The Arizona Cardinals should not break the bank for Marquise Brown

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HB, as of now is our #1 WR, and he's pretty good. If Wilson or someone else becomes the #1 WR, then HB will be a VG #2. JMO.
Only in a land of zero expectation is being ranked the 24th WR in the league considered “pretty good”. He’s a below average #1 WR.

He’s a pretty good #2 WR. But that’s his ceiling, IMO.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Only in a land of zero expectation is being ranked the 24th WR in the league considered “pretty good”. He’s a below average #1 WR.

He’s a pretty good #2 WR. But that’s his ceiling, IMO.
There's 32 #1's... so if he isn't ranked dead last it is at least not arguable that he is a #1.
But he does have shades of a short Alvin harper... Harper found out football is much harder without someone else drawing all the coverage away from you.
We're we to land MHJ... lining brown up in the slot where he would often face linebackers and safeties would do wonders for his production IMO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's 32 #1's... so if he isn't ranked dead last it is at least not arguable that he is a #1.

Right. He’s a bad #1. Yay. And that’s only because we have such little talent at WR. Literally, it’s him and Wilson. Everyone else is complete trash. Being a #1 on top of a trash heap ain’t nothing to boast about and you sure as hell don’t pay for top ten #1 salary for a guy at 24.

But he does have shades of a short Alvin harper... Harper found out football is much harder without someone else drawing all the coverage away from you.
We're we to land MHJ... lining brown up in the slot where he would often face linebackers and safeties would do wonders for his production IMO

Paying 20 million bucks for a short, #2 WR, who doesn’t block and drops passes is… exactly what the Cardinals would do.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Crimson Warrior The one disappointing thing about Hollywood is didnt he seem faster at OU? Just seemed like his top speed was at another level. About on par with guys like Waddle. Its why I still thought he could be a #1 Wr even if he wasnt as complete as someone like Lamb.
I think Brown and Murray will be joined at the hip. If Brown is traded, they've already made the decision to move on from Kyler. JMO
Maybe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys… this “he’s a #1 WR” because he’s ranked 24 and there’s 32 teams so he’s “technically a #1 WR” and we need to pay him as such… which is going to be 20 million, ala a top ten WR, has to die.

I mean… does that mean if we had Derek Carr, we should throw a commensurate massive contract? Afterall, he’s the 24th ranked QB. That makes him a #1 QB in the league!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
@Crimson Warrior The one disappointing thing about Hollywood is didnt he seem faster at OU? Just seemed like his top speed was at another level. About on par with guys like Waddle. Its why I still thought he could be a #1 Wr even if he wasnt as complete as someone like Lamb.

Maybe.

He was way more of a mismatch at the NCAA level I agree 1000%.

IMHO, there's such a huge, huge jump in the athleticism at NFL level that it makes him look kind of ordinary.

Still, put an at least average #1 on the field with him, and he'll get behind the defense more than he does now. Christian Kirk would when playing with DHop. I also think Hollywood is a component (#2 WR) of a championship winning team but of course it has to be for the right price.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score

IMHO, there's such a huge, huge jump in the athleticism at NFL level that it makes him look kind of ordinary.

Still, put an at least average #1 on the field with him, and he'll get behind the defense more than he does now. Christian Kirk would when playing with DHop. I also think Hollywood is a component (#2 WR) of a championship winning team but of course it has to be for the right price.
100% agree, I think Hollywood Brown is an excellent #2 and paired with a true #1 could be lethal with the pressure moved off of him. I think we are all upbeat about Michael Wilson, but the kid, especially in his first year just cant take the heat off Hollywood. Last year we could almost never get Dhop, Kyler, and Hollywood Brown on the field together (what was it, like 1-2 games?) so feel like we really missed a chance to see him explode.

Hollywood could certainly be a part of a team that really turns the page with a few more key components, but half of everything is timing. If he demands a huge #1 money contract (which i imagine he will at his point in his career), timing is just off for him to be a part of the future and we should let him walk.

Regarding the #24 chatter - its easy to be top 25 when you are getting fed like Hollywood is (its one of the reasons I have him on my fantasy team lol), but just open the espn fantasy app and go down the WR list, its not to hard to see at least 25 WR that if offered, would hands down swap with zero hesitation.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

We only got one game with Hollywood/Hopkins/Kyler. Just a shame.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there a possibility (if we're picking 3rd) that we'd have a core of MHJ, Hollywood and Wilson?

Or does the money not make sense if we're locked in MHJ in the draft?

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Is there a possibility (if we're picking 3rd) that we'd have a core of MHJ, Hollywood and Wilson?

Or does the money not make sense if we're locked in MHJ in the draft?
Overthecap has us at 67 mil of cap space going into 2024, we definitely have the money. Now we really need to use that money to beef up the defense, but really should have enough to pay a WR. If we are dishing out #1 WR money though, Id rather see MHJ, Higgins, and Wilson. Team would truly be an offensive threat in any circumstance

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Maybe.
It’s been my biggest disappointment. He seems neither super fast nor super jittery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard