The Contrarian take. Cardinals are going to be OK.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh.. I think K2 is coming along. Offensively, last night was way more about players not executing than the scheme. Way more.
Oh, he has come along a great deal and, yes, last night the players didn't perform. BUT if anyone is expecting him to stop going for it on 4th down and settle for the FG (which was what I was responding to), I think you will be very disappointed.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The way this team cools down or players do when they have time off is concerning. Seriously, not just the funky home record, but would you trust this team to pick up and perform at a high level with a bye the first week of the playoffs lol

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Oh, he has come along a great deal and, yes, last night the players didn't perform. BUT if anyone is expecting him to stop going for it on 4th down and settle for the FG (which was what I was responding to), I think you will be very disappointed.

That make sense, thanks.

I don't follow all the metrics and everything enough to have an informed opinion about the decision tree in those situations, so I just have to hope K2 is doing the right thing in these situations.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think that Lion's game is going to be a close ugly win. I think the Colts are going to blow our doors off. I think the Cards will find some way to beat the Cowboys or the Cowboys will just be the Cowboys and find a way to give the game away. I think we will blow Seattle's doors off... I think we will win the division with a rollercoaster of emotions game to game but believe it or not the Rams will still be more inconsistent than we are

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That make sense, thanks.

I don't follow all the metrics and everything enough to have an informed opinion about the decision tree in those situations, so I just have to hope K2 is doing the right thing in these situations.
He obviously has extreme confidence in his offense and has no qualms as to the risk. A lot of the new offensive "gurus" seem to have that M.O. (I assume it's some kind of analytics thing but don't really know).

Anyway, he has the Cards at 10-3 and it's hard to argue that he has, indeed, learned in the 2+ years as HC. Still doesn't keep me from the occasional "What the?" when he calls the plays.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol... a weak win, by the Rams, who hadn’t beaten anyone good in two months and were out EIGHT STARTERS and won without the Cardinals ever getting close to tying the game in the fourth quarter.

If that was weak, I’d hate to see what it would look like with them strongly beating us.
We out gained them by almost 100 yards and lost 30 on our last drive. We were constantly in their red zone and on their side of the field. They had 3 long pass plays of 32 yards or more and ended up with only 360 so yards. We turned the ball
Over on plays Kyler could easily fix. You can’t vilify Kyler and then Give Brady a pass. Brady threw 3 INTS in last years championship game. They won in spite of him. Kyler is super fast and the play he made where he was going out of bounds and threw the ball to Green(I think) was insane. Conner was ballin. We had some questionable penalties. But the Rams were on edge entire game. They didn’t just blow us away hence why their yards were so low. They scored 17 points in 2nd half but 7 was after a turnover at our 19. They had the long pass for the TD other than that not much. That game was exciting because we kept it close playing our C game. Hence why we are still 2 in the power poll. Over Green Bay !! Which tells you others saw the same thing.
I’ll say this. Of all the teams play their best. I think we are 1 point better than Tampa for best team in the NFL. I think the world would love a Kyler Mahomes Super Bowl

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That dude ain’t coming back. And if he does, he’s going to destroy that shoulder and be done pretty quick, IMO.
I think he is 100% coming back. I think the consensus of what I heard. He comes back and is at 80% and helps us greatly. He will
Play through whatever happens and wear a major brace. And then he can have major surgery when season is over and be back by august. He can play in 4 games if need be. Remember he played entire game and did the damage in 2nd quarter

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Could very easily see Week 17's Sunday night (Vikings-Packers) being flexed if Minnsota doesn't perform well in the coming weeks. NFL doesn't usually like to have nonplayoff teams in their later week primetime games. Could see Cards-Cowboys or Rams-Ravens being flexed into that slot.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We out gained them by almost 100 yards and lost 30 on our last drive. We were constantly in their red zone and on their side of the field. They had 3 long pass plays of 32 yards or more and ended up with only 360 so yards. We turned the ball
Over on plays Kyler could easily fix. You can’t vilify Kyler and then Give Brady a pass. Brady threw 3 INTS in last years championship game. They won in spite of him. Kyler is super fast and the play he made where he was going out of bounds and threw the ball to Green(I think) was insane. Conner was ballin. We had some questionable penalties. But the Rams were on edge entire game. They didn’t just blow us away hence why their yards were so low. They scored 17 points in 2nd half but 7 was after a turnover at our 19. They had the long pass for the TD other than that not much. That game was exciting because we kept it close playing our C game. Hence why we are still 2 in the power poll. Over Green Bay !! Which tells you others saw the same thing.
I’ll say this. Of all the teams play their best. I think we are 1 point better than Tampa for best team in the NFL. I think the world would love a Kyler Mahomes Super Bowl

Great, but understand that Kliff and Kyler (and Budda, or whoever is the leader on our defense) are going to have to win a playoff game, or at least both the Christmas day tilt and the Cowboy game before I start talking superbowl again.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Could very easily see Week 17's Sunday night (Vikings-Packers) being flexed if Minnsota doesn't perform well in the coming weeks. NFL doesn't usually like to have nonplayoff teams in their later week primetime games. Could see Cards-Cowboys or Rams-Ravens being flexed into that slot.
I think that there’s a max 5 prime time games that one team can be on. How close is Dallas to that number?

Same with Baltimore.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopkins and Conner both need MRI's. I hope they are precautionary because losing those two would be a massive blow.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals are going to win NFC West. Don't know what is in store for playoffs.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
I think that there’s a max 5 prime time games that one team can be on. How close is Dallas to that number?

Same with Baltimore.
I guess you're right. Dallas-Washington will be #5 for the Cowboys, and the Ravens have 5 too. Still weird that they have the Cardinals in such an early slate though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard