The Bosa Injury

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
There’s a great deal of speculation about this injury and no official details have been put out. I have made several inquiries and here’s what I’ve learned. I believe it’s reasonably accurate but some details may be slightly off. The injury was described as “core muscle” which in this case was apparently the abs right where they border the pelvis. The injury was bilateral. The left side was severe, the right side was fairly minor. If you’ve ever had a strained ab (I have), it’s incredibly painful if you bend over or twist. You can typically sit still with far less pain. This is not something you can play through. In fact as with any muscle pull, stain typically further tears the muscle. The surgery is much like a hernia procedure. The prognosis is typically a 4-6 week recovery. The goal of rehab is to make the muscles even stronger to prevent recovery. Most often the injury is a fluke but can result from poor technique.

With any muscle tear there is always a risk of recurrence but it’s not dramatic. The history of this type of injury is the athlete continues to have a successful career if that’s where he was headed. I’ve included a link to a professional journal article on the subject. While there is some concern in my mind as to family genetic injury disposition I see no reason this should preclude the Cards taking him.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5400145/

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good stuff Harry. IMO if we can't trade down to get a boatload of picks, we should take Bosa.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
How long had we bitched about not having a legit EDGE terror prior to Chandler Jones? Now we have a chance for two...

The Bosa brothers are as good as anyone I can remember with regard to finishing tackles and stripping the ball. Chandler Jones and Bosa are a perfect pair. The current trend in the NFL is high octane offense. So why not think ahead of the curve and develop a crushing pass rush? Take the Bosa leave the canolies

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bosa should be the pick. He and Jones would create a nightmare for opposing QBs.

Then, for the love of all that is holy, please, please, please get a couple of NFL caliber Linebackers....please....pretty please....

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
The Bosa brothers are as good as anyone I can remember with regard to finishing tackles and stripping the ball. Chandler Jones and Bosa are a perfect pair. The current trend in the NFL is high octane offense. So why not think ahead of the curve and develop a crushing pass rush? Take the Bosa leave the canolies

Liked if nothing else for The Godfather reference

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Josh Allen had 3 strip sacks to end games this season. Better in coverage & had 17 sacks in 13 games while being chipped, double teamed & held constantly in the best football conference in college football. We can trade down with the raiders & get another pick, let them move up & take bosa.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Josh Allen had 3 strip sacks to end games this season. Better in coverage & had 17 sacks in 13 games while being chipped, double teamed & held constantly in the best football conference in college football. We can trade down with the raiders & get another pick, let them move up & take bosa.

10 sacks versus SEC teams in 8 games.7 sacks versus non-SEC teams in 5 games.Good but not super or top pick worthy.Disappeared versus Georgia.Awesome versus MiddleTennessee State.Good game versus overrated Penn State team.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

I understand that you like Kentucky but this is not going to happen. First of all, the Raiders didn’t amass a huge number of picks and trade the best edge rusher in the game (Mack) to trade up for another edge rusher. Second, Bosa is almost uniformly considered the best player in the draft and, after all of the managerial mistakes that the Cardinals org made last year, they are in no position to take more risks and trade the top pick. Give it a break with. The Kentucky talk. It’s gett old

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand that you like Kentucky but this is not going to happen. First of all, the Raiders didn’t amass a huge number of picks and trade the best edge rusher in the game (Mack) to trade up for another edge rusher. Second, Bosa is almost uniformly considered the best player in the draft and, after all of the managerial mistakes that the Cardinals org made last year, they are in no position to take more risks and trade the top pick. Give it a break with. The Kentucky talk. It’s gett old

Dude who hates Wilks guts is now the posting police. Every pay from you for weeks was Fire Wilks no matter what the subject was...and thou are telling others their posts are getting old. Hilarious

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Dude who hates Wilks guts is now the posting police. Every pay from you for weeks was Fire Wilks no matter what the subject was...and thou are telling others their posts are getting old. Hilarious

This is an Arizona board not a Kentucky board. There are plenty of those. And I was right about Wilks

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Bosa's injury is due to poor technique as stated....that makes even more of a reason to sty away from him.. because that injury is going to come back.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If Bosa's injury is due to poor technique as stated....that makes even more of a reason to sty away from him.. because that injury is going to come back.

I think the video is on youtube...he was bending around a LT big time and grabbed his abdominal area. I don't see how that is poor technique... seems more like a freak injury.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the video is on youtube...he was bending around a LT big time and grabbed his abdominal area. I don't see how that is poor technique... seems more like a freak injury.
you would agree that "Bending" around an OT is something he will be required to do on a regular basis right?

Harry mentioned it was due to poor technique.

either way...it is going to come back.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
you would agree that "Bending" around an OT is something he will be required to do on a regular basis right?

Harry mentioned it was due to poor technique.

either way...it is going to come back.

Actually this what he said...”Most often the injury is a fluke but can result from poor technique.”

thightower34

Rookie
Reaction score
I know it’s irrational but when people talk about the Cardinals drafting Bosa all I think about is Eric Swann and Andre Wadsworth and how injury prone they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

That is true. You posted about Wilks in every thread that had nothing to do with the guy...just sayin. Can’t be the po po now

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I get why most want to draft Bosa and logic says draft him but dang I got this queasy feeling he's going to be a often injured bust like Wadsworth... and no, I have no idea why but this is just the kind of pick the Cardinals of old would select, and then get laughed at our draft futility or rather luck years later

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score

Since I am one of those Kentucky guys I'm gonna chime in here. You know it's not going to happen how? Are you a member of the front office and I wasn't aware? Someone bringing a consensus top 3 pick into a discussion is getting old according to you. At the same time you take every opportunity to fall all over Bosa WAY more often than Allen gets brought up. Time after time you talk about what you get with the Bosa brothers, hey man you do realize that by drafting Nick, Joey doesn't come along in the deal. In fact you posted a video of Joey from the combine to show everyone what Nick will do. Really? You are a huge Bosa fan that's great but it offends the hell out of you if Allen is brought up in a conversation about Bosa. I'm new here but I think I have caught on to the fact that you are the smartest man in the room and no one shall ever have a different opinion than you.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson