The Curtain Falls

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
First I want to thank everyone who’s said kind words about my contributions. I also want to thank those who’ve challenged me as I think we grow by questioning even things we’re sure we know.

I also want to indicate I am fine, although at 70 that’s a relative assessment. Let me also say, despite invitations, I have not and will not be posting on other NFL boards. I turned down a good paying offer earlier this year to write for an Internet Website, so that won’t be happening either. Also none of this has anything to do with abusive posts. I don’t think they have a place among real fans, but you don’t last as long as I have if you can’t take insults.

This year I got the first pick in the draft right. I got the second pick right. And among other prophecies I was correct about the first OT taken. I made all those calls well before the paid gurus endorsed these players. So I like the idea of going out on top. This was my best job since 2000 when I was hosting a chat on this board’s predecessor and correctly identified the Cards first 3 picks. Mike (the guy who brought me to this site) was in the press room at Cardinal headquarters and that result led to significantly increased paid talent evaluation opportunities for me. He said the room went wild when we hit on the third one. I was doing some evals before that but this event opened other doors.

Also though they’ll never know I’d like to thank Rivals of which this board was once part. That exposure led to me getting to know other key people like Dave Te.

Those of you old timers who send me emails, I must tell you I won’t be answering those questions any longer; sorry. A clean break is better.

Since I’m not passing away you may see me at times monitoring the board. I’m going to try to refrain from posting, but I’m still interested in what you folks have to say.

It’s been grand!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
First I want to thank everyone who’s said kind words about my contributions. I also want to thank those who’ve challenged me as I think we grow by questioning even things we’re sure we know.

I also want to indicate I am fine, although at 70 that’s a relative assessment. Let me also say, despite invitations, I have not and will not be posting on other NFL boards. I turned down a good paying offer earlier this year to write for an Internet Website, so that won’t be happening either. Also none of this has anything to do with abusive posts. I don’t think they have a place among real fans, but you don’t last as long as I have if you can’t take insults.

This year I got the first pick in the draft right. I got the second pick right. And among other prophecies I was correct about the first OT taken. I made all those calls well before the paid gurus endorsed these players. So I like the idea of going out on top. This was my best job since 2000 when I was hosting a chat on this board’s predecessor and correctly identified the Cards first 3 picks. Mike (the guy who brought me to this site) was in the press room at Cardinal headquarters and that result led to significantly increased paid talent evaluation opportunities for me. He said the room went wild when we hit on the third one. I was doing some evals before that but this event opened other doors.

Also though they’ll never know I’d like to thank Rivals of which this board was once part. That exposure led to me getting to know other key people like Dave Te.

Those of you old timers who send me emails, I must tell you I won’t be answering those questions any longer; sorry. A clean break is better.

Since I’m not passing away you may see me at times monitoring the board. I’m going to try to refrain from posting, but I’m still interested in what you folks have to say.

It’s been grand!

Hey Harry, I'm confused. Did you find a new job due to your prophesy or are you just not going to be posting much here anymore and basically retiring? If its the latter, why are you not wanting to post here anymore? Of course you don't have to post as much but why would you feel you would have to remove yourself from the forum? Am I missing something?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much money u turned down?
Cause I have not idea what the salary in those type of contribution

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck.Always enjoyed your posts even when i disagreed with you.Take care and fare thee well.

Reaction score
It's been grand, Harry!

It would be nice if you continue to pop-in and comment from time to time!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be safe my friend. And see you back here next draft season. ;)

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Your commentary over the years has been fantastic. You are like the Dan Bickley of ASFN - and for me that is a great thing. Thanks for all the great analysis. I will miss your contributions and am sad to see you go. All the best!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Harry, yes you called this one.

Your early posts were thought provoking. Simply by posting you had the rare ability to move the board right or left on a given topic.

Of the many great posters this board has seen, you’ll be remembered for your contributions.

Drop ins are welcomed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you in the future.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow. First, thank you for all your insight through the years. I have found it extremely valuable and entertaining. I’ve learned a lot. I won’t lament your leaving but rather wish you well.

All that said I sincerely hope you weren’t driven off the site. If you were that certainly casts a pall over what used to be a shining destination.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I saw your threads, I always read them. I probably agreed with you 95% of the time. Even when I disagreed, I felt your position had strong merit. I’m getting a little long in the tooth myself, so I’m not as active posting myself. I hope that we still continue to see your opinions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson