The Matrix Resurrections

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll see it. I wish I could convince my boys to watch the originals (or even just the first one) with me prior.

I'm planning on doing this in the lead-up to the release. The Blu-ray audio on those is ridiculous and so fun. Gives my system a real workout.

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this in the lead-up to the release. The Blu-ray audio on those is ridiculous and so fun. Gives my system a real workout.
Have you gotten the UHD yet? The Atmos mix on them is amazing and even better then the surround mix that was on the Blu-ray. Major bass in it and great use of the surrounds and heights.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten the UHD yet? The Atmos mix on them is amazing and even better then the surround mix that was on the Blu-ray. Major bass in it and great use of the surrounds and heights.

I have not. Was the soundtrack remastered to take advantage of the new format?

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have not. Was the soundtrack remastered to take advantage of the new format?
Yes, the UHD had a completely new Atmos mix to it and they did a great job on it. For the longest time the first Matrix and the Harry Potter UHDs were my reference/demo sound tracks for showing off the height speakers.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the UHD had a completely new Atmos mix to it and they did a great job on it. For the longest time the first Matrix and the Harry Potter UHDs were my reference/demo sound tracks for showing off the height speakers.

I'll bet that is impressive!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The original was the impetus for me to move from vhs to dvd and to purchase upgraded stereo equipment and surround sound. At that time it was worth every penny just watching The Matrix.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That was complete s.h.i.t.e. I long for the days of Reloaded and Revolutions. So glad I didn’t pay to watch.

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow. That was complete s.h.i.t.e. I long for the days of Reloaded and Revolutions. So glad I didn’t pay to watch.
This is what I'm hearing from everyone. :( I'm planning on watching it in about 2 hours after the dog park and I'm really hoping it's not as bad as I'm hearing.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Disappointing and super unnecessary. The beginning was convoluted, the middle was okay, but the last 5-10 minutes was eye rolling bad.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was a convoluted mess, to be sure. I don't necessarily agree that the last 5-10 minutes was eye rolling bad. The movie was easily at it's best when Carrie Ann Moss is on screen.

I love Keanu, but he really sleepwalked through most of the movie.

The effects were very good, but my favorite part of the movie was seeing at least 5 of the actors from Sense8.