The Final Offensive Play

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The quarterback ALWAYS throws the ball before the receiver makes his break on that route. That's what makes it unguardable. AJ Green should have turned toward the ball mid flight, located, and caught it. Instead he blocked his man like a doofus. Trying to put that on Kyler Murray is just utter nonsense. If Kyler waits for AJ Green to turn around its too late to throw the pass.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
It was clear as day, and this from me 6 drinks deep.

AJ definitely thought it was a run, which if so, he missed Kyler check at the line seeing Green 1v1, which even I saw.

If it wasnt a run, Green clearly missed a simple look he'd give to DHOP.

"MY EYES ARE GIGANTIC BECAUSE YOU'RE 1V1 ON THE OUTSIDE ON 2ND DOWN."

Pass or run, AJ messed up.

FML

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It was clear as day, and this from me 6 drinks deep.

AJ definitely thought it was a run, which if so, he missed Kyler check at the line seening Green 1v1, which even I saw.

I'd it was a run, Green clearly missed the signal, which would have been a simple look he'd give to DHOP.

"MY EYES ARE GIGANTIC BECAUSE YOU'RE 1V1 ON THE OUTSIDE ON 2ND DOWN."

Pass or run, AJ mesded up.

FML

Based on every other WR running a route and Kirk’s reaction AJ was clearly in the clouds. They had the matchup and the throw was a clear back shoulder. A borderline HOF WR can’t miss the signal.

If it’s a designed run and we lose on a running clock that would actually infuriate me more than what actually happened.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
its a sixty minute game.
If our defense stops the run and forces arod to throw into our pretty good secondary to his third and fifth WR.....we have a different game. But we allowed green bay to decide how the game was going to be played tonight...and in their version, we lose.
kyler was really missing hudson and it showed...we put up 21 points in the first half and that running game disappears.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
its a sixty minute game.
If our defense stops the run and forces arod to throw into our pretty good secondary to his third and fifth WR.....we have a different game. But we allowed green bay to decide how the game was going to be played tonight...and in their version, we lose.
kyler was really missing hudson and it showed...we put up 21 points in the first half and that running game disappears.
100% agree -- they dictated the course of the game. Control the ball w/ long sustained drives, take 0 risks through the air. From a game planning perspective, they outclassed us and we had no answer defensively.

This was a flashback to losses last season, with all the motion, sweeps, screens, etc.... We still don't know how to stop it, down personnel.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff just came out and all but blamed Green without saying his name.

Really? That's a bit harsh

He doesn't need a pile on from inside the organisation. There'll be enough from outside.

And the buck stops at the top. If they're doing things wrong in the heat of the battle the guy in charge needs to share some of that responsibility.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have to be blunt here I can't believe after you stroked Aaron Rodgers during the game thread and Kyler Murray leads us on a 99 yard game winning drive and his receiver doesn't turn around for the game-winning touchdown you have the audacity to blame it on him
Thank you Chris Sanders , We lolly gaged around until we were 10 pts down ( Coaching Period ) then we came up short at the end . I always look at the HC/ Play caller as to how they called the game . As for as I am concerned KK and VJ failed us . That play at the end of the game should not have mattered , we should have been ahead by 10 . In 2016 , opening night , against the Pats we lost even though they did not have a Brady or Gronk , some would say we flubbed a field goal , thats why we lost . I say their players were better prepared ( COACHED ) than ours . Just like tonight they came off the snap of the ball with a higher intensity level than our players . Bottom line , AJ Green should never have been put in that position or K2 for that matter . Those words at the bottom of my post , were put there opening night 2016 , I blamed BA then , I blame KK now !

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I'm not absolving Green I can't get on board with "Why would he think run with no timeouts?".

One, this is Kliff. Calling run there is not beyond him with 15 seconds left. If you watch it back Kyler had Hump and Edmonds blocking on the right side and a pretty clean edge. Possible Green thought his job was to block the CB and Kyler runs it in or at worse runs it OOB and only takes 5 seconds off the clock.

So I don't think "It was certain pass" necessarily holds water. Still it was bad from Green.

We're still 7-1. Onwards and upwards! We should have Hudson, Peters and Lawrence back and hopefully with a long week Hopkins will be full go.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
While I'm not absolving Green I can't get on board with "Why would he think run with no timeouts?".

One, this is Kliff. Calling run there is not beyond him with 15 seconds left. If you watch it back Kyler had Hump and Edmonds blocking on the right side and a pretty clean edge. Possible Green thought his job was to block the CB and Kyler runs it in or at worse runs it OOB and only takes 5 seconds off the clock.

So I don;t think "It was certain pass necessarily holds water". Still it was bad from Green.

We're still 7-1. Onwards and upwards! We should have Hudson, Peters and Lawrence back and hopefully with a long week Hopkins will be full go.
Except every other player on the field was running the play like a pass. Clearly Green was the one guy running the wrong play. This is not on Kliff or Kyler, but on Green for not seeing what the other 10 guys apparently saw.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except every other player on the field was running the play like a pass. Clearly Green was the one guy running the wrong play. This is not on Kliff or Kyler, but on Green for not seeing what the other 10 guys apparently saw.

Yeah for sure he run the wrong play, I'm just saying I don't think run there was off the table. Was pretty good lane outside for Kyler to run for the Pylon without losing much time.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah for sure he run the wrong play, I'm just saying I don't think run there was off the table. Was pretty good lane outside for Kyler to run for the Pylon without losing much time.
I think it was completely off the table because Murray was clearly limping after his last run just a few plays before. When you add that up with the fact that we didn't have any TOs and 15 seconds left... maybe if one of these 3 factors weren't there I could agree with you, but in that case...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just watched it back again and I have another theory.

The CB is playing Green almost like it's a run play. He has both hands on him and he's pushing like he's trying to get to a runner. I wonder if Green thought that Murray was scrambling based on how the CB was playing him and so started trying to block him. Only thing I can think of.

You must be registered for see images attach

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
I didn’t see the final play because I was so disgusted with their play that I went to bed with the score 24-14. No idea what was called or missed on that final play, but the Cardinals lost the game early. The Packers kicked the Cardinals around like a 98 pound weakling. We couldn’t stop the run, couldn’t get any pressure on their QB. The Packers controlled the game and the Cardinals had no answers. Injuries? Sure, but the Pack had their share too. I put this loss on the folks who had control of the entire game, not the one guy who might have missed one play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So I don't think "It was certain pass" necessarily holds water. Still it was bad from Green.

Except Kyler was visibly limping from the 2nd run earlier in the drive. I am pretty sure Kyler wasn't even considering running there if Green wasn't open it was going somewhere else or out of the endzone.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just watched it back again and I have another theory.

The CB is playing Green almost like it's a run play. He has both hands on him and he's pushing like he's trying to get to a runner. I wonder if Green thought that Murray was scrambling based on how the CB was playing him and so started trying to block him. Only thing I can think of.

You must be registered for see images attach
That was a thought if mine also. Since it was one on one, maybe Green thought Kyler could score easily and he was sealing the CB for an easy TD.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a thought if mine also. Since it was one on one, maybe Green thought Kyler could score easily and he was sealing the CB for an easy TD.

Just weird all around Kyler was clearly not 100% after that last run so it was highly unlikely to me he was going to call a run on that play with 14 seconds, no timeouts and Kyler not 100%. I just think AJ brainfarted for some reason and thought the ball was going somewhere else.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard