The 2023 Arizona Coyotes off season thread

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doaner is probably my all-time favorite AZ professional sports player. Met him a few times with my son and he seriously stopped what he was doing and engaged in an actual conversation with my son. About a year later, we saw him again and he came up to us and actually called my son by name and asked if he was still playing basketball and chess. Amazing that he is able to do this as he meets thousands of people each year.

I'll always root for 19.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Doaner is probably my all-time favorite AZ professional sports player. Met him a few times with my son and he seriously stopped what he was doing and engaged in an actual conversation with my son. About a year later, we saw him again and he came up to us and actually called my son by name and asked if he was still playing basketball and chess. Amazing that he is able to do this as he meets thousands of people each year.

I'll always root for 19.
I had a great interaction with my oldest son and The Matrix. My son still remembers that to do this day. It is great when athletes or stars of anything act like that. The memory thing with Dean is above and beyond!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watched a PHX Sports podcast with a draft guru, and said there are good players through first 22-24 spots in the draft. Guaranteed awe will get two solid guys for the franchise at 6 and 12.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I would say Benson is a step below.

The more and more I look at this draft the more I think you were right. I think there is a drop off after the top 5. I like Benson as the #6 ranked player, but there is some separation between he and Smith at #5. With that being said though, assuming none of the top 5 drop, I am leaning towards hoping they take the Defenseman Reinbacher at #6. I think he is probably the 9-11 best player but I just don’t see him dropping to our other pick at #12. I think there is a much better chance of Benson/Dvorsky/Moore/Leonard (who are all probably in the same talent tier) lasting to #12. The NHL draft can get wacky though so hopefully one of the top 5 guys will be there at #6.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The 2023 NHL Entry Draft will be the 61st NHL Entry Draft. The draft is expected to be held on June 28–29, 2023, at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They need to quit buying big contracts now to get draft picks. They do need to transition over to the rebuild.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA