The Hangover

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie was freaking hilarious. I thought the 40-Year-Old Virgin was overrated and an average movie for me. So, I was not sure what to expect here. This movie is easily one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this movie and will be purchasing it when DVD comes out... Those photos in the credits were too much...

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder what they're going to show in the "unrated" version.

It's possible we could see more of Zach Galifianakis, but I might have to blind myself in that scenario.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Whatever. I love people who see a very popular movie just so they can say it's overrated.

How about an explanation as to why?

The hype on here made this movie out to be the funniest movie EVER and honestly I don't see it. Outside of Galifinakis I don't think there was one memorable performance really. The concept of "Oh wow we are so wasted we don't know what happened yesterday" just really isn't that hilarious to me and is pretty played out. I didn't piss myself over Dude Where's My Car either. As far as recent comedies I think Step Bros. was far and away better. I even thought Role models was better. Superbad...much better. Knocked Up is even better, and Old School is in a different league. Want Vegas??? Swingers destroys this movie. Juno, Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre.......MUCH, MUCH, BETTER. Think back to when you saw American Pie in theatres and ask yourself if this movie is close. It isn't for me. It has moments, but every comedy does. There are comedies where you just wipe away the tears from laughing so hard and there are some where you chuckle and this was just a chuckle. Predictable as holy hell. Real shocked that the asian didn't really have their friend. Go back and read the thread. You guys annointed this the funniest comedy of the year. That is why I call it overrated.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hype on here made this movie out to be the funniest movie EVER and honestly I don't see it. Outside of Galifinakis I don't think there was one memorable performance really. The concept of "Oh wow we are so wasted we don't know what happened yesterday" just really isn't that hilarious to me and is pretty played out. I didn't piss myself over Dude Where's My Car either. As far as recent comedies I think Step Bros. was far and away better. I even thought Role models was better. Superbad...much better. Knocked Up is even better, and Old School is in a different league. Want Vegas??? Swingers destroys this movie. Juno, Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre.......MUCH, MUCH, BETTER. Think back to when you saw American Pie in theatres and ask yourself if this movie is close. It isn't for me. It has moments, but every comedy does. There are comedies where you just wipe away the tears from laughing so hard and there are some where you chuckle and this was just a chuckle. Predictable as holy hell. Real shocked that the asian didn't really have their friend. Go back and read the thread. You guys annointed this the funniest comedy of the year. That is why I call it overrated.

:lmao:

Nacho Libre???

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Nacho Libre???

The Hangover???

I actually think that creativity adds to a movie, something that Nacho Libre and the other movies I mentioned have and the Hangover lacks. A movie about not remembering the night before, while throwing in *****, boobs, and drugs, is about as original as a love story where one person is on their way to the airport and gets stopped at the last second at the gate. It has some laughs but is far from memorable, definitley undeserving of the rediculous praise.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The hype on here made this movie out to be the funniest movie EVER and honestly I don't see it. Outside of Galifinakis I don't think there was one memorable performance really. The concept of "Oh wow we are so wasted we don't know what happened yesterday" just really isn't that hilarious to me and is pretty played out. You guys annointed this the funniest comedy of the year. That is why I call it overrated.

Well put. Galifinakis had his moments, but other than that, it was one Vegas cliche after another. Even worse, it lost steam as it went along, and the final marriage scene was just painfully unfunny. How appropriate to end it with the almost a carbon copy of old School with the crude wedding singer. It was funny the first time, the second, eh, not so much.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You lost me at Nacho Libre ...

But Swingers does blow this movie away.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
7/10

I thought it was good. But not quite as good as everyone else thinks.

Wedding Crashers is still, by far, my favorite comedy.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
^ Agree Wedding Crashers is great the back and fourth between Vaughn and Wilson is priceless wish these guys would do more together!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this movie, Wedding Crashers, 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, etc. etc. are your favorite comedies, I am officially doubting your ability to gauge comedy. These things are somewhat memorable but not timeless.

All of these movies put together to add up to one Blazing Saddles!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If this movie, Wedding Crashers, 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, etc. etc. are your favorite comedies, I am officially doubting your ability to gauge comedy. These things are somewhat memorable but not timeless.

Here here, Gad! 40 Year Old Virgin was pretty funny, Hangover and Old School hilarious, but they don't compare to the greats. Funny, but not that funny.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is not a fare statement. Most here know that Mallrats and Chasing Amy are my favorites, but I also know they are the best of all time. Movies can be favorites for other reasons.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not see the big deal about Wedding Crashers. I fast-forwarded a lot of it. :)

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was ok. My wife thought it was the funniest thing ever. Some lady sat directly behind me and must have laughed from the previews until the credits. I thought the jokes were forced and stiff. I kept asking myself what was wrong with me as I could not even fake laugh at some of the stuff. People were falling all over themselves and I just didn't see it. Really didn't see the need for Heather Graham or Mike Epps to even be in the movie. They added nothing. I can't believe they would sign on for bit roles.