The 2023 Arizona Diamondbacks Spring Training Thread

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to barf after reading this:

1. Madison Bumgarner is in the Opening Day rotation

Hazen was asked a couple of different ways about whether or not a poor spring could cost Bumgarner his spot in the starting rotation given his struggles last year. I’ll let you judge for yourself, but to me, Hazen was pretty emphatic.

“He’s going to get the ball again,” Hazen said. “He's going to get the ball again this season. Yes, we're penciling him to be in our rotation, and he's going to be in our rotation. Like I said, like with all the other veteran guys, I’d like to see him really step up and model -- all the great things that the [Evan] Longorias and the [Mark] Melancons and the Bumgarners have done in this game, who have stood on the mound and [won] World Series. I hope that that is going to really help propel our younger players.”

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to barf after reading this:

1. Madison Bumgarner is in the Opening Day rotation

Hazen was asked a couple of different ways about whether or not a poor spring could cost Bumgarner his spot in the starting rotation given his struggles last year. I’ll let you judge for yourself, but to me, Hazen was pretty emphatic.

“He’s going to get the ball again,” Hazen said. “He's going to get the ball again this season. Yes, we're penciling him to be in our rotation, and he's going to be in our rotation. Like I said, like with all the other veteran guys, I’d like to see him really step up and model -- all the great things that the [Evan] Longorias and the [Mark] Melancons and the Bumgarners have done in this game, who have stood on the mound and [won] World Series. I hope that that is going to really help propel our younger players.”
Just penciling him in does give some wiggle room but it does seem fait accompli

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose