The Eagles, Jonathon Gannon, and the Fangio Fantasy (article/conspiracy)

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Pertty good read, apparently Eagles fans have their feathers in a ruffle because they think Gannon didn't concentrate on the super bowl and even screwed them out of a Defensive Coordinator

Some of my favorite parts

"For the flat-earthers, the Eagles understood Gannon was no longer invested in the big game so they needed to bring Fangio in. The fact that the new Miami defensive coordinator was brought on to help the offense by explaining what defensive looks they might see from Kansas City is something you're supposed to forget."

You must be registered for see images attach

"Fangio had already taken the Dolphins job before Arizona tampered with Gannon between the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl so unless Fangio was prepared to Josh McDaniels Miami at the altar, something that would have “impacted a lot of people’s lives" and been the polar opposite of the reputations of both the Eagles and Fangio, that take is misguided."

linky

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Monti went out of his way to get to know about a dozen assistant and position coaches in the league when building a list of potential coaching hires if he were to get a GM position, I don't see anything close to tampering for calling a friend and congratulating him on going to the Super Bowl. And while they're talking "Hey, would you be interested in the Cardinals' head coaching spot? Obviously, we can't really discuss it in depth or interview you until after the big game." Whole big ball of meh in my opinion.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Monti went out of his way to get to know about a dozen assistant and position coaches in the league when building a list of potential coaching hires if he were to get a GM position, I don't see anything close to tampering for calling a friend and congratulating him on going to the Super Bowl. And while they're talking "Hey, would you be interested in the Cardinals' head coaching spot? Obviously, we can't really discuss it in depth or interview you until after the big game." Whole big ball of meh in my opinion.
I'm with you here. Feels like the Cardinals probably didn't have to turn themselves in, but I think Monti realized a full investigation could happen over the burner phone allegations and wanted take care of it so was behind us. A big nothing here.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
This tampering stuff is kind of a joke anyway. Happens every year by numerous teams wanting a coach/player, Cards just got caught.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The forced trade wasn't a big ball of meh, though.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The forced trade wasn't a big ball of meh, though.
That part is definitely annoying, but Monti made up for it a few times over. Plus, hax Micheal's potential burner investigation uncovered this, we might have lost an actual draft pick(s). Along with optics that this organization cheats. Monti handled it well and had McDonough not left on bad terms, no one probably says a word. These types of conversations happen all the time.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I can’t believe this story is still being discussed nationally. Did they forget it’s about the Cardinals? We are not supposed to get ANY coverage. Now go back to doing 4 hour segments about the Cowboys and Rodgers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson