• Cavs

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • None they start 0-9

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whembanana will be the next Olowokandi BET!
I've not seen a lot of him, but I am reminded of the Chet Holmgren hype... a 7 footer with point guard skills but built like a straw. You watch the guy and think "this guy will get obliterated in the NBA"... in college Chet got muscled hard by any talented big and then broke his foot, non contact, merely trying to stay infront of an ancient LeBron.

This frenchy might be built of another cloth, maybe he will play more on the outside, but these rail thin dudes who attempt to play the interior seemingly always are massive busts.

Chet hasn't seen an NBA court yet, he won't see one for a year... I feel confident in declaring him a historic bust. I just don't see how you can pack pounds onto such a slight frame, and his entire game is built around being a "big" who has the handles of a "small".

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I've not seen a lot of him, but I am reminded of the Chet Holmgren hype... a 7 footer with point guard skills but built like a straw. You watch the guy and think "this guy will get obliterated in the NBA"... in college Chet got muscled hard by any talented big and then broke his foot, non contact, merely trying to stay infront of an ancient LeBron.

This frenchy might be built of another cloth, maybe he will play more on the outside, but these rail thin dudes who attempt to play the interior seemingly always are massive busts.

Chet hasn't seen an NBA court yet, he won't see one for a year... I feel confident in declaring him a historic bust. I just don't see how you can pack pounds onto such a slight frame, and his entire game is built around being a "big" who has the handles of a "small".
could be another Kristaps Porziņģis or Giannis Antetokounmpo with a jump shot.... its a crap shoot.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

I'm surprised he's such a polarizing figure. It seems like we get one of these every handful of years: Ralph Sampson long ago, Nowitzki, Tskitishvili, Milicic, Porzingis. Some pan out and some don't. So far he shoots only 31% from three-point range and hasn't shown that he can handle more than 20 minutes per game. I don't see him as transformative, but he might become a good player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised he's such a polarizing figure. It seems like we get one of these every handful of years: Ralph Sampson long ago, Nowitzki, Tskitishvili, Milicic, Porzingis. Some pan out and some don't. So far he shoots only 31% from three-point range and hasn't shown that he can handle more than 20 minutes per game. I don't see him as transformative, but he might become a good player.

Everybody is looking for another Kareem.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Wembayama is waaaaay more fluid than. Chet