The 2024-25 NFL league year

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Maybe, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that he won't be considered a top 15 QB by then, either.

I don't really expect five more QBs to sign big extensions between now and then, do you? I don't think Tua gets that deal; less sure about Lawrence and Love.
Well, Kyler hasn't come close to living up to the extension yet, so we'll see if he can live up to it when it becomes more of a bargain.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanna know why I'm skeptical of coverage stats that people post here to beat up various corners?

Check out Winfield's "Advanced Defensive Stats" for the past four years.

One season below a 102 passer rating allowed. Zero seasons allowing less than 7.3 yards per target. Allows over 2/3 of the passes in coverage to be completed.

Either the Bucs are very stupid or these stats don't mean as much as people think they do.
Guess it depends on which traditional and advanced stats you buy into.

Per The Athletic's article on Winfield's contract extension today points out where he excelled (with emphasis added):
Winfield picked up his All-Pro status by compiling 122 tackles, six sacks, a league-leading six forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, three interceptions and 12 pass defenses. In his four seasons with Tampa Bay, Winfield has amassed 384 tackles, 27 pass defenses, 11 forced fumbles and eight fumble recoveries.

Just reading his traditional statistics it’s easy to point to Winfield as one of the best safeties in the NFL. Predictably, Winfield’s case holds up when diving in on advanced metrics as well.

He was the No. 1 safety and No. 2 defensive back last season in “Total Points Saved,” via Sports Info Solutions. Only Dallas Cowboys cornerback DaRon Bland ranked ahead of Winfield, by one point, and Bland had five touchdowns off nine interceptions. That Winfield nearly topped Bland displays the prowess of the Tampa Bay safety. — Larry Holder, senior NFL writer

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m Guess it depends on which traditional and advanced stats you buy into.

Per The Athletic's article on Winfield's contract extension today points out where he excelled (with emphasis added):
Literally the first time I’ve ever heard of that metric. Generally I’m skeptical about expected points metrics because it feels a lot like a derivative of a derivative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92