The Annual "Potential Players Available for Trade" Thread

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ideally the type of player we would trade for, ecspecially if we are talking about giving up a 1st rounder, would be a guy at a position we are likely to draft anyway, and will be on the team for at least 3 or so years. Yes the cost is higher than a rookie, but so would the production.

JC Jackson? Gilmore if he's back to full health?

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would easily throw a 2nd & 5th for Grady(Atlanta won’t give him up at all or anything less than a 1st though). Would definitely help out the pass rush at least.
And that is it. Cost to acquire and then having the contract to accommodate as well is tough. There are plenty of names.

Fletcher Cox.
Javon Hargrave.
Cam Heyward.
Cam Jordan.
Akiem Hicks.
Grady Jarrett.

But those guys are all almost over 16 mil per season contracts and most are 32 or over. Add in the fact that most of those teams are still "in it" and it is tough.

Fletcher Cox has a decent contract to manage and is 31 on a team looking like it is rebuilding. He may not cost as much as Hargrave who is 3 years younger.

Grady Jarrett's team is probably ok with moving him for a sizable return. He is 28 so you are getting him in his prime but that will also mean they won't give him away. Atlanta is also up against the cap next year so transitioning to a cheaper roster is likely in the near future.

Cam Heyward is the best fit, but he is 32 and expensive. Also, he is a Steeler guy that I am not sure they would get rid of. Loyal organization.

Akiem Hicks is probably the most available player but he isn't what he was and they may want more for him than a team should give up.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
first on the run defense: as crazy as it sounds, Vance / the team is perfectly willing to give rushing yards if it means the pass defense is good. Again, they regularly line up with only 2 defensive linemen on the field. You could add Aaron Donald to the team and it you roll him + JJ Watt as your only two defensive linemen you will give up rushing yards.

more important to me is adding interior pressure in the pass rush with 4. Another reliable CB would be good as well.

Gilmore is all the rage, but i see other teams far more desperate for him (including the other three NFC West teams).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And that is it. Cost to acquire and then having the contract to accommodate as well is tough. There are plenty of names.

Fletcher Cox.
Javon Hargrave.
Cam Heyward.
Cam Jordan.
Akiem Hicks.
Grady Jarrett.

But those guys are all almost over 16 mil per season contracts and most are 32 or over. Add in the fact that most of those teams are still "in it" and it is tough.

Fletcher Cox has a decent contract to manage and is 31 on a team looking like it is rebuilding. He may not cost as much as Hargrave who is 3 years younger.

Grady Jarrett's team is probably ok with moving him for a sizable return. He is 28 so you are getting him in his prime but that will also mean they won't give him away. Atlanta is also up against the cap next year so transitioning to a cheaper roster is likely in the near future.

Cam Heyward is the best fit, but he is 32 and expensive. Also, he is a Steeler guy that I am not sure they would get rid of. Loyal organization.

Akiem Hicks is probably the most available player but he isn't what he was and they may want more for him than a team should give up.

There are other players playing well that aren't big names and could be available. All those big names are more than we can afford in both picks and cap space I think.

Folorunso Fatukasi at the Jets is a great run stuffer and would be my choice for value. He's also used to playing in a 3-4 until this year.

If they want to add some all round experience then Washington don't look like contenders and either way they are loaded on the D line. Matt Ioannidis has only been a rotation piece for them and is a sure fire cut for them after this season ($8m cap hit in '22 and only $1.5m dead money)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The tough part is that what we need is not really easy to find and the players we would be interested in are old and expensive. Not a ton of options out there better than what we have at a reasonable price.

Akiem Hicks is the guy but I am not sure the Bears are looking to throw in the towel along with the fact that I don't know giving up even more draft picks is the answer.

Cam Heyward is way too expensive.

Larry Ogunjobi was the guy in free agency but now he is on the Bengals and they think they are in it.

Outside of that, Tavan Bryan? Hard to tell what he is at this point.

K'Lavon Chaisson is a guy I might ask about but I don't know about his fit with Vance.

Maybe Javon Hargrave but he will not come cheap.

Grady Jarrett is a great player but I don't think he is built to be a run stuffer.
Akeem Hicks is the answer.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are other players playing well that aren't big names and could be available. All those big names are more than we can afford in both picks and cap space I think.

Folorunso Fatukasi at the Jets is a great run stuffer and would be my choice for value. He's also used to playing in a 3-4 until this year.

If they want to add some all round experience then Washington don't look like contenders and either way they are loaded on the D line. Matt Ioannidis has only been a rotation piece for them and is a sure fire cut for them after this season ($8m cap hit in '22 and only $1.5m dead money)

Yes u right there are some undarrated players less expensive who may be available
Certainly with zach Allen playing significant snaps its a problem moving forward

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith has been released... if you can pick him up without much capital you do it, great depth
If you enjoy complaining about Hicks being slow, you'll love complaining about Smith. His knee is shot and his game film from last year and this is isn't good. He needs to see if something can be done again to improve his knee...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If you enjoy complaining about Hicks being slow, you'll love complaining about Smith. His knee is shot and his game film from last year and this is isn't good. He needs to see if something can be done again to improve his knee...
You need to really watch some tape of him this season I would advise, he's faster than Hicks... I live in Texas, I am forced to see and hear about the Cowboys on a regular basis and he has something to offer :)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
You need to really watch some tape of him this season I would advise, he's faster than Hicks... I live in Texas, I am forced to see and hear about the Cowboys on a regular basis and he has something to offer :)
I can see everyone being thrilled with this.

Attachments

• 1C7348BE-DB34-46B4-B8E4-9AAE0FCE7E54.jpeg
    1C7348BE-DB34-46B4-B8E4-9AAE0FCE7E54.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 10

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The word on the street is CB, Cameron Dantzler is available for a 6. I’d make that deal. He’s a solid 2, but does have some team player issues.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The word on the street is CB, Cameron Dantzler is available for a 6. I’d make that deal. He’s a solid 2, but does have some team player issues.

Same. For a 6th that would be a solid add.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose