The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers are allowed to rough up the Nuggets. It's not pretty basketball.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers are allowed to rough up the Nuggets. It's not pretty basketball.

This is some ugly basketball. The Lakers aren't being called for anything while the Nuggets can't breathe in their vicinity without picking up a foul.

The Lakers are up by like 23 headed into the 4th quarter and I've seen all I can stomach. These Lakers aren't even entertaining like Kobe's were.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is some ugly basketball. The Lakers aren't being called for anything while the Nuggets can't breathe in their vicinity without picking up a foul.

The Lakers are up by like 23 headed into the 4th quarter and I've seen all I can stomach. These Lakers aren't even entertaining like Kobe's were.

I quit watching a few minutes ago. The Lakers were allowed to pound on the Nuggets early and get them in foul trouble. I didn't see all the fouls on Jokic but the first one they called on him was nothing.

The strategy appeared to be, get Jokic in foul trouble because the Nuggets run their offense through him. If the referees are going to let the players play, it should apply to both teams.

I so dislike the LA teams especially the Lakers.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Maybe if the Suns keep Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson and Kelly Oubre long enough their bodies will mature into grown men. The same with Ayton.
I can't tell if you're joking around. Waiting for five grown men . . . to grow into grown men.

In the most competitive basketball league in the world. Where the refs favor instigators in terms of contact.

Especially on a team, except during the Barkley years, which has a half century reputation of playing 'soft'.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I can't tell if you're joking around. Waiting for five grown men . . . to grow into grown men.

In the most competitive basketball league in the world. Where the refs favor instigators in terms of contact.

Especially on a team, except during the Barkley years, which has a half century reputation of playing 'soft'.
If thats not a grown mans body especially aytons I'd hate to know what mine would be called

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns need to keep their core players together long enough so they can mature as a team.

Do you think you were all you could be at 22?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Suns need to keep their core players together long enough so they can mature as a team.

Do you think you were all you could be at 22?

That was the year I graduated college and entered active duty with the National Guard
(while the U.S. was in Viet Nam only with a few "advisors", and it was not in the news).

So, no, I hadn't even started being all I could be in the business world.

But I started with good habits. In basketball terms, I didn't shy away from contact. :)

That's Deandre's problem. He has started with bad habits, with no sign of improvement.

So far, we've seen no hope for gain. The more time that has gone by, the farther he
has played from the basket. Especially now that he has added a 3-point shot.

That's why I advocate a legitimate Power Forward next to him rather than Small Forwards.

It is not just about maturing as a team, but HOW they mature as a team.

As a saying goes, practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the year I graduated college and entered active duty with the National Guard
(while the U.S. was in Viet Nam only with a few "advisors", and it was not in the news).

So, no, I hadn't even started being all I could be in the business world.

But I started with good habits. In basketball terms, I didn't shy away from contact. :)

That's Deandre's problem. He has started with bad habits, with no sign of improvement.

So far, we've seen no hope for gain. The more time that has gone by, the farther he
has played from the basket. Especially now that he has added a 3-point shot.

That's why I advocate a legitimate Power Forward next to him rather than Small Forwards.

It is not just about maturing as a team, but HOW they mature as a team.

As a saying goes, practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

I doubt you were ready to bang with any NBA players back then.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
⁦‪@wojespn‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Barring a setback in pregame warmups, there’s significant optimism within the Celtics that forward Gordon Hayward (right ankle sprain) will be active to play in Game 3 vs. Miami tonight, sources tell ESPN. After missing a month, Hayward offers a sizable boost for Boston’s bench.

9/19/20, 11:58 AM

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
⁦‪@wojespn‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Barring a setback in pregame warmups, there’s significant optimism within the Celtics that forward Gordon Hayward (right ankle sprain) will be active to play in Game 3 vs. Miami tonight, sources tell ESPN. After missing a month, Hayward offers a sizable boost for Boston’s bench.

9/19/20, 11:58 AM

Another good player always helps but shooting has not been the Celtics problem. It's that Miami defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, if there were a WNBA back then
and Sophie Cunningham were playing . . . .

Who wears short shorts? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I better not touch this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon Hayward is expected to come off bench tonight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celtics-Heat game is underway. I'm anxious to see how Gordon Hayward plays.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the Celtics playing Kanter early in the game. He gave them more height and presence at center.

When he goes out the Heat quickly cut the Celtics lead to 4 points.

Celtics lead 40-36 in 2nd quarter.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I liked the Celtics playing Kanter early in the game. He gave them more height and presence at center.

When he goes out the Heat quickly cut the Celtics lead to 4 points.

Celtics lead 40-36 in 2nd quarter.

That much more of an illustration that to be a contender, you need beef in the frontcourt...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celtics lead Heat at halftime 62-50

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That much more of an illustration that to be a contender, you need beef in the frontcourt...

Yeah, but the Celtics got their big lead off a small lineup right before the half fueled by some steals and easy baskets.

We do agree, teams need to be able to go big at certain times. I like the Celtics bigs like to play inside.

Suns could use a Richaun Holmes type player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, but the Celtics got their big lead off a small lineup right before the half fueled by some steals and easy baskets.

We do agree, teams need to be able to go big at certain times. I like the Celtics bigs like to play inside.

Suns could use a Richaun Holmes type player.

Still ticks me off that Jones signed Kaminsky instead...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still ticks me off that Jones signed Kaminsky instead...

He didn't really sign Kaminsky "instead". It's not like they reviewed the value of each player and opted for Frank over Richaun. Holmes was crossed off the list of potentials because of his drug arrest. So, be pissed Holmes screwed up or be pissed that the organization was cleaning house and trying to clean up it's image.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He didn't really sign Kaminsky "instead". It's not like they reviewed the value of each player and opted for Frank over Richaun. Holmes was crossed off the list of potentials because of his drug arrest. So, be pissed Holmes screwed up or be pissed that the organization was cleaning house and trying to clean up it's image.

Looks like Holmes cleaned up just fine. Perhaps it was the leadership, or lack thereof, from Igor Kokoskov...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Holmes cleaned up just fine. Perhaps it was the leadership, or lack thereof, from Igor Kokoskov...

Personally, if that was the only black mark against him, I would have kept him anyway. But with Jackson's antics in Florida and Richaun's marijuana problem I understand why they chose to clean house. Especially with a known straight shooter taking over as Head Coach.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They both went to Sacramento. So blaming Igor for his transgressions when they stuck together is pretty lame.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard