The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a punch only lands you so many games, then what does tugging on someones shorts earn?

Well, it's unquestionably cheating so I figure it should draw a much higher penalty than a punch thrown in the heat of the moment. I'd ban him for the rest of the season but the commissioner is too gutless to do that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a Morris. Ban him for life.

So, no more Markieff Morris, no more Marcus Morris? How about Morris Chestnut, we should take him out also just to be safe. And maybe Morris the Cat too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Two young SG’s with new contracts are performing well so far offensively..

Devin Booker - 29/4/7 - .66 TS%
Zach Lavine - 32/4/3 - .70 TS%

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two young SG’s with new contracts are performing well so far offensively..

Devin Booker - 29/4/7 - .66 TS%
Zach Lavine - 32/4/3 - .70 TS%

Saw the final seconds of a Bulls game the other night where LaVine had the chance to win against the Pistons and fumbled an inbound pass that was then spiked across the court by Ish Smith. Still can't believe LaVine is getting "star" type of money and Chicago opted to match. I expect his numbers will drop with time. He's definitely not a #1 option like Booker. I doubt he's a feasible #3 option even.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Embiid is a real punk. He flopped, pretending to get an elbow from Drummond causing Drummond to get ejected with his 2nd tech.

The NBA really needs to come down on flopping. Especially the egregious incidents. I think suspensions are the only way to fix it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid is a real punk. He flopped, pretending to get an elbow from Drummond causing Drummond to get ejected with his 2nd tech.

The NBA really needs to come down on flopping. Especially the egregious incidents. I think suspensions are the only way to fix it.

It gets tricky though because you can't really prove intent most of the time. That's why I've always thought it's better to go after the organization itself. That way there is no players association waiting to sue at the drop of a hat. Hand out huge fines to teams and have them get progressively larger with each violation. Then start taking draft picks away if that doesn't put a halt to it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, it's unquestionably cheating so I figure it should draw a much higher penalty than a punch thrown in the heat of the moment. I'd ban him for the rest of the season but the commissioner is too gutless to do that.

People hold and tug all game long so we can’t call that cheating if it’s being allowed.

But in this case it should be a technical, at least. I’m not sure what retroactive penalty would there be for this. Fine?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
People hold and tug all game long so we can’t call that cheating if it’s being allowed.

But in this case it should be a technical, at least. I’m not sure what retroactive penalty would there be for this. Fine?
I would imagine a fine, but I believe a suspension of at least one game would be better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not the same thing. He wasn't in the game. Someone from outside the game tried to influence the outcome of the game. That has to be considered intolerable and the penalty should be stiff. It probably won't be but it should be. It's a gross violation of the spirit of competition and the rules of the game.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I don’t understand why they can’t go to their “review” for something like that while they do the “review” for plenty of pointless other things.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

While watching the game, I really thought the technical was on Embiid for flopping as it was quite obvious.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah.

The refs in game should be able to review it when the moment is that big and the league should issue a one game suspension for flops that impactful and shameful.

EDIT: Wow, just watched the replay, that flop was disgusting and the screaming for Drummond's ejection and taunting the fans was worse. The league has to do something about that, pathetic.

Also, that palmed ball fake by Blake right before his game winning drive was filthy smooth. Looked like Dr J.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denver wins again, 4-0 with a win over the Warriors and the best defensive rating in the league. Our loss to them is becoming less distressful.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave