury, but the road is much tougher now for whichever of us advances.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kinda thinking it's much of the same tonight for Game 4 regarding the sometimes bad officiating allowing the Clips to play overly aggressive. We're pretty beat up at this point and the question I'm most hopeful to see is if we match their aggressiveness and the refs allow us the same. Anticipating a much more full and loud Staples Center as well. The NBA has got this series exactly where they want it. A probable 7th game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda thinking it's much of the same tonight for Game 4 regarding the sometimes bad officiating allowing the Clips to play overly aggressive. We're pretty beat up at this point and the question I'm most hopeful to see is if we match their aggressiveness and the refs allow us the same. Anticipating a much more full and loud Staples Center as well. The NBA has got this series exactly where they want it. A probable 7th game.

If we lose tonight, I def think it’s going 7.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The refs need to do their jobs and let the better basketball win out. They can't be allowing holding, grabbing, and head butting. They can't be part of the story. That's taking away from the game. JUST CALL THE DAMN GAME CORRECTLY! That's all we ask.
Screw correctly...... I would be overjoyed if it was just called CONSISTENTLY!

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would agree. We have Phoenix, Atlanta, Milwaukee, and the ugly stepchild in Los Angeles remaining. If that's rigged then the NBA has some splaining' to do to their advertisers.

Just because the NBA did not try to rig series does it mean they were successful

by your logic if a burglar breaks into your house starts to walk away with your stuff and you stop him that doesn’t make him any way less a burglar

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
No review on the Payne out of bounds at the end. Then Paul travels but they call a foul instead. Referees were all Phoenix in this game, especially in the 4th. Still think it's rigged? This is the stupidest thread of all time.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Just because the NBA did not try to rig series does it mean they were successful

by your logic if a burglar breaks into your house starts to walk away with your stuff and you stop him that doesn’t make him any way less a burglar

That makes no sense at all. You are better than this.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No review on the Payne out of bounds at the end. Then Paul travels but they call a foul instead. Referees were all Phoenix in this game, especially in the 4th. Still think it's rigged? This is the stupidest thread of all time.

Chris Paul did not travel he was fouled

and 99% of the time they’re going to call that out on the defense

Calling in the second game is probably going to end up being leading to a rule change because it’s absolutely garbage

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Calling in the second game is probably going to end up being leading to a rule change because it’s absolutely garbage

That's just goofy. Why would they change the rule? A basic tenet of basketball is the ball is out of bounds on the last guy who touched it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I disagree on the Paul traveling but I agree on the Payne out of bounds. Also, Bridges fouled Mann on the layup with no call but Cousins got away with 2 fouls on Saric and I thought the rebound foul on Saric was a weak call.

I've never thought it was rigged. The Clippers are playing almost 90's style basketball and the refs are allowing it. But they've let us play our style most of the time too. I just don't like the double standard for Paul George and the occasional dirty plays by Beverley.

And if you look closely you'll see that most of us have contested the idea the series is fixed.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Paul traveled. Didn’t see a foul there after watching the replay a few times.

Didn’t review the Payne out of bounds

No call on clear Bridges foul on Mann layup

On the flip side Book was fouled by Jackson and the Saric loose ball foul was atrocious. Bottom line is it’s not rigged they just suck at officiating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson