The Ayton Plan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these threads just don't age well.

Hopefully he will keep putting up 20-30 point nights, double doubles, and player of the week awards which weren't exactly highlighted here.

The awards are nice but individual stats doesn't always reflect how well a team is playing.

It's a marathon. I want the Suns to build a deep team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are deep considering two players hurt one out and a open roster spot.

The Suns are deep. This is one of the reasons they have been able to weather the loss of key players.

However, they cannot readily absorb the loss of another rotation player.

The Suns are down Jae Crowder, Cam Johnson and Chris Paul. As noted, they also have an open roster spot.

When the right opportunity comes along, they need to fortify at least two positions. I'm not sure Dario Saric is 100% either.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are deep. This is one of the reasons they have been able to weather the loss of key players.

However, they cannot readily absorb the loss of another rotation player.

The Suns are down Jae Crowder, Cam Johnson and Chris Paul. As noted, they also have an open roster spot.

When the right opportunity comes along, they need to fortify at least two positions. I'm not sure Dario Saric is 100% either.
The Suns are regular season deep. You can weather storms by committee but not for very long and definitely not in the playoffs when the bench gets real short. The Suns need more than just rotation players in a trade. They need another legit player who is going to provide consistency and insurance when Book gets shut down and Ayton is doing a disappearing act.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The Suns are regular season deep. You can weather storms by committee but not for very long and definitely not in the playoffs when the bench gets real short. The Suns need more than just rotation players in a trade. They need another legit player who is going to provide consistency and insurance when Book gets shut down and Ayton is doing a disappearing act.
Yep...we can win lots of regular season games with this flawed squad, but we obviously need more to win a championship. Hopefully this is a wake up call.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns do need a player to take over for Devin Booker when he has an off game but I'm not sure that player is available without stripping the franchise.

I was hoping to get at least one more run as a contender this season before the Suns are forced to do something like what the Jazz did.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...we can win lots of regular season games with this flawed squad, but we obviously need more to win a championship. Hopefully this is a wake up call.
I hope it's a wakeup call too but for me it should be the wakeup call telling us to not invest any assets in an effort to get this team to the next level. It's time to think about the next window, one without CP3 and probably without DA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it's a wakeup call too but for me it should be the wakeup call telling us to not invest any assets in an effort to get this team to the next level. It's time to think about the next window, one without CP3 and probably without DA.

I think the Suns missed this window in the 2020 draft. Seriously doubt Devin Booker is ready for another rebuild.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something is going on in this locker room.

I have a hunch it’s revolving around CP37. This team went completely left the second it was mentioned he was coming back

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something is going on in this locker room.

I have a hunch it’s revolving around CP37. This team went completely left the second it was mentioned he was coming back

You mean before the Mavs game?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah.

This is just the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. This isn’t a talent thing it’s a chemistry thing. Something is going on

He was listed as out for that game already.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I know and you if you paid attention I said this team went sideways when the talk of him returning started

If anything, the Suns brought Paul back early. He wasn't even scrimmaging with the team.

I'm not sure why you think it's him. He didn't play in the last game with the Mavericks.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah.

This is just the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. This isn’t a talent thing it’s a chemistry thing. Something is going on
CP3 is good at wearing out his welcome. Comes with the talent/ego.

Still a top-3 trade in Suns’ history.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson