The Durant Sweepstakes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the only way KD cements his legacy as one of the greatest ever. Bring a title to a team that’s never won one as the undisputed 1 on the team.
Durant already had a cemented legacy in this league. No doubt though bring a title to a team that has zero would elevate him and put him higher in a more elite class of HOF players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On the bright side of the future outlook, it is still a player driven league and Booker has proven he can attract star players even with a pos owner. If Ishbia does clean up the teams reputation with Booker entering his prime there will still be ways to add talent.
This is the second superstar book has attracted. That’s some mighty big pull.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant already had a cemented legacy in this league. No doubt though bring a title to a team that has zero would elevate him and put him higher in a more elite class of HOF players.
His legacy is always tarnished by gravy training onto a title winner… then leaving them to completely screw himself hooking up with Kyrie.

He’s never had a moment where IT’S ALL ABOUT HIM. This is it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
His legacy is always tarnished by gravy training onto a title winner… then leaving them to completely screw himself hooking up with Kyrie.

He’s never had a moment where IT’S ALL ABOUT HIM. This is it.
I take it you have not been reading social media? People are calling this a super team with CP3, Book and Ayton. It’s still not all about KD.

How fast the worm has turned.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it you have not been reading social media? People are calling this a super team with CP3, Book and Ayton. It’s still not all about KD.

How fast the worm has turned.
that’s because people don’t watch our team. They’ll realize fast enough that CP3 is older than dirt, Ayton goes AWOL 50% of the time. Book is now the best 2 in the game. But it will be obvious how much KD towers over these guys.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I absolutely loved the Barkley trade. I don't get the same feeling with this trade and I like Kevin Durant.

It's too risky.

If the Suns win a championship it will be worth it but with the assets they gave up, I think there were other trades that could have put them over the top still keeping at least Bridges.
Yeah maybe but Bridges was the main piece they wanted gauranteed!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that’s because people don’t watch our team. They’ll realize fast enough that CP3 is older than dirt, Ayton goes AWOL 50% of the time. Book is now the best 2 in the game. But it will be obvious how much KD towers over these guys.
It’s going to be an interesting dynamic but this will still be Book’s team IMO.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When the last of these picks transfer KD will be 40 years old.

If there is a banner or 2 dangling, I will tip my hat to whoever Brooklyn drafts and wish them the best... but we're going to require some really savvy front office work to stay relevant 4+ years from now.
Book will be 32 and Ayton will be 30. We still have 3 first round picks between now and then and likely a mountain of cap space.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poor Bridges, a guy who is charismatic and always looks like he is having fun out there is now going to play on a court that makes the players look like corpses.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
This is the only way KD cements his legacy as one of the greatest ever. Bring a title to a team that’s never won one as the undisputed 1 on the team.
Hey Cheese just wanted to do a wellness check with you bro I know how much you loved Mikal and I can only imagine how broken up you are over this. If you need anyone to talk to I'm around like a circle. It's going to be okay

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor Bridges, a guy who is charismatic and always looks like he is having fun out there is now going to play on a court that makes the players look like corpses.
I do feel bad for Bridges. Check out his Twitter feed. Over the past few days he made it obvious he loves it here and wanted to be a Suns for life type player.

Seriously gonna miss that dudes smile, defense and now his new found offensive game. I hope he continues to become one of the best players in the league.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re drinking drano.
I think you are if you think Monty is going to rebuild this offense in the middle of the season and push Book aside. I think Durant’s touches are going to come at the expense of Ayton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD is really good but saying he's the undisputed #1 on this team is a huge stretch. This is Booker's team and I wouldn't say KD is that much better than Booker at this point. Book is improving while KD is declining as well.

I like adding KD but hate losing Mikal, Cam, & 4 picks. That's a huge price to pay and if a title isn't won then it was all for nothing and sets us back in a big way. I don't care if we become a destination, we paid a huge a price to bring in an aging star who wanted to come here and out of his current situation. What will we have to bring in another star to replace Paul? Ayton, is basically it. It's really hard to look past the side of this if KD can't stay healthy or something else causes us to collapse again in the postseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s see how much he taunts people on those three balls playing for a bucket of crap.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do feel bad for Bridges. Check out his Twitter feed. Over the past few days he made it obvious he loves it here and wanted to be a Suns for life type player.

Seriously gonna miss that dudes smile, defense and now his new found offensive game. I hope he continues to become one of the best players in the league.

Yeah it super sucks. Bridges went to DBacks games, Coyotes games. He wanted to be that ambassador for the valley.

I mean if freaking TJ can make it back here who knows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are if you think Monty is going to rebuild this offense in the middle of the season and push Book aside.
If this team doesn’t run through KD Monty is a bigger idiot than I already believe him to be.