The Arizona Cardinals should not break the bank for Marquise Brown

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There aren’t 150 #1 receivers in the league. Cheese’s point is that he’s a good receiver but when deciding how to pay him you can’t pay him like a top #1 because he’s not that.
But in that case u must find someone Better then him, and its still uncertain if someone Better then Brown Will be available
With so many holes in the roster this franchise can let him go and downgrading the WR room?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But in that case u must find someone Better then him, and its still uncertain if someone Better then Brown Will be available
With so many holes in the roster this franchise can let him go and downgrading the WR room?
I get it. You hold onto him as your #1 if (a) you intend to get a #1 and make him your #2; or (b) you intend to be a mediocre franchise.

Right now we scrapped all our talent to rebuild the right way. Rebuilding with him as your intended #1 would be anathema to that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with signing him for a reasonable cost, but I feel like someone will break the bank to some degree for him, the way WR contracts have trended recently.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it. You hold onto him as your #1 if (a) you intend to get a #1 and make him your #2; or (b) you intend to be a mediocre franchise.

Right now we scrapped all our talent to rebuild the right way. Rebuilding with him as your intended #1 would be anathema to that.
U take him as the First wr until you find the first through the draft, then he Will be the second wr or a trade option
Better have more weapons then less weapons
I know many are too focus with our salary cap situation, but its Just a problem of poor ownership
U can overcome salary cap issues if there Is the willing of doing it

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There aren’t 150 #1 receivers in the league. Cheese’s point is that he’s a good receiver but when deciding how to pay him you can’t pay him like a top #1 because he’s not that.
No I get, but my point is that he is a good player. If you sign him to $20 mil per, very quickly his contract won't even be a top ten contract so he probably gets around that much.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown isn't worth $18-20 million to us during a rebuild and Monti knows it - and if he's learned anything so far - hopefully it's that you take what you can get when you can get it and to strike while the hammer's hot - meaning if Hollywood's numbers are up then other team's interest should be as well

And btw we shouldn't need Hollywood for Murray to be successful - Kyler's a grown ass man and shouldn't need coddling - especially if the coddle is under sized - below average - and cost $20 million

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown isn't worth $18-20 to us during a rebuild and Monti knows it - and if he's learned anything so far - hopefully it's that you take what you an get when you can get it and to strike while the hammer's hot - meaning if Hollywood's numbers are up then other team's interest should be as well

And btw we shouldn't need Hollywood for Murray to be successful - Kyler's a grown ass man and shouldn't need coddling - especially if the coddle is under sized - below average - and cost $20 million
Agree with this and I don’t believe KM will be telling this management team who to sign….

KiwiCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m on the side of paying market rate, but I’d try and keep it to a 3 year contract even if we have to overpay slightly to keep the years down.

At some point we need to retain some good players or our roster will always be bare. We have the money and if we draft a R1 or R2 WR who will ideally become our number 1, our WR room of Rookie, Brown and Wilson will be above average and not overly expensive. Brown is of the books by the time Rookie and Wilson require extensions.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We only got one game with Hollywood/Hopkins/Kyler. Just a shame.

There is still hope my friend! :)

I honestly think there's a chance the new leadership group will try to build around K1 and that Petzing (aka Dr. Evil, haha) is the competent, innovative mind that Kliff was supposed to be.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would either try and move him before the trade deadline if you don't intend to resign him. If you can't then let him test the market to see what the offers are. I agree, Brown isn't as good when there is no true #1 to take the focus off of him.

OP
OP
Goodyear Card

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
If MB is not the #1 WR, then I don't think we have a position for him. Wilson has looked good as the #2 WR and we have Moore and Dortch in the slot. He may be more valuable to another team.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lot of good, big, and fast WR coming out next draft. You would pay half the price if it is not a top ten pick

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Murray apparently returning I would leave things the way they are.
MB might just want to stay here with Murray.
I just don’t see teams breaking down our doors and over paying to obtain Brown.