The Magic of Whisenhunt

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubt me if you will, but DA is still, Whiz's choice for QB.

which is why he played a whopping 2 plays, ONLY after the starting QB got destroyed and had to be helped off the field. This argument is ludicrous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catfish, can you answer me one simple question?

If DA really IS Wiz's QB, why did he bench him? Do you know any other HC that bench their guy in less than FOUR games into the season, ESPECIALLY when "their" guy is 2-2?

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Catfish, can you answer me one simple question?

If DA really IS Wiz's QB, why did he bench him? Do you know any other HC that bench their guy in less than FOUR games into the season, ESPECIALLY when "their" guy is 2-2?

He himself said on Doug and Wolf the other morning that he felt that DA would be better suited to come into a game cold, because he had trouble dealing with the pressure. Go back and read the thread that talked about that.

Look, my argument is already backed up with actions by Whiz. If you want to walk around with your head in the clouds, that's ok with me. Just remember this when Whiz benches Max in the middle of a game so that he can bring DA in to run a two minute drill, or to just take over for him. He platooned Warner to releive Leinart when he named Leinart the starter, and he will do the same with Max the first time he gets another opportunity like he did in Sunday's game. Call me crazy if you want, that's not anything I am fearful of. Just remember all this when Whiz benches Max to bring DA into a game to platoon with Max.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He himself said on Doug and Wolf the other morning that he felt that DA would be better suited to come into a game cold, because he had trouble dealing with the pressure. Go back and read the thread that talked about that.

Look, my argument is already backed up with actions by Whiz. If you want to walk around with your head in the clouds, that's ok with me. Just remember this when Whiz benches Max in the middle of a game so that he can bring DA in to run a two minute drill, or to just take over for him. He platooned Warner to releive Leinart when he named Leinart the starter, and he will do the same with Max the first time he gets another opportunity like he did in Sunday's game. Call me crazy if you want, that's not anything I am fearful of. Just remember all this when Whiz benches Max to bring DA into a game to platoon with Max.

Whiz didn't bench Max, he benched DA. Max sat out a couple of plays because he thought he was superman and found out there are bigger supermen hanging around the goaline.(he got smashed) Whiz then benched DA again in the second half. No body on their right mind can picture a way for DA to be successful, talk about having your head in the clouds. Coaches have to say their second string QB will do good if they have to come in, which DA didn't do.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Catfish, I really enjoy your posts, but I think you are wrong in this instance. Regardless, this circular argument can go nowhere until we play a few more games and see what happens. I hope Hall turns out to be our QBOTF and this all becomes a moot point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

duh. Coaches HAVE to say their second string QB will do good if they have to come in. What else was he going to say? DA sucks and will never see the field again? Sorry, but that's just not how coaches operate.

you're crazy if you think Wiz believes DA is anything like Warner.

bottom line, if he was WIZ'S guy he wouldn't have been benched in the first place and continue to ride the bench.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think anyone who's followed the whole situation and scratched their heads at some of the moves made can now see that it was Max all along who Whis planned on starting.

Several writers I think have said as much, I didn't believe it but now I do.

I think it's a calculated gamble that Max can make it in the NFL, if he can he has all the intangibles and more, we'll see.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
which is why he played a whopping 2 plays, ONLY after the starting QB got destroyed and had to be helped off the field. This argument is ludicrous.

Don't know if I have ever said this...I agree with you Cheese. Under the breath reports throughout training camp were that Hall was the best qb in camp. I believe Hall has been Whiz' guy all along. He knew that keeping both Matt and Derek would make it difficult to get Hall any playing time and neither of those guys could stomach going to third string. So he cut Matt and waited for the inevitable necessity of putting Max in.

I am not sure how it all bodes for the long term health of the franchise, but I am content with the fact that the best qb on the team is getting the start. And it sure does make for an interesting season. . .quite entertaining actually. By the end of the year, it is going to be a big NFL story.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard