The Final Offensive Play

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The end of the day. Great experience was gained from this even if it came at the expense of a week 8 win.
Yes. Sometimes a loss can reignite the fire and dissolve the cockiness, if any.

I pity the fool, (I mean the team) that has to play us in ten days. In a way this hopefully is the mirror image of the Bills game last year....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just watched it back again and I have another theory.

The CB is playing Green almost like it's a run play. He has both hands on him and he's pushing like he's trying to get to a runner. I wonder if Green thought that Murray was scrambling based on how the CB was playing him and so started trying to block him. Only thing I can think of.

You must be registered for see images attach
The mental gymnastics going on to find an excuse for AJ here is amazing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Sometimes a loss can reignite the fire and dissolve the cockiness, if any.

I pity the fool, (I mean the team) that has to play us in ten days. In a way this hopefully is the mirror image of the Bills game last year....

SF is a very similar matchup IMO. Obviously Jimmy G is not Aaron Rodgers but they're shorthanded at WR and TE so they want to run. They will try to get the ball out quickly. They're going to defend us very similarly to how GB did because GB did what SF did a few weeks ago.

Will be interesting to see what changes we make to improve the run defense. Will we be able to take Deebo away, everyone knows that's their guy now but it's hard to stop him. Will we get our offense going against them we really didn't the first time around.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Fact is the game wasn't lost on the last play of the game. We couldn't win it, but wasn't lost on the last play.
Offense started slow, too many pressures and sacks, interceptions, bone headed plays, defense couldn't stop the run, etc.

Two other things: Remember we spotted them 10 points with our mistakes in 1st half (fg) and KM's bad throw on 1st drive of 2nd half (td). And we still could have won. Hard to lose the turnover battle by so much and still almost win the game.

Not yet mentioned I believe: Green was the obvious play. an experienced one time all-pro vs a cb fresh off the street. Any good QB would have seen that and gone to Green. We had them right where we wanted them and our gun backfired.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW Jim Trotter is saying that the actual play call was a pass to the left side. Kyler realized Green had single coverage and checked to AJ instead but Green didn't hear it. Sounds like AJ was the only one who didn't hear it but then he's the only one out wide right so maybe fan noise?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW Jim Trotter is saying that the actual play call was a pass to the left side. Kyler realized Green had single coverage and checked to AJ instead but Green didn't hear it. Sounds like AJ was the only one who didn't hear it but then he's the only one out wide right so maybe fan noise?
Yeah I heard the same thing.

Play was supposed to be a quick throw to the left. Kyler checked to AJ but clearly AJ didn't get the message.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SF is a very similar matchup IMO. Obviously Jimmy G is not Aaron Rodgers but they're shorthanded at WR and TE so they want to run. They will try to get the ball out quickly. They're going to defend us very similarly to how GB did because GB did what SF did a few weeks ago.

Will be interesting to see what changes we make to improve the run defense. Will we be able to take Deebo away, everyone knows that's their guy now but it's hard to stop him. Will we get our offense going against them we really didn't the first time around.

Chance Kittle is back. He's pencilled to practice next week I heard.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
one more thing that makes it even worse if possible: Weren't we coming out of a timeout before the play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one more thing that makes it even worse if possible: Weren't we coming out of a timeout before the play.
Doesn't matter when it's an audible. That happens on the field, not during the timeout.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if we lost a huge game against an NFC rival in a big TNF game because of too many away fans in the ground.

On saying that I don't recall seeing Kyler audible on that play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chance Kittle is back. He's pencilled to practice next week I heard.

Shanahan said he expects him back for our game depending on how practice goes. Won't play this week but should start practicing next week.

Obviously if he's close to healthy makes a big impact gives them another passing weapon.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if we lost a huge game against an NFC rival in a big TNF game because of too many away fans in the ground.

On saying that I don't recall seeing Kyler audible on that play.

Me either and I thought KK said it was a called play after the game.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see anyone excusing him. People are trying to figure out, "What could he possibly have been thinking".

It seems as though he either mis-heard the play call, or it was a play with an option and he thought Kyler was running behind him.

Green made a mistake that cost the Cardinals the game, cost them being undefeated, and cost Murray an MVP-defining drive. It wasn't the only mistake made in the game, and it's not as though Green has a history of making stupid mistakes or coming up small in the clutch.

It sucks that it happened - it was a complete punch in the junk to me and the team. But i actually felt a lot better after watching the post-game press conferences. It seems as though the players are taking it well, in the sense of not letting it linger or ruining their closeness, determination, or confidence.

There's no point in continuing to bag on Green. We all saw what happened and it sucked. We're all trying to figure out how it could have happened. Maybe he'll speak on it at some point but it probably won't make any of us feel any better.

He's a huge part of why the Cardinals got to 7-0, and why they're now 7-1. I'm glad he's on the teem.

...dbs

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see anyone excusing him. People are trying to figure out, "What could he possibly have been thinking".

It seems as though he either mis-heard the play call, or it was a play with an option and he thought Kyler was running behind him.

Green made a mistake that cost the Cardinals the game, cost them being undefeated, and cost Murray an MVP-defining drive. It wasn't the only mistake made in the game, and it's not as though Green has a history of making stupid mistakes or coming up small in the clutch.

It sucks that it happened - it was a complete punch in the junk to me and the team. But i actually felt a lot better after watching the post-game press conferences. It seems as though the players are taking it well, in the sense of not letting it linger or ruining their closeness, determination, or confidence.

There's no point in continuing to bag on Green. We all saw what happened and it sucked. We're all trying to figure out how it could have happened. Maybe he'll speak on it at some point but it probably won't make any of us feel any better.

He's a huge part of why the Cardinals got to 7-0, and why they're now 7-1. I'm glad he's on the teem.

...dbs
Gotta say it did look like he expected the pass to go to Kirk and thats why he was blocking to ensure his guy doesnt help the tackle. Still with the down and distance AJ shoud keep his eyes back to the ball in case Murray scrambles. Which I thought he was going to do once the 0 blitz happened/although maybe not because of the ankle.
Despicable
Almost makes you think outside of Lambeau you'd rather this team play on the road. They seem to get 0 juice from the home crowd.

Its why consistent winning has to happen in order to change that/keep attracting new players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think you and a few others are making a bigger deal about this as than warranted.

It was a mistake. It really hasn't been fully addressed by the team so its all speculation right now other than General miscommunication. Green has still had a nice season overall. I thought Rondale was a way bigger problem.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort