The Ayton Plan

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is there any evidence that Embiid wants to leave or that the organization is even considering moving on? Just asking. I’m sure the fan base doesn’t.

I don’t have any speculation about KD to the Suns or even about his mindset, but would you rather play with Kyrie and Harden/Simmons or with Booker/Bridges? I have no idea how KD and CP get along (or don’t).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any evidence that Embiid wants to leave or that the organization is even considering moving on? Just asking. I’m sure the fan base doesn’t.

I don’t have any speculation about KD to the Suns or even about his mindset, but would you rather play with Kyrie and Harden/Simmons or with Booker/Bridges? I have no idea how KD and CP get along (or don’t).

I think it's mostly fans looking at the 76ers hoping they decide to make changes.

Philadelphia fans are very passionate about their teams so I don't see it happening. It would take a lot for them to consider moving Embiid.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just rumors he’s not happy. The 76ers have made a lot of misteps around him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Embiid could name his next coach and probably name a player or two for the Sixers to target before they try moving him. If he's unhappy this off-season would be awfully quick for the Sixers to move him. It seems like they'd try to appease him first.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’d have to go nuclear to force his way out of there. Don’t see that happening this summer.
On paper yeah but its a players league if he wanted out he'd get out.

KD has always tweeted positive supporting statements about CP3. And I think he may actually be in love with Booker. And has been coached by Monte.

But this is the Suns franchise, we will end up with Tom Gugliotta or Pedoh Turkeyglue.
Or best case scenario Luc Longley.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On paper yeah but its a players league if he wanted out he'd get out.

KD has always tweeted positive supporting statements about CP3. And I think he may actually be in love with Booker. And has been coached by Monte.

But this is the Suns franchise, we will end up with Tom Gugliotta or Pedoh Turkeyglue.
Or best case scenario Luc Longley.
The cold hard truth.

Jakob Poetl, come on down!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cold hard truth.

Jakob Poetl, come on down!
If CP3 was still in his mid 20's, the purtle would be a great add for us. As it is, Jakob plus another role player and a high pick is all that we're likely to get for DA if we make the mistake of trading him.

I don't want to trade Ayton but if we must, I really hope it's for decent picks and a healthy player that isn't reading up on Medicare Plan B options.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If CP3 was still in his mid 20's, the purtle would be a great add for us. As it is, Jakob plus another role player and a high pick is all that we're likely to get for DA if we make the mistake of trading him.

I don't want to trade Ayton but if we must, I really hope it's for decent picks and a healthy player that isn't reading up on Medicare Plan B options.

Isn’t Jakob a free agent after next year?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would only be to use him as an asset I assume
Why? He isn't quite the player that Ayton is right now and he certainly doesn't have DA's untapped potential but I think you can win with Poeltl starting for you.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would only be to use him as an asset I assume
Why? He isn't quite the player that Ayton is right now and he certainly doesn't have DA's untapped potential but I think you can win with Poeltl starting for you.

If the Suns traded for Jakob Poeltl I'd like to keep him. The Suns could do far worse as a role playing center. He will stay near the rim, rebound, play defense and score close-in.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those who lamented Ayton's lack of dunking (me), they will be disappointed with Poeltl. In 68 games he had 44 dunks on 663 field goals (6.6% of field goals). In 58 games Ayton had 95 dunks out of 697 field goals (13.6% of field goals). So Ayton dunks twice as often as Poeltl.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I have nothing against him he’s very serviceable, but your going to have to pay him after the year it up. He’s gonna be looking at around 20

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the Suns traded for Jakob Poeltl I'd like to keep him. The Suns could do far worse as a role playing center. He will stay near the rim, rebound, play defense and score close-in.
Man that would be a tremendous disappointment.

Ayton we thought we were getting
|
|
|
|
|
V
Ayton we got
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
Poetl

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who lamented Ayton's lack of dunking (me), they will be disappointed with Poeltl. In 68 games he had 44 dunks on 663 field goals (6.6% of field goals). In 58 games Ayton had 95 dunks out of 697 field goals (13.6% of field goals). So Ayton dunks twice as often as Poeltl.
Poeltl doesn't have anywhere near the lift or athleticism of Ayton.

Right now, on his good days, Ayton is quite a bit better than Jakob. He has enough off nights to bring them closer to the same level but even still, DA is already the better player. And at almost 3 years younger than Jakob, he has a much better chance of improving considerably over the next few years.

This kind of deal only works if you're pretty much forced to make a trade. And even then, you better be getting another servicable player and an attractive draft pick

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

|
|
|
|
|
V
Ayton we got
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
Poetl

Sign and trades aren't the best way to to do business.

IMO, the Suns would be better off keeping Ayton and trading him later but if they must, Devin Vassell is a nice young talent and the 9th pick should have good value to keep or trade.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

|
|
|
|
|
V
Ayton we got
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
Poetl
I think it's a bit closer though still disappointing. I'd say the Ayton we hoped was expected to be a 98, the Ayton we got is an 80 on good nights and a 45 on his off nights. Jakob is a steady 60.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poeltl doesn't have anywhere near the lift or athleticism of Ayton.

Right now, on his good days, Ayton is quite a bit better than Jakob. He has enough off nights to bring them closer to the same level but even still, DA is already the better player. And at almost 3 years younger than Jakob, he has a much better chance of improving considerably over the next few years.

This kind of deal only works if you're pretty much forced to make a trade. And even then, you better be getting another servicable player and an attractive draft pick

The asking price from SA should be Poeltl, Vassell, #9, and #25.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson