The Autumn Wind is a Pirate

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I know it's a Raiders thing, and this is a Cards board, but when I think of football, this video always comes to mind. I wanted to toss this out there to the board on draft day, just to get us raring to go. As if we needed any more fuel!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I can't help thinking that if the NFL did one of these for the Cards, it would be like an accumulation of great plays all with the Cards on the 'losing' end of each.

I don't know if others notice what appears to me to be a very high percentage of that very thing in most short clips, ads, etc on TV. Seriously, anyone else noticed that it's more often than not the Cards on the dummy end of the great play?

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I miss those old NFL Films shows that used to run all night on like espn2 that would be a half hour recap of each team’s previous season.

It’d be like “Desert Storm - The Story of the 1995 Arizona Cardinals”

And somehow you’d end up convinced that the crap 4-12 football you witnessed all season wasn’t really all that bad and that if just a few bounces had gone the other way you might have actually been decent. With a couple additions and a solid draft for sure you were primed for a breakout year next season…

Fell for those every time!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know it's a Raiders thing, and this is a Cards board, but when I think of football, this video always comes to mind. I wanted to toss this out there to the board on draft day, just to get us raring to go. As if we needed any more fuel!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Love it Stout!! BTW, I have a friend who does an absolute PERFECT Facenda. I mean like, double take perfect.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I miss those old NFL Films shows that used to run all night on like espn2 that would be a half hour recap of each team’s previous season.

And somehow you’d end up convinced that the crap 4-12 football you witnessed all season wasn’t really all that bad and that if just a few bounces had gone the other way you might have actually been decent. With a couple additions and a solid draft for sure you were primed for a breakout year next season…

YES Big D! They had a way of making it seem like you were a juggernaut instead of a clown show.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fell like the Cardinals need something like this!!!

:newcards:

In the Autumn Air far above the gridiron,

A crimson bird of prey soars.

Fearlessly the masked hero dove

Into the battle field below.

A Rolling Thunder, Pouring Rain

This bird came on like a hurricane.

His Pantone 429 C is flashing across the sky

His enemies are young but they’re gonna die.

His Alternate Jerseys give you sensations up down your spine

If you are into Cardinals, you’re a friend of mine!

And so concludes my career in poetry...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

The narrator was awesome for nfl films

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd have paid to listen to Facenda and Morgan Freeman taking turns reading anything, even the phone book.

Local radio had a comedian do Morgan Freeman reading a local menu lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'd have paid to listen to Facenda and Morgan Freeman taking turns reading anything, even the phone book.

Local radio had a comedian do Morgan Freeman reading a local menu lol
Agree.
With a guest appearance from James Earl Jones