The 2023-24 league year

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof. I don't even think he's that good.

He's a very good leader. He owns that locker room top to bottom. But on the field he's good, not great.

He gotten better every year and just accounted for 35 TDs, 6 INTs and 4400 yards with a 14-1 regular season record.

And then took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and put up 35 points.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He gotten better every year and just accounted for 35 TDs, 6 INTs and 4400 yards with a 14-1 regular season record.

And then took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and put up 35 points.

With one of the most artificially stacked rosters in the league. The best O line, a top 5 TE and a top 5 receiving corp.

As I said, he's good. But I feel he is elevated by the team rather than elevating them.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With one of the most artificially stacked rosters in the league. The best O line, a top 5 TE and a top 5 receiving corp.

As I said, he's good. But I feel he is elevated by the team rather than elevating them.
You mean that TE that missed 40% of the season?

But by your standard, Pat Mahomes was carried by his team too. At age 24, he went to his first Super Bowl and had two Pro Bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl TE

4200 total yards, 28 TDs and 5 INTs with a 11-3 record. Hurts actually had a better season at age 24 with essentially the same level of weapons. They every had identical numbers in the Super Bowl. The only difference was KCs defense played against Jimmy G and destroyed him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean that TE that missed 40% of the season?

But by your standard, Pat Mahomes was carried by his team too. At age 24, he went to his first Super Bowl and had two Pro Bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl TE

4200 total yards, 28 TDs and 5 INTs with a 11-3 record. Hurts actually had a better season at age 24 with essentially the same level of weapons. They every had identical numbers in the Super Bowl. The only difference was KCs defense played against Jimmy G and destroyed him.

Mahomes just won the SB with a bunch of WR retreads and rookies on defense.

Are you suggesting Hurts is in Mahomes league?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think we should be wondering what Murray could be with Hurts' talent. Murray hasn't ever sniffed the numbers he just put up, better team or no.
Eh compare their season-by-season numbers and try again.

Murray's best season is pretty much on par with what Hurts did last year, and Murray has never had the cast Hurts had last season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

They would be right if football wasn't a game of 53 man rosters.

Last years Eagles team was stacked.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes just won the SB with a bunch of WR retreads and rookies on defense.

Are you suggesting Hurts is in Mahomes league?
We are taking about 24 years old Mahomes. Stop moving the goal post.

If Hurts isn't that good, then Mahomes wasn't at 24 either. They put up the exact same numbers with the same type of players. Numbers are numbers

Your quote, "Oof. I don't even think he's that good."

Also, Mahomes has the greatest TE of all time along with one of the greatest Offensive coaches of all time.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we should be wondering what Murray could be with Hurts' talent. Murray hasn't ever sniffed the numbers he just put up, better team or no.
I would trade Hurts for Kyler in a heartbeat and I love Kyler. Hurts will have a better career in my opinion.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wow...Hurts' best year, last year, was only marginally better than Murray's rookie season. About the only thing Hurts did better last year, than Murray in 2019 is TD/INT.
Which season was it that Murray threw for 4,000 yards again?
Which season was it that Hurts threw for 4k? lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Which season was it that Murray threw for 4,000 yards again?
2020 he threw for 3971 (1.7 yards per game off of 4000 yards) and 2021 (13 yards per game off 4000) he threw for 3787.

How do you think Murray would do playing behind probably the best OL in the game?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are taking about 24 years old Mahomes. Stop moving the goal post.

If Hurts isn't that good, then Mahomes wasn't at 24 either. They put up the exact same numbers with the same type of players. Numbers are numbers

Your quote, "Oof. I don't even think he's that good."

Also, Mahomes has the greatest TE of all time along with one of the greatest Offensive coaches of all time.

Mahomes makes throws Hurts can only dream about. In fact they are so far beyond Hurts he probably can't comprehend them enough to dream about them.

They aren't even remotely comparable in that regard.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wow...Hurts' best year, last year, was only marginally better than Murray's rookie season. About the only thing Hurts did better last year, than Murray in 2019 is TD/INT.

Which season was it that Hurts threw for 4k? lol
Yeah Hurts' best season was 3700. Murray three seasons where he surpassed Hurts' 3700.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2020 he threw for 3971 (1.7 yards per game off of 4000 yards) and 2021 (13 yards per game off 4000) he threw for 3787.

How do you think Murray would do playing behind probably the best OL in the game?
Gotta include rushing in there too. Being a QB isn't just throwing anymore. It's still close, but those numbers are important.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hurts has 44 passing TDs, 26 rushing TDs in his three seasons.

Muray has 84 passing TDs, 23 rushing TDs in his four seasons.

And I know that Hurts did only play a partial season his rookie year, but Murray has only played a partial season last year.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Gotta include rushing in there too. Being a QB isn't just throwing anymore. It's still close, but those numbers are important.
Murray has averaged almost 40 yards rushing per game, for his career.

Jalen Hurts has averaged 42 yards rushing per game, for his career.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes makes throws Hurts can only dream about. In fact they are so far beyond Hurts he probably can't comprehend them enough to dream about them.

They aren't even remotely comparable in that regard.
11-3 vs 14-1 with nearly identical types of rosters age 24. And Hurts can make runs Mahomes can only dream of.

Yes, Mahomes is a better QB, but saying Hurts isn't that good is just silly. Hurts is still only 24 and finished his second season as starter while putting up Mahome type numbers. Give the dude some freaking credit.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Like I said originally...If you took Hurts' leadership...especially his ability to fire up his teammates...and matched that with Murray's natural talent, you'd have a scary QB...(Mahomes).

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough...When comparing Murray's probably best year 2020, with Hurts' best year 2022, Murray threw for more yards and rushed for more yards.
I wasn't comparing those two players, others were. I was just pointing out that rushing is important to compare now. When a player rushes for 800 yards and scores 13 TDs, it's important to include in my opinion.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Comparing anyone to Mahomes is a waste of breath.

QB rating
QBR
ANY/A <-- some think this is one of the most important stats

Can help differentiate raw stats.

Jalen's "second" year (but first season he started, had a couple games his first year at tail end) is pretty comparable to Kyler's rookie year.

Hurts' "second" year is better than Kyler's third, both their best so far. Time will tell if Jalen will have a season like Kyler did last year.

Talent and coaching is arguable of course, but little doubt Jalen is a respected leader thus far in his NFL tenure. He also doesn't turn the ball over as much and so far been more consistent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave