The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So where would Simmons go if he were traded?

The Thunder need a young star and if they could move Chris Paul that might be a spot.

If the Sixers are eyeing Harden down the road then they sure as poo are not trading for Paul.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Sixers are eyeing Harden down the road then they sure as **** are not trading for Paul.

I'm not saying the Thunder trade Paul to 76ers. They would need to find a taker for Paul's contract which is easier said than done. It would probably have to be a multi-team trade.

I was simply looking for a good landing spot for Simmons.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
he’s also out of shape half the time

and how’s Embiid going to hold up in his notorious short rotations.

Embiid looked like toast by the 3rd qtr during bubble play. Reminded me of Shaq with D’Antoni in terms of conditioning.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whew Tyler Herro put on a show tonight. Boy was on fire. Lol

that’s why we don’t over react

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew Tyler Herro put on a show tonight. Boy was on fire. Lol

that’s why we don’t over react

This is an overreaction on your part.

So the Heat lose and the 20 year old still scores 14 points. One game does not a career make.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an overreaction on your part.

So the Heat lose and the 20 year old still scores 14 points. One game does not a career make.

no it’s not he’s back to what he was before a nice role player at this point.

and yes he’s going to have a very long nba career and I love him as a player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no it’s not he’s back to what he was before a nice role player at this point.

and yes he’s going to have a very long nba career and I love him as a player.

It sounds like we are on the same page but look at things differently.

When I look at a young player, I'm looking for them to flash their potential as a rookie. I think Herro has done that. I'm not asking him to go out there and score 37 points a game but I do think he has the potential to be really good.

It's sort of the way I'm looking for Cardinals rookie Isaiah Simmons to flash his potential sometime this season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like we are on the same page but look at things differently.

When I look at a young player, I'm looking for them to flash their potential as a rookie. I think Herro has done that. I'm not asking him to go out there and score 37 points a game but I do think he has the potential to be really good.

It's sort of the way I'm looking for Cardinals rookie Isaiah Simmons to flash his potential sometime this season.

whats going to make Herro above average is his attitude. Jimmy Butler is a dog and he’s hard on his teammates and from all accounts Herro has been the guys to take him in in practice and the guys to be by Jimmys side.

it’s his attitude that I love he’s going to be good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats going to make Herro above average is his attitude. Jimmy Butler is a dog and he’s hard on his teammates and from all accounts Herro has been the guys to take him in in practice and the guys to be by Jimmys side.

it’s his attitude that I love he’s going to be good.

Yeah. Attitude has a lot to do with it.

In pregame it showed Jimmy Butler wearing a jacket or something with Herro's number on it. So they have a good relationship.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well that sucks the Floppers are advancing. MPJ was on the bench, i say put your best players on the court to start the game and finish. Harris would have thrived more off the bench. Milsap was a no show, we know what he is, least give MJP some valuable time and experience.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well that sucks the Floppers are advancing. MPJ was on the bench, i say put your best players on the court to start the game and finish. Harris would have thrived more off the bench. Milsap was a no show, we know what he is, least give MJP some valuable time and experience.

They were never going to beat the Lakers. Lebron and AD are just to much.

Milsap and a rookie in MPJ aren’t going to put them over the edge. Milsaps best days are behind him, he’s been in the league for 15 years now.

I’m not questioning anything the Nuggets coaches did they had a great season and made a ton of strides the future is very bright there. Jokic is 25 and Murray is 23.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Jokic was ever the same after Howard roughed him up with some hard fouls early in the series.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Jokic was ever the same after Howard roughed him up with some hard fouls early in the series.

Howard roughed him and then he came back and dominated game 3.

It takes a lot to keep fighting up hill and coming back 3-1 twice I think took to much out of them while the Lakers were resting

the guys on TNT made the point about him looking tired as well as the whole team.

he literally has to do everything for them it all runs off him. It’s on him to find open shooters, score, set the screens at the top of the key, rebound.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the guys on TNT made the point about him looking tired as well as the whole team.

he literally has to do everything for them it all runs off him. It’s on him to find open shooters, score, set the screens at the top of the key, rebound.

That goes against your idea that he and Murray are top 10 players, doesn't it? I mean, he's not doing it alone. Lebron shut down Murray for the most part and that left Jokic to run the offense. They both have very bright futures but they I wouldn't say they're top both 10 talents yet. They're close and this playoff run will help them a ton in terms of experience but they're not quite there yet.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Howard roughed him and then he came back and dominated game 3.

It takes a lot to keep fighting up hill and coming back 3-1 twice I think took to much out of them while the Lakers were resting

Classic example of why we need to give Ayton help on the interior, rather than leaving it all up to him...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That goes against your idea that he and Murray are top 10 players, doesn't it? I mean, he's not doing it alone. Lebron shut down Murray for the most part and that left Jokic to run the offense. They both have very bright futures but they I wouldn't say they're top both 10 talents yet. They're close and this playoff run will help them a ton in terms of experience but they're not quite there yet.

I don’t think so. They ran into a better a team don’t forget the Lakers are the higher seed and have pretty much been the favorites all season.

oh they lost to Lebron James and AD I’m not holding that against them.

remember what all these guys pretty much have in common and that’s losing in the playoffs before winning in the playoffs. Lebron had his own fights with the Celtics and others before he climbed that mountain doesn’t mean he wasn’t a great player or a top ten player cause he was.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton isn’t asked to do half the stuff Jokic does.

Yes, and no. Jokic certainly has more passing and offense initiation burden than Ayton, but Jokic also has help with rebounding, rim protection, inside scoring and interior defense, which Ayton does not.