The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought the Katrina refs were the only interesting spin on it. I didnt feel like it was a long movie, and I certainly enjoyed myself, but it was kind of unremarkeable.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
"Ok, here's what we got: How about taking Forrest Gump and combining it with Titanic? Gold, Jerry, GOLD!"

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did not like this one at all. This movie tried way too hard to be artsy. Didn't help its cause that it borrowed so much from Forrest Gump.

The main problem is that I really didn't care much for any of the characters. This was based on a short story, but the original story was supposed to be a comedy I think. This movie tried to turn that into a drama, and it didn't work.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good film. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good movie. It did drag a little bit and I did see some similarities to FG. However, I thought the movie stood on it's own merits. The acting was very good.

Also, couldn't agree more with the comment above on Brad Pitt (Benjamin) in the dance studio. That scene was unreal. They made Brad look like he was in his early 20's again. Amazing job. That is in stark contrast to the horrible CGI de-aging they did on Patrick Stewart in X-Men Wolverine. One is an example of how to do it right and the other of how to do it wrong.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i just saw this one today - it was one that I wanted to see in theaters and am glad I missed ....... it's not that I didn't enjoy the movie, but it was a bit long and the big screen wouldn't of added much to the experience

overall I did like it - the concept was pretty neat - not sure if I was 100% having him be born a baby old man and then just die as a baby as opposed to an old grown baby

a couple other little parts ...... i really didn't like daisy

all up though it was pretty good

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Did not like this one at all. This movie tried way too hard to be artsy. Didn't help its cause that it borrowed so much from Forrest Gump.

The main problem is that I really didn't care much for any of the characters. This was based on a short story, but the original story was supposed to be a comedy I think. This movie tried to turn that into a drama, and it didn't work.

Recently watched it.

I liked the movie, but I agree regarding the likability of the characters. Their likability definitely doesn't compare with the characters in FG.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn