The Ayton Plan

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
A sign and trade with Dallas for Kyrie makes sense if Kyrie tells them he aint coming back.

Ayton / Something
Kyrie / Kleber

I hate thinking about it but it fixes our CP3 problem as well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A sign and trade with Dallas for Kyrie makes sense if Kyrie tells them he aint coming back.

Ayton / Something
Kyrie / Kleber

Expecting Kyrie to be a net positive here when he hasn't been a net positive since having LeBron daddying him is nuts.

I'd rather trade Ayton to a team like Portland for multiple complimentary pieces than take another huge risk on an aging star, covered in red flags.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expecting Kyrie to be a net positive here when he hasn't been a net positive since having LeBron daddying him is nuts.

I'd rather trade Ayton to a team like Portland for multiple complimentary pieces than take another huge risk on an aging star, covered in red flags.
DA has value on the court but it isn't close to what he's getting paid. I'm not sure there's a team out there willing to give us complementary pieces for a negative value contract with 3 years remaining. If so, great, but I suspect we're going to have to take a risky deal back.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DA has value on the court but it isn't close to what he's getting paid. I'm not sure there's a team out there willing to give us complementary pieces for a negative value contract with 3 years remaining. If so, great, but I suspect we're going to have to take a risky deal back.
I’m not sure if the league as a whole views him like that.

And I think there are a few teams, like Portland, desperate to alter their trajectory.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And I think there are a few teams, like Portland, desperate to alter their trajectory.
I think there are a bunch of teams desperate to alter their trajectory but I'm not sure there's a team out there that values DA more than we do. A few months ago maybe but the talk has been very anti-Ayton for quite awhile now and I'm sure scouts and executives were fully aware of his weaknesses long before the ESPN/Fox/CBS mouths finally caught on.

Unless he does something to improve his reputation this postseason I don't see how that contract moves for anything of value. Maybe we can find under-utilized and/or under-valued players like LAL did with the Westbrook deal but how long did they have to hang onto Russell before they could find that kind of return? I'm not confident we'll be that patient.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Okay, I think I'll change my stance on this given what's been mentioned here about the new agreement. It sounds like we're going to have to move him to a team that has low salary and only one star and we can't expect a big, bad contract in return.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score

Ayton / Something
Kyrie / Kleber

A lot of players are getting over paid. Ayton gets a great salary but compared to a lot of players today it's not outrageous. It's the market with huge revenues available. Look at Myles Turner getting what $30 million a year. And as sorry as Ayton sometimes gets I would much rather have him than Turner. Look at Shamet $10 & gives almost nothing in return or Nets Joe Harris who gets almost $19 million per & does give nothing in return.
And just look at what the Suns have had in the past at the Center slot. I'd trade Ayton only for some value and fill all the holes we now have & not a for headache like Kyrie or for garbage players just to make a move. It seems like the Suns are always negotiate from a point of weakness.

Suns have to stop settling one dimensional flawed players and look first the best available complete players. Get Value sometimes. Maybe the Suns should consult with Jazz Danny Ainge, the Lakers, Celtics, or the Spurs on how to make a trade and win.

Last edited:

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score

Lakers don't even want Kyrie now. He ain't going act right anyway bet on that. And I don't know the NBA trade rules like some you do but isn't he a unrestricted agent this year? If so why give anything because Kyrie is a no guarantee risk. Anyway let's get this win tonight. Suns are due.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me longer than some of you but I never questioned Ayton’s effort until this playoffs. I have always maintained that it was all in his head and he was a low IQ player.

Now I believe it’s a combination of both.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
Ayton is such a waste of talent. Suns need to find a way to trade his bum ass this off season. For being such a big guy, he's not intimidating at all. Big softy

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd go nuts if a headcase like this guy was on my team. SMH. No need to get butthurt and skip out on the media.

Deandre Ayton only played 26 minutes and had four points, nine rebounds, and one block while shooting 2/6 from the field.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media