The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, and no. Jokic certainly has more passing and offense initiation burden than Ayton, but Jokic also has help with rebounding, rim protection, inside scoring and interior defense, which Ayton does not.

Is a 15 year veteran in Paul Milsap really much of a help? I’d rather have Baynes at this point in there careers. They don’t really play any defense that’s there big flaw

And Jokic carries the rebounding load heavy for the Nuggets

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is a 15 year veteran in Paul Milsap really much of a help? I’d rather have Baynes at this point in there careers. They don’t really play any defense that’s there big flaw

And Jokic carries the rebounding load heavy for the Nuggets

Jokic at least isn't surrounded solely by players with shooting guard and point guard bodies strength and bulk wise.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic at least isn't surrounded solely by players with shooting guard and point guard bodies strength and bulk wise.

I mean he kinda is. It’s pretty much an old Milsap and Plumlee all there other guys pretty much camp out at the 3 point line.

The Nuggets aren’t some big physical team

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I mean he kinda is. It’s pretty much an old Milsap and Plumlee all there other guys pretty much camp out at the 3 point line.

The Nuggets aren’t some big physical team

True, but compared to the Suns...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howard roughed him and then he came back and dominated game 3.

It takes a lot to keep fighting up hill and coming back 3-1 twice I think took to much out of them while the Lakers were resting

the guys on TNT made the point about him looking tired as well as the whole team.

he literally has to do everything for them it all runs off him. It’s on him to find open shooters, score, set the screens at the top of the key, rebound.

I think this is what happened as well. It seemed to be the Lakers game plan to rough up Jokic. He is so important to the Nuggets team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Malik Beasley reportedly arrested and released.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers and Heat are in the finals.

Heat beat Celtics 125-113.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bam Adebayo dominant with 32 points and 14 rebounds.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LeBron was allowed to essentially charge into defenders with no call, we saw it plenty against Murray. Shoulder down right into his chest. Butler is a different person than anyone Lebron has face in this years playoffs. When Lebron was in the east and Butler on the Bulls, we came to see the rising of Butler. Butler might be the strongest defender to play Lebron if the refs will allow it.

Lakers might get exposed on the pick and roll while the Heat have better 3pt shooters in my opinion. I'm liking Olynyk too to get physical if it comes down to just being an enforcer type player in limited minutes. Also im hoping Crowder can be more consistent with his shooting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duncan Robinson has found a career beyond sports media.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we will see Dwight Howard guarding Bam Adebayo in the finals trying to rough him up and distract him. I'm hoping the referees don't allow it.

It's hard to see the Heat matching up with the physicality of the Lakers but the Heat didn't get where they are by being soft.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we will see Dwight Howard guarding Bam Adebayo in the finals trying to rough him up and distract him. I'm hoping the referees don't allow it.

It's hard to see the Heat matching up with the physicality of the Lakers but the Heat didn't get where they are by being soft.

They're both physical teams but different sorts of physical. The Heat are more of a blue collar tough while the Lakers play Bully-Ball. It's sort of the difference between the Bad Boy Pistons and the early 2000's Pistons that won a title. I like Miami's chance to upset them if they can keep knocking down their outside shots and maintain their composure.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're both physical teams but different sorts of physical. The Heat are more of a blue collar tough while the Lakers play Bully-Ball. It's sort of the difference between the Bad Boy Pistons and the early 2000's Pistons that won a title. I like Miami's chance to upset them if they can keep knocking down their outside shots and maintain their composure.

The Heat have the 3-point shooters in Dragic, Robinson, Herro and Nunn but as @95pro mentioned Jae Crowder needs to start knocking down that shot as well.

The experience and toughness of Butler and Iggy could be a big factor in the series. Crowder is a hard nosed player as well.

I do expect the Lakers to try to get Bam in foul trouble and put additional defensive pressure on the rookie Herro.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Heat have the 3-point shooters in Dragic, Robinson, Herro and Nunn but as @95pro mentioned Jae Crowder needs to start knocking down that shot as well.

The experience and toughness of Butler and Iggy could be a big factor in the series. Crowder is a hard nosed player as well.

I do expect the Lakers to try to get Bam in foul trouble and put additional defensive pressure on the rookie Herro.

I think the Lakers will have a tough time guarding the Bam pick and roll, so there's going to be some cheap shots for sure. Butler and Crowder are strong bodies for Lebron, maybe an older Iggy guards him every now and then.

The Heat have those three point shooters who like to run off screens, shoot AND make them. Also as i said, Olynyk can be just as physical, borderline dirty, which i'm liking in this series, i expect some hard fouls to come from him. The heat are younger and were quicker to those 50/50 balls than the Celtics, i expect them to not lose a step as the hobbled Nuggets did.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Lakers will have a tough time guarding the Bam pick and roll, so there's going to be some cheap shots for sure. Butler and Crowder are strong bodies for Lebron, maybe an older Iggy guards him every now and then.

The Heat have those three point shooters who like to run off screens, shoot AND make them. Also as i said, Olynyk can be just as physical, borderline dirty, which i'm liking in this series, i expect some hard fouls to come from him. The heat are younger and were quicker to those 50/50 balls than the Celtics, i expect them to not lose a step as the hobbled Nuggets did.

The Lakers seemed to intimidate the Nuggets and the referees let Howard get away with a lot of stuff early in that series. They could hammer Jokic but if he touched anyone it was a foul.

This is where the Heat veterans need to step up. Heat need to keep Bam out of foul trouble with the Lakers physical inside presence. Plumlee played okay in that series but I hope Olynyk can bring more to the table. They will need him to play physical.

I worry more about the Heat getting in foul trouble than anything else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I knew there would be pressure to make a change but still sort of stunned. I guess with two superstars there is no room for error.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

Who was hobbled?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard