The Batman 2

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s especially problematic for me when there’s Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker currently going and who knows if the Joker is going to be in the OTHER Batman movie supposedly coming out in 2026. 3 concurrent Jokers is just stupid… as is 2 concurrent Batmen.

Those movies used to be events because there was only ONE BATMAN… and usually those movies were spread out over 2 or 3 years, building anticipation for the next one if the previous one was good. But when there’s a different Joker or Batman on screen ever single year, it just dilutes the product.
Just goes to show you what a mess DC still is. Remember when they hired James Gunn his first statement was that the entire universe would be cohesive and their would NOT be multiple versions of characters running around. It's obvious the studio interfered. Within weeks he softened that statement. Now it's been entirely walked back.

DC is a "S" show and that tells me they are not entirely confident putting all their eggs in the Gunniverse.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Just goes to show you what a mess DC still is. Remember when they hired James Gunn his first statement was that the entire universe would be cohesive and their would NOT be multiple versions of characters running around. It's obvious the studio interfered. Within weeks he softened that statement. Now it's been entirely walked back.

DC is a "S" show and that tells me they are not entirely confident putting all their eggs in the Gunniverse.
I was going to reply to Cheese with the same thing. The Batman movies and the Joker sequel should have been killed off when Gunn took over. They're making things a muddy mess and it's making me not want to watch any of it. I still haven't watched the first Batman due to it The 3 hour runtime plus the DC mess makes me skip it every time I start up a movie even though I've had the UHD sitting here for a year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was going to reply to Cheese with the same thing. The Batman movies and the Joker sequel should have been killed off when Gunn took over. They're making things a muddy mess and it's making me not want to watch any of it. I still haven't watched the first Batman due to it The 3 hour runtime plus the DC mess makes me skip it every time I start up a movie even though I've had the UHD sitting here for a year.
My favorite thing about the batman was his technology.
They have him using these retro steam punkish tube radio transmitters and such...it harkens back to his beginnings in True Detective comic books.
But other than that Batman is just an angry kid that'll fight ya