The 2023-24 league year

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

“We always believe in trying to be strong up front,” Beane said. “We really tried to solidify our O-line and then now this just gives us another body, another pass rusher. Protect your quarterback and get after the other team’s quarterback.

I hope the FO is reading this

Build the lines

What have we done to improve the Oline and Dline?

Draft a tackle to play guard and a guard to play C

Sign a guy with very little experience to play C and other players who couldn't make it with other teams

Dline signing are weak at best and who are our starters?

The same guys that looked like a sieve last year?

What's going to change

I get the rebuild is going on, but I still want to see improvement and an effort by the FO

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

“We always believe in trying to be strong up front,” Beane said. “We really tried to solidify our O-line and then now this just gives us another body, another pass rusher. Protect your quarterback and get after the other team’s quarterback.

I hope the FO is reading this

Build the lines

What have we done to improve the Oline and Dline?

Draft a tackle to play guard and a guard to play C

Sign a guy with very little experience to play C and other players who couldn't make it with other teams

Dline signing are weak at best and who are our starters?

The same guys that looked like a sieve last year?

What's going to change

I get the rebuild is going on, but I still want to see improvement and an effort by the FO
Hard to argue with their moves on the OL this season. What more would you have wanted to see?

I have doubts about BJO, and the interior DL is a catastrophe. Totally agree with you there.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to argue with their moves on the OL this season. What more would you have wanted to see?

I have doubts about BJO, and the interior DL is a catastrophe. Totally agree with you there.
Draft an actual C in the first 3 rounds. Someone who has experience playing there in college.

We need a young anchor for the middle of the Oline and have so for many years

There was a quality C in FA and they ignored him

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Draft an actual C in the first 3 rounds. Someone who has experience playing there in college.

We need a young anchor for the middle of the Oline and have so for many years

There was a quality C in FA and they ignored him

Can't do everything in one offseason. :shrug:

I'm convinced that there aren't a lot of quality Day-one starters at center in the draft. You can get Guys, but they're still going to take a year or two to develop as often as not. Maybe there's an argument to start that process now, but they're kind of already doing that with two or three different dudes already on the roster.

As for free agency, Sam Mustphier moved from Chicago to Baltimore for $0 guaranteed, and Evan Brown moved from Detroit to Seattle. That's the list of centers under 27 years old who played more than 10% of their teams' snaps in 2022 and were free agents.

Most of the other guys were not going to be on the roster when the Cards are competing again.

Center is a weird obsession here. Sendlein and Shipley were fine. Mason Cole played 97% of the snaps for a nine-win Pittsburgh team.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't do everything in one offseason. :shrug:

I'm convinced that there aren't a lot of quality Day-one starters at center in the draft. You can get Guys, but they're still going to take a year or two to develop as often as not. Maybe there's an argument to start that process now, but they're kind of already doing that with two or three different dudes already on the roster.

As for free agency, Sam Mustphier moved from Chicago to Baltimore for $0 guaranteed, and Evan Brown moved from Detroit to Seattle. That's the list of centers under 27 years old who played more than 10% of their teams' snaps in 2022 and were free agents.
At least draft a C to develop and he may be ready by next year

There was Ben Jones from the Titans who I was thinking of at least to fill the middle in the mean time

Ossie already should be familiar with him

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose