The Cardinals "created a monster"

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we can all agree now Daniel Jones is better than Kyler Murray.

At this point it would be hard to argue otherwise. Jones plays like a NFL QB and has proven he can win when it matters.

I think that Kyler is currently broken. However the problem is that IMO Kyler doesn't think he is broken. I'm not sure that Kyler can be fixed here on the Cardinals. Kyler has been placed on a pedestal and coddled his entire career. He needs a massive dose of humility before he can change and IMO the only way that will happen is if he gets cut. Which doesn't help the Cardinals any.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nah some of us actually have stuff to do in life other than bash a player online 24/7. I have never said Kyler can do no wrong so stop acting like if people don’t agree with your ridiculous bias takes against the young man we are homers. Your constant bashing just gets old so I just read and try not to respond to your idiot rhetoric. And yes a huge part of why this team sucked this year was Kliffs fault you moron that’s what he was fired! And no I’m not saying Kyler playing poor had nothing to do with it, there were many factors with personnel and scheme which aided in that. It’s not as simple as he don’t study so that’s why he’s bad that’s just stupid and incorrect.

tiptoeing right around personal attacks man. rumor has it there is a block button. Maybe try it out?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
At this point it would be hard to argue otherwise. Jones plays like a NFL QB and has proven he can win when it matters.

I think that Kyler is currently broken. However the problem is that IMO Kyler doesn't think he is broken. I'm not sure that Kyler can be fixed here on the Cardinals. Kyler has been placed on a pedestal and coddled his entire career. He needs a massive dose of humility before he can change and IMO the only way that will happen is if he gets cut. Which doesn't help the Cardinals any.
there is another way.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I just read this on the internet (so it must be true, HAHA):
In 2023, Murray has a cap hit of $16 million and a dead cap hit of $97.5 million, meaning if the Cardinals cut or trade him, it would add an additional $81.5 million to the team’s salary cap. In 2024, those numbers are $51.8 and $81.5 (+$29.3 million on the cap).

So does that mean that the cap hit for 2023 is $97.5 million and $81.5 in 2024 when he is no longer on our team?

The 2023 salary cap in 2023 is $220 million?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read this on the internet (so it must be true, HAHA):
In 2023, Murray has a cap hit of $16 million and a dead cap hit of $97.5 million, meaning if the Cardinals cut or trade him, it would add an additional $81.5 million to the team’s salary cap. In 2024, those numbers are $51.8 and $81.5 (+$29.3 million on the cap).

So does that mean that the cap hit for 2023 is $97.5 million and $81.5 in 2024 when he is no longer on our team?

The 2023 salary cap in 2023 is $220 million?
No. If he remains on the roster, the bonus money he's already been paid is pro-rated against the cap over each year of the contract. If he's cut, it all hits the cap at once. If he's cut after June 1, i believe pro-rated year worth hits the cap in the year he's cut, and the rest hits the following year.

You can see the yearly cap charges and dead cap if he's cut here: https://overthecap.com/player/kyler-murray/7792

...dave

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Silver won with this being 11 pages.

Daniel Jones is proof that coaching matters. Going from Joe Judge to Daboll saved his career.
This. And it’s what I’m hoping for with kyler. Before this year there was no comparison in the opposite direction. Give kyler a chance with someone other than kingsbury and let’s judge him then.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Must have hurt his arm carrying that bag to the bank.

To preempt the "but O line" people he played 4 games with a full strength O line. A further 3 with Pugh and had Hump, Hernandez and Beachum for every game he played except the Chargers.

He played his rookie year with Mason Cole, Sweezy and Jordan Mills or Justin Murray at RT and was far better.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
The real worry with Kyler is his injury and if he can come back 100% from it. His athleticism makes up for his lack of knowledge and height. I highly doubt a new coach can make a 5'10 Kyler who does not like to study and who does not like to be hit a great pocket passer. Without those legs he's Baker Mayfield.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose