The 2023-24 league year

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddsmakers have predicted the Bears are going to trade him for some time, but the favored destination changed this week. The Falcons moved ahead of the Steelers to become -130 favorites to be the team Fields plays for in 2024. The Steelers moved to +350 with the Patriots at +700 and the Bears at +750.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddsmakers have predicted the Bears are going to trade him for some time, but the favored destination changed this week. The Falcons moved ahead of the Steelers to become -130 favorites to be the team Fields plays for in 2024. The Steelers moved to +350 with the Patriots at +700 and the Bears at +750.

Dave Wannstedt, meatball former coach with ties to Chicago and Pittsburgh, said on the radio that Fields to Steelers IS NOT going to happen.

For whatever that means.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dave Wannstedt, meatball former coach with ties to Chicago and Pittsburgh, said on the radio that Fields to Steelers IS NOT going to happen.

For whatever that means.
The local mouthpiece for Rooney threw cold water on the idea yesterday. Prevailing thought here is that the coaching staff wants Fields but that the owner wants to stick with Pickett.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The local mouthpiece for Rooney threw cold water on the idea yesterday. Prevailing thought here is that the coaching staff wants Fields but that the owner wants to stick with Pickett.
They are kind of the same, but different, QB.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of players have other representation for that. Caleb isn't managing his NIL deals on his own.
I read back in September that his dad handled hi NIL and will handle which team picks him. It was worked something like that. I'm thinking he forces his to Washington. He's from there and apparently he loves KK. We'll see! It's about to get fun

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I read back in September that his dad handled hi NIL and will handle which team picks him. It was worked something like that. I'm thinking he forces his to Washington. He's from there and apparently he loves KK. We'll see! It's about to get fun

That is not accurate, but it does repeat smears that regularly appeared about Caleb Williams for unknown reasons.

Smith & Company managed Caleb Williams' NIL deals.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is not accurate, but it does repeat smears that regularly appeared about Caleb Williams for unknown reasons.

Smith & Company managed Caleb Williams' NIL deals.
Is it really a smear? The below reads like his dad took care of it for him by hiring that company. This is from the article you posted.

The Williams family "enlisted the help" of Smith & Company to help Williams be an "endorsement leader."

Here is about the team he plays for.
Depending on which team lands next year's top pick, Williams' dad says he could choose to return to school and try again a year later.

I'm not trying to smear the kid, but posting what I remembered.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Is it really a smear? The below reads like his dad took care of it for him by hiring that company. This is from the article you posted.

Here is about the team he plays for.

I'm not trying to smear the kid, but posting what I remembered.
Of course it's a smear. "His dad is his agent"/handles all his business is a far cry from helping him select his professional representation. Is that really unclear to you?

What do you think that SI quote means? What is the conclusion you draw from it?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it's a smear. "His dad is his agent"/handles all his business is a far cry from helping him select his professional representation. Is that really unclear to you?

What do you think that SI quote means? What is the conclusion you draw from it?
I honestly don't care what it mean. I hope the kid ends up in the best spot for him and makes the most money he can and if he dad can helps him in the process, then even better. Everything I said was based on an interview from his dad back in September and I'm probably misremembering some of it. So again, I'm not trying to smear the kid. It's worked out for Lamar Jackson in going at it with an unconventional approach.

I hope they get all they can!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's funny because if the Steelers ownership would actually spend money and take some chances, the franchise would probably have more rings...

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday morning, I noticed an item on the Cardinals’ website highlighting specific topics from an interview of Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill on Arizona Sports 98.7. I skimmed the article, not expecting to find anything about the various controversies that have engulfed the Cardinals and Bidwill over the past year on the website owned and operated by the Cardinals and, in turn, by Bidwill.

As it turns out, there couldn’t have been anything in the article about the various controversies that have engulfed the Cardinals and Bidwill over the past year because not one of the controversies were mentioned during the 12-minute interview with hosts Dan Bickley and Vince Marotta.

Here’s the full interview from Bidwill’s annual visit to the station’s ironically named “Newsmakers” week.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
On Friday morning, I noticed an item on the Cardinals’ website highlighting specific topics from an interview of Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill on Arizona Sports 98.7. I skimmed the article, not expecting to find anything about the various controversies that have engulfed the Cardinals and Bidwill over the past year on the website owned and operated by the Cardinals and, in turn, by Bidwill.

As it turns out, there couldn’t have been anything in the article about the various controversies that have engulfed the Cardinals and Bidwill over the past year because not one of the controversies were mentioned during the 12-minute interview with hosts Dan Bickley and Vince Marotta.

Here’s the full interview from Bidwill’s annual visit to the station’s ironically named “Newsmakers” week.

98.7 is the flagship Cards station. Bidwill isn’t doing interviews with another outlet for a reason.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort