• Cavs

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • None they start 0-9

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's funny, because the writing was on the wall LAST YEAR that they should scrap this team and move on. Trade every tradeable asset and build a new. Where the Lakers went wrong is the Anthony Davis trade. They should have held those assets and signed Davis as a free agent. And with the way Davis has played for the past few years, even signing him is arguable.

They got a ring in an asterisk year, but this Lakers team is going to suck for awhile.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's funny, because the writing was on the wall LAST YEAR that they should scrap this team and move on. Trade every tradeable asset and build a new. Where the Lakers went wrong is the Anthony Davis trade. They should have held those assets and signed Davis as a free agent. And with the way Davis has played for the past few years, even signing him is arguable.

They got a ring in an asterisk year, but this Lakers team is going to suck for awhile.
I'm a Suns fan and I approve this message.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Davis isn't an impact player anymore, even when he's on the floor. I watched a fair amount of last night's game, and was shocked at how mediocre he looked.
He could be as a part of an ensemble. If we could land him without sending book, bridges, Ayton, Paul he could be the Rasheed Wallace for us. Maybe being down the food chain with more talent around him could lessen the stress on his body and he could be healthier.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could be as a part of an ensemble. If we could land him without sending book, bridges, Ayton, Paul he could be the Rasheed Wallace for us. Maybe being down the food chain with more talent around him could lessen the stress on his body and he could be healthier.

It's hard to believe Anthony Davis is only 29.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would not even start on the pelicans.
Even if not, he’d be an insanely good 6th man off the bench in his rookie year and probably supplant Hillbilly Jim at C the second year. Or replace Zion when he inevitably breaks down.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love that the Lakers don't own their pick. And Wembanyama would be an immediate starter.
Immediate starter? Hell I think he is going to be an immediate 1st team all NBA player.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Immediate starter? Hell I think he is going to be an immediate 1st team all NBA player.
Amazing thing is that he plays SF.

Interesting Stat: Boris Diaw is the president of the Metropilitans 92 team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why you trade for what a player is and what he will be, not what he was.

What are you talking about? When they traded for AD he was probably a top 5 player and in his mid 20s

Since the bubble he’s fallen off a cliff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that the Lakers don't own their pick. And Wembanyama would be an immediate starter.
Agreed. He’s going to be good the second he steps on the floor. Sure he’ll have rookie growing pains, but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a guy that big have such a silky smooth game at 18.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. He’s going to be good the second he steps on the floor. Sure he’ll have rookie growing pains, but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a guy that big have such a silky smooth game at 18.
His body control is insane and he is so fluid moving to the basket, let alone having a great range.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His body control is insane and he is so fluid moving to the basket, let alone having a great range.
And even though he’s big and doesn’t need to, he throws DOWN dunks at the rim. So he’s not a shrinking violet like someone we all watch on the Suns who frustrates a lot of us to no end.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And even though he’s big and doesn’t need to, he throws DOWN dunks at the rim. So he’s not a shrinking violet like someone we all watch on the Suns who frustrates a lot of us to no end.
When I first heard of him i thought i was going to see a poor man's Chet Holmgren, but I was shocked.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
To increase the Pelicans' draft chances? How does winning a game increase draft chances?

I quit hating the Lakers some years ago (used to be quite irrational about it), but one doesn't need to hate the Lakers to not feel sorry they're bad.
They have a pick swap option, Lakers tank NO can swap

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If anyone wants to make money, do what I’m doing bet against the lakers every game.