The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) and rebellious computer hacker Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) team up to investigate the unsolved disappearance of wealthy Henrik Vanger's (Sven-Bertil Taube) teen niece (Ewa Fröling), only to uncover dark secrets about Vanger's powerful family. Niels Arden Oplev directs this Swedish thriller based on the first novel from Stieg Larsson's best-selling trilogy.

Great movie! Superb casting and excellent acting all the way around. Be aware of some very graphic scenes of violence and rape that would probably get an NC-17 rating in the US. Great storythat will keep you guessing (unless you read the book, of course).

If this interests you, see this Swedish version and not the Hollywood re-make that will soon be coming down the pike. It's a Swedish story by a Swedish author set in Sweden. The Swedish perspective is important in the telling of the story that makes it more than just a run-of-the-mill thriller.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading the book. Too much violence against women.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
rented and watched this last night. Excellent flick even with the English subtitles. My wife and I really enjoyed it.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Excellent movie. Long, but that's because the movie takes its time to set everything up and then to wrap things up. Overall, the pace is good and acting is excellent. I have a feeling this will be one of those movies where the original is much better than the Hollywood remake. I'm going to watch the two sequels next.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this on Netflix streaming last night. Really an outstanding film. Definitely rougher around the edges than Hollywood.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I watched both movies, I don't remember the name of the other one, I thought both movies (while being very graphic) were pretty good.

OP
OP
Renz

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I watched both movies, I don't remember the name of the other one, I thought both movies (while being very graphic) were pretty good.

The Girl Who Played With Fire is the second one. I liked it too, although not as much as the first.

The third film, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, comes out on video in January.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I recently watched it. It lost me a bit at times, but a fantastic film.

If this interests you, see this Swedish version and not the Hollywood re-make that will soon be coming down the pike. It's a Swedish story by a Swedish author set in Sweden. The Swedish perspective is important in the telling of the story that makes it more than just a run-of-the-mill thriller.

If you're interested in the Hollywood re-make, it comes out around christmas. With a $100M budget. It's directed by David Fincher, so I wouldn't dismiss it so easily.