The Despair Raid Offense

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a desperate last second screw it throw away from 0-4. And two of those losses were against Miami with a rookie and one of the worst Pats teams ever, especially on offense.

Some fans seems content as we currently have the 7th seed despite a hard downward trend in the teams performance. Especially on offense and coaching.

There are 3 teams 1 game behind us and while we play the Rams who will surely own us the Vikings play the Jags and the Bears play the Lions. The Niners play the Bills which is tougher, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win that one.

By the end of next week odds are that we are out of the playoff spots as the Vikings will be 4-1 in their division and we will be 2-2.

The Vikings still have to play the Bucs, Bears and Saints. But we have the Rams twice and the Niners getting healthier.

Kliff needs to sort himself out. But I just don't think he can, otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation already.

Content is the wrong word. I think a lot of people's expectations got shifted due to our hot start. Most of us said we were between a 7-9 win team at the start of the year, and that is exactly where we are 'trending.'

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Content is the wrong word. I think a lot of people's expectations got shifted due to our hot start. Most of us said we were between a 7-9 win team at the start of the year, and that is exactly where we are 'trending.'

Jeez... if we end up 7-9, that is pathetic and not a good sign. theres a colossal difference between being a 7-9 team that gets better all year and finishes well and a 7-9 team that goes 1-6 in their last 7 games.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez... if we end up 7-9, that is pathetic and not a good sign. theres a colossal difference between being a 7-9 team that gets better all year and finishes well and a 7-9 team that goes 1-6 in their last 7 games.

No, it wouldn't be good, but it wouldn't be gloom and doom either.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yet I've seen several comments along the lines of "We're 6-5. We have a winning record. Why are you complaining?"

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet I've seen several comments along the lines of "We're 6-5. We have a winning record. Why are you complaining?"

The sky isn't falling. The Cards at this point play down to their competition and don't have a true winner's mentality. That takes time.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

We haven't won this many games (6) in the first 12 games since 2015. Fact is...we could/should have won even more (Miami, Detroit, and NE) and could have lost a couple of others (Seattle and Buffalo).

Nobody thinks 6 wins is where we want to be each year but its heading in the right direction vs where we were. The comments on this board make it sound like we are 2-9.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We haven't won this many games (6) in the first 12 games since 2015. Fact is...we could/should have won even more (Miami, Detroit, and NE) and could have lost a couple of others (Seattle and Buffalo).

Nobody thinks 6 wins is where we want to be each year but its heading in the right direction vs where we were. The comments on this board make it sound like we are 2-9.

That's because we're playing like a 2-9 team. There's no credit for what you did 5 weeks ago in the NFL.

We're 1-3 the last 4 games. That's 4-12 form. So they deserve 4-12 talk. And they only have the 1 by a miracle.

I'd rather start poorly and be trending up like the Vikings than go from 5-2 to 6-5 and look like garbage late in the season.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
@BritCard

You are what your record says you are.

We are 6-5.

It's been a roller coaster but I have enjoyed this season more than any since 2015.

phillycard

Registered
Reaction score
And a desperate last second screw it throw away from 0-4. And two of those losses were against Miami with a rookie and one of the worst Pats teams ever, especially on offense.

Some fans seems content as we currently have the 7th seed despite a hard downward trend in the teams performance. Especially on offense and coaching.

There are 3 teams 1 game behind us and while we play the Rams who will surely own us the Vikings play the Jags and the Bears play the Lions. The Niners play the Bills which is tougher, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win that one.

By the end of next week odds are that we are out of the playoff spots as the Vikings will be 4-1 in their division and we will be 2-2.

The Vikings still have to play the Bucs, Bears and Saints. But we have the Rams twice and the Niners getting healthier.

Kliff needs to sort himself out. But I just don't think he can, otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation already.

Zero confidence in us to keep that last spot. Almost every team behind us scares me, and TBH, I would not want NY or Washington at this moment in time. I swear I wish I felt differently, but this team is reeling with no end in sight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think the comments make it sound like we are 1-3 in our last four games. And we are.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zero confidence in us to keep that last spot. Almost every team behind us scares me, and TBH, I would not want NY or Washington at this moment in time. I swear I wish I felt differently, but this team is reeling with no end in sight.

i wonder how much of our doom and gloom right now is because we all expect to get pulverized this weekend by the Rams and that will really cement our downward slide from being on top of the division after week 9.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff better get the heads of this team together. These last couple losses have been really bad, I can't imagine it being good for the psyche the team.

He needs to have a heck of game plan and beat the rams to keep the locker room

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff better get the heads of this team together. These last couple losses have been really bad, I can't imagine it being good for the psyche the team.

He needs to have a heck of game plan and beat the rams to keep the locker room

the Seattle loss wasn't really that bad, on the road, on short week, coming off a miraculous emotional W, we played them tough and still had a chance to win.

I just think last week's loss to the Pats was THAT bad. They're not good. And it's not like Bellicheck coached them to this amazing victory where they played above their heads and beat us. We just totally beat oursevles, against a bad team, playing a bad game. That is why I think it hurts so much... and because we're all expecting to get ATM raped by the Rams this weekend.

phillycard

Registered
Reaction score
i wonder how much of our doom and gloom right now is because we all expect to get pulverized this weekend by the Rams and that will really cement our downward slide from being on top of the division after week 9.

I'm already dreading Sunday cheese. They may be up and down, but their up and down, vs. our up and down?? No contest. I just don't see a bounce back.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
the Seattle loss wasn't really that bad, on the road, on short week, coming off a miraculous emotional W, we played them tough and still had a chance to win.

I just think last week's loss to the Pats was THAT bad. They're not good. And it's not like Bellicheck coached them to this amazing victory where they played above their heads and beat us. We just totally beat oursevles, against a bad team, playing a bad game. That is why I think it hurts so much... and because we're all expecting to get ATM raped by the Rams this weekend.

Agreed until the last part.

People are really getting raped at ATM's?

:doofus: