Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to guess the Cavs with Lebron putting on a cape against his old team

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pelicans Is a possibility as well although they’ll be very motivated to beat the Lakers to increase the pelicans draft chances.

The pelicans will be coming off of a stretch were there be at Phoenix at clippers then at the Lakers so they could be pretty tired

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To increase the Pelicans' draft chances? How does winning a game increase draft chances?

I quit hating the Lakers some years ago (used to be quite irrational about it), but one doesn't need to hate the Lakers to not feel sorry they're bad.
The Pelicans have the right to swap 1st round picks with the Lakers. More losses for Lakers, the better the Laker pick will be to swap :)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Opportunity? The Lakers need to blow it up. Westbrook is in his last year. That frees up $47 million. They should trade Davis for any combo of expirings and young players they can get.

Btw. We could get Davis for Shamet, Crowder, Saric, and Craig. That is salary wise. The Lakers would be better because all those guys can shoot threes.

It's intriguing, but there is no way to believe that AD would survive the season.

I am just thinking through scenarios

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA needs to create a new rule prohibiting draft swaps. It's just a way to circumvent trading consecutive first round picks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Opportunity? The Lakers need to blow it up. Westbrook is in his last year. That frees up $47 million. They should trade Davis for any combo of expirings and young players they can get.

Btw. We could get Davis for Shamet, Crowder, Saric, and Craig. That is salary wise. The Lakers would be better because all those guys can shoot threes.

It's intriguing, but there is no way to believe that AD would survive the season.

You know what I still wouldn't do that deal.

I don't believe Anthony Davis will ever be available throughout a playoff run.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To increase the Pelicans' draft chances? How does winning a game increase draft chances?

I quit hating the Lakers some years ago (used to be quite irrational about it), but one doesn't need to hate the Lakers to not feel sorry they're bad.

The Pelicans own the Lakers pick next year

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Davis isn't an impact player anymore, even when he's on the floor. I watched a fair amount of last night's game, and was shocked at how mediocre he looked.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know what I still wouldn't do that deal.

I don't believe Anthony Davis will ever be available throughout a playoff run.
I believe you are right. The Lakers would not do the deal either, because they would think he is more than that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Davis isn't an impact player anymore, even when he's on the floor. I watched a fair amount of last night's game, and was shocked at how mediocre he looked.
I haven't watched him this year. His PER is good but I saw a clip from Steven A Smith this morning that said exactly what you said here. He is no longer an impact player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only real way out of this for the Lakers is to trade Lebron while he has value.

I'm not worried about the Lakers other than how they impact the draft.

If Lebron wants out, no one is going to hold him hostage. I'm shocked he hasn't already asked for a trade.

The right move would be for the Lakers to trade Lebron, Anthony Davis and reboot. Westbrook is an expiring contract.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Lebron wants out, no one is going to hold him hostage. I'm shocked he hasn't already asked for a trade.

The right move would be for the Lakers to trade Lebron, Anthony Davis and reboot. Westbrook is an expiring contract.

If the Lakers have cap space they will always get stars who want to live in LA.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Looks like LeBron can't be traded at the moment. Is he one of those December guys?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Lakers have cap space they will always get stars who want to live in LA.

This is true. The Lakers are a free agent destination. That's why my primary concern is how they impact the draft.

If they want more assets and free money sooner, they can trade Lebron James and Anthony Davis.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way Davis is skating on this is hilarious. To me he’s the biggest problem with LA. We know Lebron and Westbrook are on the downside

AD is supposed to be in his prime. Top 5 player in the NBA type talent and the dude has been horrible outside of the bubble.

They have to blow it up

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem with the Pelicans is they will have WAY too many cooks in the kitchen.
And the Head Chef is a greedy ball hog that trys to suck all the air out of the room.
You can drop 1000hp in a Corolla but unless you can put all that power down its useless.