The Durant Sweepstakes

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Only guy I can see maybe being traded is Saric to the Heat. We probably keep Saric, I'm guessing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only guy I can see maybe being traded is Saric to the Heat. We probably keep Saric, I'm guessing.
Not sure we should entertain trading Saric now. We are going to need him more than ever off the bench. Losing Cam J makes the team much thinner off the bench. I am a little worried about bench points if I have any concern.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which blockbuster trade involving giving up a ransom for legit MVP candidate blew up? I guess you could say Anthony Davis except they won a championship. I’d take a single championship and be happy for a decade.

Let me preface this with that I don't despise the trade and Durant, when healthy, is a top 5 player.

That said, the odds of him winning another MVP are pretty slim, he simply misses too many games. He is 34 now, he isn't winning it this year, I don't expect his durability to improve as he moves beyond 35 years old. Has anyone over 35 ever won the MVP? Honest question.

The Nets are going to own or have the right to swap picks with us when Durant is age 38-39-40. CP3 will obviously be long gone before that. We're going to have to be reeeeeally savvy for those picks not to be really juicy.

I don't want to sound too negative about this trade, I don't despise it, but the risk is gigantic and I think we overpaid. A title will cure all though.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Not sure we should entertain trading Saric now. We are going to need him more than ever off the bench. Losing Cam J makes the team much thinner off the bench. I am a little worried about bench points if I have any concern.

I think Warren could be very valuable in the bench points role.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns gave up a TON for KD.

That’s a ton of draft capital on top of two really good young players we gave up. Cam J, Bridges, Crowder, 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029

If KD can’t stay healthy, we lose these picks, Cam J continues to grow and so does Bridges or we don’t win a title? This will go down as one of the worst trades in franchise history.

Mark my words. Bridges will be one of the best two way players in the league.

Having said all that? No risk it, no biscuit. I think KD puts us over the top.
I can see bridges being a dude who puts up points on a play/in team and cam Johnson fading into obscurity on that team. One or two of those picks in 2027/2029 will be lamented but the next couple won’t mean much.

And unlike those other blockbusters that sold the farm, they didn’t have Booker and Ayton as their fall back. We do.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I HAVE A REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION.

How fast will NBA2K update the roster with Durant on the Suns????

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Maybe they want to move off Jimmy Butler's contract? LOL! Maybe Saric for a shooter, or young athletic player?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man am I going to miss Mikal. Not as excited as everyone else about this. Stunned. Gotta try to wrap my brain around it.

And Ayton is still a Sun.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a great trade for the Lakers. I have no idea what the freak Minnesota is doing.

Glad we aren't them.

Also STOP HELPING THE LAKERS league

Minnesota is the stupidest team in the NBA.

I'm no fan of D'Lo but Conley has a foot in the grave. They are well over the cap and no one wants to play there... how do they plan on improving when Conley is washed up... which seems like it's happening in real time.

Their future draft belongs to the Jazz, who helped destroy the Wolves further in this trade... Ainge is one savvy bastard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man am I going to miss Mikal. Not as excited as everyone else about this. Stunned. Gotta try to wrap my brain around it.

And Ayton is still a Sun.
This is not meant to be a slam, but try and remember how against the CP3 trade you were. Now realize that when KD is healthy (and will be in a couple weeks) how much ridiculously better he is than CP3 when we traded for him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair with all the moves the twolves have made, im pretty sure nobody knows what the hell they're doing (including their gm)
A thousand times this.

WTF is going on over there?!