The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Watching how refs call this MIN-DAL game, our approach under Vogel has never had a chance to advance in the playoffs. I'm glad Allen improved over the season on defense, but our all offense starting lineup is just too weak on D, while not effetive enough on O. Our better defenders were glued to the bench until it's too late too little.
So, it's not much KD trade being bad, or Beal trade, but the complementary moves of coaching stuff and game philosophy were inadequate.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Doncic was abusing Goebert with PNR, MIN refused to adjust, also refused to use KyleA who was very effective in the 1st half.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Doncic was abusing Goebert with PNR, MIN refused to adjust, also refused to use KyleA who was very effective in the 1st half.
87-86 with Irvine 2 3pts, exploiting the def. weakness that's Conley. Kidd is a much better coach than Finch.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
MIN have themselves to blame for their bad rotation. DAL have better star power, when MIN was leading like 17-18, they needed to keep to the in-game flow of what worked best such as Kyle Anderson, but they stuck to their anticipated substitution pattern which Kidd certainly exploited, by destroying Goebert with Doncic in the 3rd just like in his final winning 3pt, and exploiting Conley with Irvine.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now both Indiana and the Timberwolves both blew games at the end. Sheesh. Series is over unless Dallas has historic collapse. Timberwolves now have to win 4 out of the next 5 games. It's not likely.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
if naz reid is your top performer you're not beating kyrie and luka - that simple - not in a close game - how dare they put gobert out there like that lol and anthony edwards belongs on a milk carton

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA review rule is pretty damn stupid.

It's infuriating. Did the ball go off McDaniels, probably, did Kyrie foul him, twice before the ball went out off him, very likely. If you can review the end of teh play you ought to be able to review the entire play and call one of those fouls.

Luka my goodness what a clutch shot

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like Edwards passing on the last two possessions. Even though Reid did have a good look on the last shot.

I think the jab step by the help defender convinced him to pass and then the defender got out and challenged the shot. I wish he'd just gone to the rim and put it on the refs to call a foul.

I thought Conley was huge in the last series but he's struggling on both ends in this one.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It's infuriating. Did the ball go off McDaniels, probably, did Kyrie foul him, twice before the ball went out off him, very likely. If you can review the end of teh play you ought to be able to review the entire play and call one of those fouls.

Luka my goodness what a clutch shot
I can't imagine anyone (other than Dallas fans) would see how that played out and thinks that's the right way to play it out.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
that out of bounds challenge was trashy trash but kidd understood the rules and used them to his advantage - nba needs to change that nonsense pronto

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player