The Larry Fitzgerald Thread (post football)

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't even know what pickle ball is. :rolleyes:
It involves a fairly sizeable amount of drinking alcoholic beverages (getting pickled :beer:) before participating in playing ping pong with a large softball size wiffle ball on a downsize tennis court. There is also a sink area which you can't go in and it doesn't have a drain nor does it have any water however you give your opponent points for being in it. I hope that clears things up for you. As a disclaimer this post may or may not have:sarcasm: in it.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All, but the "sink" (?) area. Oh, well, doesn't matter. I won't ever be playing it anyway, not at my age and physical condition. :D

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d be more than happy to have Fitz in my grill regarding my pickleball skills (or lack thereof) if it meant I could hang with him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I dunno the other guy seemed so surprised at that reaction. Imo it kinda made Fitz look like a jerk.
Have always loves and respected Fitz...and likely always will. But I'm not sure he's been as intentional about managing his post-playing days, as I would've expected. That Pickle-Ball video was shot in Orlando this week, where he's participating in the Pro-Am event of a LPGA Tournament. Nothing wrong with that as there are tons of ex-athletes, including Annika Sorenstam, playing in the Pro-Am...but, taken in the broader context of all he's done/doing since he stepped away from the playing field, he just seems scattered... sorta meandering...

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just saw on this mornings' news where there is a big(?) pickle ball tournament being held in Mesa. Who knew? :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I saw it as all in good fun.
If we saw more of it we could put it in better context. But if doesn’t know that guy using the word “coward” with a straight face is 100% demeaning. That’s not a “haha” all in good fun word generally.

Reactions: PJ1

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If we saw more of it we could put it in better context. But if doesn’t know that guy using the word “coward” with a straight face is 100% demeaning. That’s not a “haha” all in good fun word generally.
He's definitely kidding. Look at his opponents face, he's smiling sheepishly. I bet they talk smack back and forth.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have always loves and respected Fitz...and likely always will. But I'm not sure he's been as intentional about managing his post-playing days, as I would've expected. That Pickle-Ball video was shot in Orlando this week, where he's participating in the Pro-Am event of a LPGA Tournament. Nothing wrong with that as there are tons of ex-athletes, including Annika Sorenstam, playing in the Pro-Am...but, taken in the broader context of all he's done/doing since he stepped away from the playing field, he just seems scattered... sorta meandering...

I wish I was meandering like Larry. Nomad Hill is a business he created for people like himself that want exotic travel opportunities. These are other businesses he is involved in. He sits on the board of Dick's Sporting Goods.

He also, just recently, became the owner Phoenix's professional pickleball franchise. (Yes, that is a thing.)

Reaction score
Fitz does not look like he’s kidding.
The thing is we don't know any history prior to this short video. The guy could have been talking smack to Larry the entire game or it could have been good natured fun & the two are good friends. It's just hard to judge one way or another. They do seem very friendly with each other & have played against each other before hence the ''you've never beaten me'' comment. Much ado about nothing unless the guy comes out & says yeah Larry is a real *****.

Cole

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As much as I enjoyed the chants Larry exiting the stadium I'm done with him. He is still my second favorite Cardinals player of all time but announce your retirement are just simply go away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose