The Matrix Resurrections

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

‘The Matrix Resurrections’ Reveals Innovative First Look at Keanu Reeves, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II​

In advance of the launch of the first trailer for “The Matrix Resurrections” on Thursday, Warner Bros. has launched an innovative website featuring an interactive and widely divergent first look at the newest installment in the 22-year-old franchise.

At WhatIsTheMatrix.com, users are greeted with the simple choice first presented in 1999’s “The Matrix”: Click on the blue pill, and stick to the reality you’ve known your whole life; click on the red pill, and signal that you’re ready to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

In the context of the teaser, each choice presents users with two different angles on what appears to be the central story in “Resurrections” (as first teased to exhibitors during CinemaCon in August). Keanu Reeves’ Neo is back inside the Matrix, taking blue pills and seeing a therapist played by Neil Patrick Harris, until a man portrayed by Yahya Abdul-Mateen II steps into Neo’s life and gets him to see that his reality is just a mirage.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it's good. I wonder if some of the characters are younger versions from the other movies. For instance the Oracle and Morpheus?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, because the last Matrix movie was probably worse than the last Police Academy movie ;)
You can't declare something dead until fans stop going. We have not seen that yet.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Transformer franchise is alive and kicking for you? Sorry, but for me, the Matrix franchise is long, long done. I declare it dead. The fans can do as they like :)
That's not how it works. I might not like it....yes the Transformer franchise sucks....but I can't call it dead. As long as people keep flocking to something that is the opposite of dead regardless of how I feel about it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll see it. I wish I could convince my boys to watch the originals (or even just the first one) with me prior.

I'm planning on doing this in the lead-up to the release. The Blu-ray audio on those is ridiculous and so fun. Gives my system a real workout.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this in the lead-up to the release. The Blu-ray audio on those is ridiculous and so fun. Gives my system a real workout.
Have you gotten the UHD yet? The Atmos mix on them is amazing and even better then the surround mix that was on the Blu-ray. Major bass in it and great use of the surrounds and heights.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten the UHD yet? The Atmos mix on them is amazing and even better then the surround mix that was on the Blu-ray. Major bass in it and great use of the surrounds and heights.

I have not. Was the soundtrack remastered to take advantage of the new format?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I have not. Was the soundtrack remastered to take advantage of the new format?
Yes, the UHD had a completely new Atmos mix to it and they did a great job on it. For the longest time the first Matrix and the Harry Potter UHDs were my reference/demo sound tracks for showing off the height speakers.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the UHD had a completely new Atmos mix to it and they did a great job on it. For the longest time the first Matrix and the Harry Potter UHDs were my reference/demo sound tracks for showing off the height speakers.

I'll bet that is impressive!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose