The Durant Sweepstakes

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More "smoke" about Jaylen Brown. So, this report has the Heat and Boston working together. Basically, if Boston is looking at longer term salary it helps them and they get rent a KG until that contract is up. Heat lands Jaylen and the Nets end up getting more picks in the deal. This seems to lineup with earlier reports Boston looking at the longer term salary impacts with Brown.

They don't even break down the details of the trade. I'm sure Brooklyn is excited to help Boston and Miami.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They don't even break down the details of the trade. I'm sure Brooklyn is excited to help Boston and Miami.
Would be nice to Sweep Miami and KD in the finals. Put an end to all this team swapping BS before it gets out of hand. And do it with the homegrown players.
I don't even care if we get Durant although it would make us THE most hated team in the NBA which could be kinda fun.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to Sweep Miami and KD in the finals. Put an end to all this team swapping BS before it gets out of hand. And do it with the homegrown players.
I don't even care if we get Durant although it would make us THE most hated team in the NBA which could be kinda fun.

I don't think the Heat want to give up key pieces to make the Durant trade happen.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that has been a head scratcher from day one. Another team helping out a division or conference rival but many people here didn't seem to think that was a big issue. It could be the Nets are simply leaking these proposed deals to try and get better offers from other teams (like the Suns) but have no intention of making their rivals better in the end.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And only get picks back in the deal.

Yeah… that seems likely.

I think some in the media is throwing mud against the wall to get people to follow.

At least with the 76ers rumor, although it seems uneven, the Nets get an up-and-coming star in Tyrese Maxey and players that can compete now.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And only get picks back in the deal.

Yeah… that seems likely.
I don't think it was a picks only deal. Only that they would get more picks if more teams were involved. Like Main said they didn't throw out the details but players would have to be involved to make the money work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that has been a head scratcher from day one. Another team helping out a division or conference rival but many people here didn't seem to think that was a big issue. It could be the Nets are simply leaking these proposed deals to try and get better offers from other teams (like the Suns) but have no intention of making their rivals better in the end.

Yeah. Nothing with legs to stand on about a Durant trade.

Anyone can make up a hypothetical trade idea.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think the Heat want to give up key pieces to make the Durant trade happen.
I would honestly be shocked if Pat gave it more than 2 mins thought about it.
It would hurt our team for a few years to get Durant, it would KILL Miami altogether, Boston as well.
Make it happen either way lol.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The longer this goes on the more I think everyone east of the Mississippi is messing with us so we don't make any moves.

Some see the glass half full some see it half empty.
I just see the puddle on the table.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, Kevin Durant does not plan to retire.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
This whole thing is getting silly. I don't care. How can the Suns hurt me more than they did in June?
It was almost easier to think “maybe we can sneak into the 8 seed”

now were really good and will be for a while. Thankful for that, since not long ago we were terrible.

but the end of the last two seasons was not exactly fun.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This whole thing is getting silly. I don't care. How can the Suns hurt me more than they did in June?

Everyone wants a championship but it's best to enjoy the ride. At least the Suns are playing into May and June.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, the Nets want the second-best player from a team in a trade for Kevin Durant based upon the Celtics offering Jaylen Brown.

We need some trades to spice up the summer!

If true the Suns are out and need to move on to other trades. You are not getting CP3 or Book. They had a chance at Ayton and reportedly were not interested in him. So, Bridges by definition is too low on their list. It sounds like they think Bridges is not even enough to the Nets which is hilarious for a player who turns 34 this year.

Having said that there are some caveats. One, KD isn't going to a non-contender no matter what the Nets say. Second, the only "contending" team that has not laughed off the Nets asking price is the Celtics. All the other teams have told the Nets to go jump in the lake for the players they have asked for in return.

It's simply not going to happen. You might as well trade him to the Celtics now. There won't be an offer better than that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If true the Suns are out and need to move on to other trades. You are not getting CP3 or Book. They had a chance at Ayton and reportedly were not interested in him. So, Bridges by definition is too low on their list. It sounds like they think Bridges is not even enough to the Nets which is hilarious for a player who turns 34 this year.

Having said that there are some caveats. One, KD isn't going to a non-contender no matter what the Nets say. Second, the only "contending" team that has not laughed off the Nets asking price is the Celtics. All the other teams have told the Nets to go jump in the lake for the players they have asked for in return.

It's simply not going to happen. You might as well trade him to the Celtics now. There won't be an offer better than that.

A lot of big trades don't happen until the trade deadline, so the Suns should to take their time and find the right one, like the Pelicans did in acquiring CJ McCollum and Larry Nance Jr.

That said, there could be some good spinoff trades, like when the Jazz trade Donovan Mitchell.

I don't think the Suns are out of the sweepstakes for Durant, but I'm certainly not counting on it. Ayton could till be traded later on as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Honestly I would be more than happy to trade them CP3, he is a lot less valuable than Mikal if you ask me.

In terms of trade value though, pretty sure the Suns top 2 assets are Booker and Ayton.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose