The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Bell might still be a good addition for a team.

If the Suns weren't looking at McRae, Bell would be a worthy option.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Jackson shows how not to dunk a basketball.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is morally impossible to be a fan of the Suns AND the Lakers. But hey, you do you. ;)

The problem is, the Lakers have always been our rival but the same is not true the other way around. So, most Lakers fans can't understand the hate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly Dion Waiters had an impressive workout with the Lakers.

Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

Lakers have completed workout with free agent Dion Waiters and he had an impressive showing, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Next portion of Waiters' visit to the Lakers: Meeting with Frank Vogel, Rob Pelinka and Kurt Rambis.

12:38 PM - 2 Mar 2020

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is, the Lakers have always been our rival but the same is not true the other way around. So, most Lakers fans can't understand the hate.

Kobe considered the Suns a rival, if that matters. I can definitely see the case for his generation of Lakers having a rivalry with the Suns but it hasn't been a consistent long standing rivalry because of the lopsidedness, IMO.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ell-opens-up-rivalry-lakers-great/4589576002/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does that say about their trust in Hammond? She's been coaching a lot longer.

Saw it on Twitter and of course I can't find it now that I'm trying to link it but apparently Tim was assigned Charlotte as one of the teams he's in charge of scouting. Pop splits up the league for his assistants to focus on a few each. That's why Tim gets the nod here instead of Hammond. If Charlotte were a team on her list then she'd be the one coaching but the Spurs way is to give the control to the assistant who is in charge of scouting that team. It makes sense from that perspective.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Saw it on Twitter and of course I can't find it now that I'm trying to link it but apparently Tim was assigned Charlotte as one of the teams he's in charge of scouting. Pop splits up the league for his assistants to focus on a few each. That's why Tim gets the nod here instead of Hammond. If Charlotte were a team on her list then she'd be the one coaching but the Spurs way is to give the control to the assistant who is in charge of scouting that team. It makes sense from that perspective.
Thanks for the perspective.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson