The Batman 2

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner Bro's DC is an absolute freaking mess. I mean a colossal mess. They have no idea how to pull this all together with the rest of the universe. This was a bright spot to me after Suicide Squad 2 and Wonder Woman 2. I was hoping Discovery would clean house and reboot but now sounds like they are unsure how to proceed as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Warner Bro's DC is an absolute freaking mess. I mean a colossal mess. They have no idea how to pull this all together with the rest of the universe. This was a bright spot to me after Suicide Squad 2 and Wonder Woman 2. I was hoping Discovery would clean house and reboot but now sounds like they are unsure how to proceed as well.
They've got an advantage in that The Batman can conceivably not be part of any established universe. Either as a standalone or the beginnings of a new iteration of the "universe". What does that mean for Aquaman and The Flash (which hasn't been cancelled, surprisingly)?

My guess is that both Aquaman and Flash will attempt to establish new rules for whatever the DC universe is. Essentially Discovery might be looking to start the universe from scratch from this point forward. Will it work? Who knows? But it's got a good chance to at least be better than the junk that came before it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've got an advantage in that The Batman can conceivably not be part of any established universe. Either as a standalone or the beginnings of a new iteration of the "universe". What does that mean for Aquaman and The Flash (which hasn't been cancelled, surprisingly)?

My guess is that both Aquaman and Flash will attempt to establish new rules for whatever the DC universe is. Essentially Discovery might be looking to start the universe from scratch from this point forward. Will it work? Who knows? But it's got a good chance to at least be better than the junk that came before it.
That has been the problem with DC from the get-go though. All the unconnected properties which they have said has confused audiences. According to their new CEO they are trying to find a Kevin Feige and trying to figure out how to pull it all together into a cohesive universe. That means explaining or connecting even loosely the existence of the Batman property, Joker property etc. (via the Flash multiverse).

It seems pretty flimsy but IMO that's the only reason they have not killed The Flash. A ton hinges on that. In terms of Aquaman 2, it apparently tested just as bad as Batgirl 2 but they have more riding on that. Then to top things off evidently Michael Keaton is pissed. So pissed that he said he is done with Warner Bro's/DC. His appearances went from 3 films to now just The Flash.

Like I said, the verse is a complete cluster.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That has been the problem with DC from the get-go though. All the unconnected properties which they have said has confused audiences. According to their new CEO they are trying to find a Kevin Feige and trying to figure out how to pull it all together into a cohesive universe. That means explaining or connecting even loosely the existence of the Batman property, Joker property etc. (via the Flash multiverse).

It seems pretty flimsy but IMO that's the only reason they have not killed The Flash. A ton hinges on that. In terms of Aquaman 2, it apparently tested just as bad as Batgirl 2 but they have more riding on that. Then to top things off evidently Michael Keaton is pissed. So pissed that he said he is done with Warner Bro's/DC. His appearances went from 3 films to now just The Flash.

Like I said, the verse is a complete cluster.
I did read something that The Flash has tested higher than any other DC Universe movie, so even with all the craziness with Ezra Miller, that may be why they are continuing with it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did read something that The Flash has tested higher than any other DC Universe movie, so even with all the craziness with Ezra Miller, that may be why they are continuing with it.
I heard the same thing. However, I still think in terms of pulling the universe together they have a ton riding on the Flash Multiverse storyline. Without that? It just continues to be a disconnected mess.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I heard the same thing. However, I still think in terms of pulling the universe together they have a ton riding on the Flash Multiverse storyline. Without that? It just continues to be a disconnected mess.
Multiverses by definition are going to be confusing. The movie may test well, but I have serious doubts it will be any good. They couldn't pull off a sequel to Wonder Woman and they killed the Superman franchise, what makes anyone think they can handle a multiverse concept??

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiverses by definition are going to be confusing. The movie may test well, but I have serious doubts it will be any good. They couldn't pull off a sequel to Wonder Woman and they killed the Superman franchise, what makes anyone think they can handle a multiverse concept??
I am not sure they can. That's not what I am saying. I am saying it's critical for them to pull the universe together which is a huge reason why they have no intention of killing it no matter how bad things get with Miller. I just feel bad for Keaton. From 3 appearances down to one. I would be pissed too.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am not sure they can. That's not what I am saying. I am saying it's critical for them to pull the universe together which is a huge reason why they have no intention of killing it no matter how bad things get with Miller. I just feel bad for Keaton. From 3 appearances down to one. I would be pissed too.
More reason to just go back to basics. Instead, they're going all out on a multiverse concept. This has disaster written all over it.

And that's what I think The Batman and even Joker are -- back to basics.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
More reason to just go back to basics. Instead, they're going all out on a multiverse concept. This has disaster written all over it.

And that's what I think The Batman and even Joker are -- back to basics.
I would be all for a semi-reboot. Connect everything. Have a plan like Marvel. I hate the disconnected DC Universe. If that is back to basics. Pass.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arkham Asylum. The ending really set that up

Is it a direct Arkham Asylum from the book? Cause that’s an insane story and could be really good and dark.

I don’t think people really know how dark someone of those Batman graphic novels get.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a direct Arkham Asylum from the book? Cause that’s an insane story and could be really good and dark.

I don’t think people really know how dark someone of those Batman graphic novels get.

Not sure how direct but it is certainly set up

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I would be all for a semi-reboot. Connect everything. Have a plan like Marvel. I hate the disconnected DC Universe. If that is back to basics. Pass.
At this point I'd rather see them disconnected with how screwed up WB has been with DC. Nuke everything and start with the basics. Give us one Batman franchise that's set up for a multimovie arc that's on the darker side. I like the Arkham idea here. Then give us a proper Superman movie. Not a dark Snyder one but that has a light, more Superman tone to it. Those are the 2 biggest superhero names. Let that be the solid foundation and let things grow and build out of them. Eventually that might lead to a big DCEU like Marvel but they need that base for the future. Aquaman and Flash are just building a house of cards that have no structural integrity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just pissed about the whole Michael Keaton of it all. I was excited to see him take back the Batmantle, if for no other reason than to get some nostalgiallies.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just pissed about the whole Michael Keaton of it all. I was excited to see him take back the Batmantle, if for no other reason than to get some nostalgiallies.
Evidently, after Batgirl was cancelled, they had to have Ben reshoot Keaton's scenes in Aquaman 2 because they would have made no sense. So, cancelling Batgirl in effect pulled him out of 2 of the 3 movies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... Discovery just made more changes, pushing back Shazam 2 from Dec. 6 2022 to March 17th 2023 and moved Aquaman 2 (again). it was originally scheduled for Dec.23 2022. Then i think they wanted to get out of Avatar 2's way and bumped it back to March 17th, 2023. But now that Shazam is on that spot, Aqua 2 is being pushed all the way to December 22, 2023.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
man... Discovery just made more changes, pushing back Shazam 2 from Dec. 6 2022 to March 17th 2023 and moved Aquaman 2 (again). it was originally scheduled for Dec.23 2022. Then i think they wanted to get out of Avatar 2's way and bumped it back to March 17th, 2023. But now that Shazam is on that spot, Aqua 2 is being pushed all the way to December 22, 2023.
Yikes, hopefully Discovery can get WB under control with the mess those guys made to DC.

For Aquaman it's feeling like they really want to kill it after the way it's testing and the Heard circus but don't want to piss off Momoa. I'm betting that they keep pushing it back to try to get everyone to forget about it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes, hopefully Discovery can get WB under control with the mess those guys made to DC.

For Aquaman it's feeling like they really want to kill it after the way it's testing and the Heard circus but don't want to piss off Momoa. I'm betting that they keep pushing it back to try to get everyone to forget about it.
that's weird. It was their one megahit outside of Joker. The only Billion dollar grosser of any of their so-called Justice League.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I fear Discovery doesn’t know what they are doing. Shouldn’t be hard to do better than what came before but if they don’t know how it’s going to be bumpy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Namor is going to kill Aquaman.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Dude it's a major mess over there. Avatar 2 is likely a factor but so is how it's testing. If it's true it tested as bad as Batgirl and moving it back that far? Major reshoots are headed its way. Bank on it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson