The 2023 Arizona Coyotes off season thread

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think that David Reinbacher is going to play a huge role in the Coyotes draft. I think one of three things will happen:
1- Somebody in the top five will draft him causing one of the “big 5” to drop to us (this is what I hope happens).
2- We draft Reinbacher ourselves at #6.
3- Another team trades up with us at #6 so that they can draft Reinbacher.
This is a super weak defensive draft and Reinbacher is by far the cream of the crop. I will be super surprised if he isn’t a top 6 pick. With that being said, I think the NHL draft tends to get more wonky than any of the other major sports so anything can happen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I find it interesting the Coyotes are looking for skilled players of course, but also looking at the guy's motors. From reading about Frank Vogel the new Suns coach, he treats high motors as a skill in itself. Interesting to see how Armstong's vision will translate when all these draft picks finally make the ice.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting the Coyotes are looking for skilled players of course, but also looking at the guy's motors. From reading about Frank Vogel the new Suns coach, he treats high motors as a skill in itself. Interesting to see how Armstong's vision will translate when all these draft picks finally make the ice.

I think Keller is a pretty stellar example of that. Small, skilled guy that puts it all on the ice every night even in "rebuilding" years. That insane injury he took the season before last and he still came out with fire in his belly last year. Now, imagine a team with a majority of players like that. :rockon: If they stay here long enough for this plan to come to fruition, we'd have a great chance to become a team that isn't the laughingstock of the league every year. Not sure what I'd do with myself then. o_O

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The draft has started and the Coyotes have two first round picks. I hope David Reinbacher is available at #6.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Montreal took Reinbacher. Hope Coyotes go defense and pick Sandin Pellikka.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes take Simashev. Glad they went for defense.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Coyotes take Simashev. Glad they went for defense.
I was fine with them going D, but not with Michkov sitting there. You should never pass up a potential superstar for the consensus 3rd best defenseman in a historically bad defensive draft at the #6 pick.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was fine with them going D, but not with Michkov sitting there. You should never pass up a potential superstar for the consensus 3rd best defenseman in a historically bad defensive draft at the #6 pick.
His hockey contract does not expire until after the 2025-2026 season is over. I think that is why teams are staying away.

JerkFace

Reaction score
His hockey contract does not expire until after the 2025-2026 season is over. I think that is why teams are staying away.
Simashev is under contract until after the 2024-2025 season. Not sure the one extra season should have made that much of a difference for a team that is a few years away like the Yotes.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

JerkFace

Reaction score
If Benson or Dvorsky is there at #12 I will just pretend that Michkov wasn’t available at #6 so we drafted one of them and then took Simashev at #12 :)

JerkFace

Reaction score